emorano

Applying for K1 visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think the hardest part is putting the packets together and sending them out, especially the i-129f. Also make sure you have proof of the relationship, and if you dont have any start getting it together now. Pictures, travel boarding passes, call logs, etc. If you need any help send me a message im just starting off too =)

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys! how are you? Im from Argentina and we are filling the K1 visa with my american fiancee so I can come to live with him and get married in the future.

Im a little bit scared about what things may get us rejected, I d like to know from your experience what is really important in the forms for them, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Well, i will speak from my point of view , I have applied and got refused from the USCIS office, it never passed there but at least i wasn't approved for some reasons .

1- Age difference between me and my wife

2-My lawyer made 3 mistakes when we filled and we had to fix it

3-They asked for a RFE and i sent all they asked to the lawyer and then my lawyer didn't send everything so stuff was missing so obviously he thought we were lying and denied us

4-This is important, LUCK , there are good and bad people EVERYWHERE , and my case got in an ignorant racist person's hand because we noticed that from how he worded everything in the denial and from the HELL LONG LIST he asked in the RFE .

Things to do 1- Make sure every word and everything in the forms matches the documents your supporting

2- Make sure to ask people here in the forum instead of guessing

3-Gather every little piece of proof of your bonafide relationship and send whats more important and don't be over in what your sending (Be in the middle )

4-Pray to god because he is the only one that writes your fate.

Not to do things 1- DON'T hire any lawyer you don't know and this is from my experience- i prefer if you wouldn't at all because sometimes they look at it like your scared of something and have him as a backup , they don't all look at it like you don't know the process and just needed one.

2-Don't keep making inquiries about your case status after you file because i think that pisses them off .

3-Don't be sending many money transfer receipts because sometimes they look at it bad.

4-Don't send any old pictures of you or your fiancee

5-Don't ever think these people are DUMB, they are smart and had hundreds and maybe thousands of cases like you and they even had a very smart people tried to trick them.

I wish i have saved something wrong were gonna happen or helped you a little :)

Edited by SamOnline

Beautiful patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Im sorry about what happened to you, thanks for your experience, there are many ways to be together with your wife, you can guys find another country to live or something. We sent pictures together, the engagement ring receipt, boarding passes, etc. No lawyers, just us and our honesty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.