FB14

NEed some Serious Advice!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning FB --

Wow you have a lot on your plate. I don't know much about you or your fiance other than what you typed here, but he has a lot going on. Is he telling you different things about the situation or did you get the information from someone else. The final decision is up to you...all some of us can do is advise you...by the sound of your post, I think you know what's up.

To be honest I havent even spoken to him since the night before getting arrested. I really dont know what to say or think. The officers arent releasing much info and some stories are very contradictory. I was thinking to reschedule the interview for now and once I get more info I will cancel the whole petition. Somethings are signs given from God. What a time for this to occur.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

please read above to see my replies.

To be honest I havent even spoken to him since the night before getting arrested. I really dont know what to say or think. The officers arent releasing much info and some stories are very contradictory. I was thinking to reschedule the interview for now and once I get more info I will cancel the whole petition. Somethings are signs given from God. What a time for this to occur.

I like you.. you're sensible and godly .. yes.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

Okay ...I thought as much. I pray you find peace in the decisions you make and please don't beat yourself up about it. You are right though "Somethings are signs given from God" -- God Bless you.

One Love,

Lawny

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you not want to take care of your own childhelpsmilie.gifThis is very serious, although a common assault in Jamaica once their previous relationship is not working out, and it involves children, they back out, no offense guys!!! But you have more single parenting in Jamaica than family oriented settings ask RICARDO!!!!!!!!

Priority Date:June 02,2009

Timeline

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you not want to take care of your own childhelpsmilie.gifThis is very serious, although a common assault in Jamaica once their previous relationship is not working out, and it involves children, they back out, no offense guys!!! But you have more single parenting in Jamaica than family oriented settings ask RICARDO!!!!!!!!

You are so right. but honestly, he tries his best with the child support. He doesnt male much as a taxi driver who doesnt own his car. Also, he has an other child as well. It's not like he totally abandon taking care of his kid. I'm more concerned about the rape part. It devastates me that there would have been a possibility of me migrating a rapist to the U.S. I invested so much time and effort into this and now it's like i did everything in vain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You are so right. but honestly, he tries his best with the child support. He doesnt male much as a taxi driver who doesnt own his car. Also, he has an other child as well. It's not like he totally abandon taking care of his kid. I'm more concerned about the rape part. It devastates me that there would have been a possibility of me migrating a rapist to the U.S. I invested so much time and effort into this and now it's like i did everything in vain.

it sounds like you already made your mind up about whether he is/could be a rapist??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

Most taxi drivers in Jamaica tends to get themselves mixed up with the school children, first to think about the music that they have in their car, most schoolas takes the car with the music, second they like the idea of getting quick cash, but mark this they are some little caniving schoolas out there that will make u think different as well.

Priority Date:June 02,2009

Timeline

Most taxi drivers in Jamaica tends to get themselves mixed up with the school children, first to think about the music that they have in their car, most schoolas takes the car with the music, second they like the idea of getting quick cash, but mark this they are some little caniving schoolas out there that will make u think different as well.

good.gifgood.gif

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Here goes,

After working so hard to get an approved petition and an interview date everything is falling apart. My fiance's visa appointment was supposed to be on Nov 1st. On October 13th he went to get a police record and was told to pick it up on the 21st. However, he decided that he would have picked it up today along with his medical. However on friday night he was arrested due to warrants from traffic tickets and back up child support payments. Also, they say suspicions of rape. Now he was arrested two months ago for traffic tickets and when he paid the ticket they held him on suspcioins of rape and then they let him go because they said he wasnt the person they were looking for. He's been in jail for three days and I've been calling back and forth and keep hearing different information. Now if he is a rapist there is no question as to whether or not it's over. But, he hasnt been charged as yet and they say he will have to do an id line up to see if he will be picked as the culprit. I'm not sure what to think of this or what to do visa interview wise. Does anyone have any idea how the justice system works in Jamaica? And i really feel like cancelling this petition. I just dont know what to think or feel in this situation.

Renee

At this point you should not marry. You need to get to know him a lot more if you still want to marry him. There is a lot that he did not share with you, and could have cause a problem for you once here in the state. Did you meet this guy on your own. I have been through the process years ago and todate my ex husband has a warrent out for his arrest and order to deport and is of course on the run. The warrent is for threat to do bodily harm. I should have waited and learned a lot more. Years later I am married to a wonderful man who is currently in Jamaica. He was introduced to me by a cousin who I have known here in the states for a couple of years. Also an old fling still a good friend had him checked out and he came up clean. I feel I luck up real good this time. Although I am still very careful testing and questioning him all the time I think this is the one. He has had a lot to prove to me and has done very well. Again please becareful in whatever you decide to do.

Renee

Timeline

You are so right and I've been told this by many. However, I cancelled my petition because I've learned that he was charged for rape and indecent behavior. Thank God I dodged a bullet. Hope his #### rots in jail. Next time I wont be so hasty. You really have to get to know a person before making such a drastic step. i feel very relieved.

Timeline

You are so right and I've been told this by many. However, I cancelled my petition because I've learned that he was charged for rape and indecent behavior. Thank God I dodged a bullet. Hope his #### rots in jail. Next time I wont be so hasty. You really have to get to know a person before making such a drastic step. i feel very relieved.

That was quick. So he was charged. He's official... Never understood why these men Would rape people.. Sick.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

You did the right thing and you must feel proud of yourself. :thumbs::thumbs:

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seems like you did the right thing! Good thing this happened for you to know who he really is...God works in weird ways sometimesrose.gif

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.