Jim N Augie

Scheduling interview online phillipines

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

trying to schedule appointment online for fiance and child but it skips from the step where you put in your mailing address and goes to step 8 but we need step 7 where you add dependents so we can include her son. What are we doing wrong? thanks for any help

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

In case this helps anyone else with kids, there seems to no longer be a "step 7". The fiance will register a new account or you can do for her. Follow the prompts you can't really make a mistake as the k1 option will only be found under the correct visa. After you set her appt you then have to register a new account in childs name ( you can still use your email and password but the REGISTRY name should be the childs) and go thru the procedure again. This is because the child is covered under the mothers k1 so it is the only option and you still file the child under k1. The end result is you will have an appt conf letter emailed to you for fiance and a second one emailed to you in the childs name. When you show up at st lukes or embassy each person has an appointment letter in their name showing passport number and visa was paid. Repeat for each child I guess. But anyway thats what we had to do. Jim.

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

In case this helps anyone else with kids, there seems to no longer be a "step 7". The fiance will register a new account or you can do for her. Follow the prompts you can't really make a mistake as the k1 option will only be found under the correct visa. After you set her appt you then have to register a new account in childs name ( you can still use your email and password but the REGISTRY name should be the childs) and go thru the procedure again. This is because the child is covered under the mothers k1 so it is the only option and you still file the child under k1. The end result is you will have an appt conf letter emailed to you for fiance and a second one emailed to you in the childs name. When you show up at st lukes or embassy each person has an appointment letter in their name showing passport number and visa was paid. Repeat for each child I guess. But anyway thats what we had to do. Jim.

Hi Jim,

Im trying to get my appointment online with this steps:

1. Visa Type - Non Immigrant

2. Post - Manila

3. Here I got confuse since the choices are belows:

Step 3: Please select a visa category that applies to you.

Business/Tourism ( Visitor Visas for Business and Pleasure )

Seafarers ( Crew )

Working in the USA ( Petition Based Temporary Workers )

All Other Nonimmigrant Visas ( Journalist , Exchange Visitor , Student , Crew )

Can you tell what u choose for this step 3.

AOS

July 30, 2012 - Sent AOS Package

Aug 03, 2012 - Received NOA ( AOS, EAD, AP)

Aug 08, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter Appointment

Aug 17, 2012 - Received RFE Letter

Aug 24, 2012 - Biometrics at USCIS Charlotte

Sep 05, 2012 - USCIS received response to RFE

Oct 06, 2012 - EAD Card Production

Oct 15, 2012 - EAD/AP combo card on hand

May 07, 2013 - AOS approved

May 16, 2013 - Permanent Resident Card received

Hi Jim,

pick immigrant instead

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Hi Jim,

2. Post - Manila

3. Here I got confuse since the choices are belows:

Step 3: Please select a visa category that applies to you.

Business/Tourism ( Visitor Visas for Business and Pleasure )

Seafarers ( Crew )

Working in the USA ( Petition Based Temporary Workers )

All Other Nonimmigrant Visas ( Journalist , Exchange Visitor , Student , Crew )

Can you tell what u choose for this step 3.

It is the craziest thing- n the world. The K-1 is a Non-immigrant Visa but you have to select Immigrant Visa on the Manila website. I did not understand that either, but it is what it is.

Timeline

Sorry retshe I didnt see see your post here but yeah its what scruffy said. Choose immigrant visa You will know your at the right one when you see k1 and k2 option

Edited by Jim N Augie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.