jag1003

POE overlay

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I Purchased a ticket for my fiancee and her POE will be at LAX and will have a connecting flight to houston but not after 11 hours. That means she will be staying there in california for a while before she travels to houston. Is it okay? or is there any problem? Please reply asap...need help....

Edited by jag1003

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why would this be a problem? what is your concern?

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd suggest that you fly to LA, meet her, and make the last leg together. A much nicer way to spend that layover after the long trip to LA.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It won't be a problem but I would meet her at immigration and fly home together, they have a nice flower stand there. You will be a hero if you do. It will take about 3 hours at immigration.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Why would this be a problem? what is your concern?

The problem would be that means she will have to go out of the airport and stay in california for awhile...Will the immigration officer would not question her that she will be staying there for a while and not go straight to houston which is my current address and the place she will be staying here in the US.

I'd suggest that you fly to LA, meet her, and make the last leg together. A much nicer way to spend that layover after the long trip to LA.

That's what I did with Umit's flight - I surprised her with a dozen roses :)

The problem would be that means she will have to go out of the airport and stay in california for awhile...Will the immigration officer would not question her that she will be staying there for a while and not go straight to houston which is my current address and the place she will be staying here in the US.

Erm - no - they understand layovers and flights :)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

That's what I did with Umit's flight - I surprised her with a dozen roses :)

Erm - no - they understand layovers and flights :)

She has a relatives over there in LA. Is that okay if she spend the night over there while waiting for her flight?

She has a relatives over there in LA. Is that okay if she spend the night over there while waiting for her flight?

Once she is done with immigration at LAX - this would be acceptable.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Once she is done with immigration at LAX - this would be acceptable.

Thank You.....for everything...I was just concerned because somebody told me that she might get in trouble because the immigration might suspect that she would be staying there for good in california and will not go through houston.

I Purchased a ticket for my fiancee and her POE will be at LAX and will have a connecting flight to houston but not after 11 hours. That means she will be staying there in california for a while before she travels to houston. Is it okay? or is there any problem? Please reply asap...need help....
This is way more time than needed for ongoing LAX->IAH connexion.

An idea for her--she can bug the airline to get a standby on an earlier flight; best-case she gets to Houston earlier, worst case status-quo.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Bottom line. Once she clears immigration/customs at LAX she is done. Where she goes from there is your business. They understand that not all flights are direct. As others have said, go meet her. Maybe spend a day or two in CA.

Thank You everyone...It definitely made my mind at ease.

Now if she stays in LA with family, and never comes to you....

Nah - that never happens, right? :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They don't really pay attention to that...I mean, she has a boarding pass right? why is she leaving the airport?

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Timeline

They don't really pay attention to that...I mean, she has a boarding pass right? why is she leaving the airport?

because she will be waiting for 11 hours for the next flight.she will arrive in LA at 7pm and next flight to houston is 6 am.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.