aniketveronica

125% ,medcaid ,child support

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

my fiance make about 24k where minimum income for us o get visa approved is 125 % of poverty guideline that is almost 28k for family of four( my fiance ,me , and 2kids ) ryt ?

we dont have anybody to sponsor us ryt now , what we can do in this situation every day without each other is pain .

(1) she is getting child support including child support she makes near 34k and also she has some debts and use medicaid for children she owns house can that considered as asset ?

(2) one boy is 9 and and other is 6 (both are sweet heart ) so can consulate consider child support ?

(3) i come to know she using medicaid for kids can be problem so what we can do about medicaid thing ?

(4) so if she makes income 125% of poverty guideline in coming financial year then medicaid still be problem and what should we do about it ? if she stops using medicaid this year is it ok to start procedure next year ?

my fiance make about 24k where minimum income for us o get visa approved is 125 % of poverty guideline that is almost 28k for family of four( my fiance ,me , and 2kids ) ryt ?

we dont have anybody to sponsor us ryt now , what we can do in this situation every day without each other is pain .

(1) she is getting child support including child support she makes near 34k and also she has some debts and use medicaid for children she owns house can that considered as asset ?

(2) one boy is 9 and and other is 6 (both are sweet heart ) so can consulate consider child support ?

(3) i come to know she using medicaid for kids can be problem so what we can do about medicaid thing ?

(4) so if she makes income 125% of poverty guideline in coming financial year then medicaid still be problem and what should we do about it ? if she stops using medicaid this year is it ok to start procedure next year ?

She can use the child support as part of her current income but she will have to show court documents where the support is ordered and also show those funds going into the bank account. Basically she has to PROVE she is actually receiving the funds.

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

If the children have a medical card, that is not an issue. In fact there is no way a consulate could even know that information.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You need bank records to show the income and the court order.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

child support should be just for children

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Are you saying that USCIS/DOS shouldn't allow child support to be counted as income?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

If the children have a medical card, that is not an issue. In fact there is no way a consulate could even know that information.

but we have to show that on form i-864 form that you will not need welfare and not using welfare and medicaid is welfare ryt or medicaid is not considered as welfare plz help us with this question

thank you for your replays and help friends u all are being kind and i think this website is good we are at right place :)

thank you for your replays and help friends u all are being kind and i think this website is good we are at right place

thank you for your replays and help friends u all are being kind and i think this website is good we are at right place :)

Timeline

please help us more with medicaid related information ,

1> can it effect our caseif yes then how much and how ?

2> what we should do to get rid of that ?

3> if we get new non government insurance for kids then how soon we can apply ?

also

is it necessary to make 125% in last 3 years ? or making it in recent year is fine ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Are you saying that USCIS/DOS shouldn't allow child support to be counted as income?

Actually,

I quite agree with Skiptex that child support payments should just be for that purpose: to support a child. I still don't understand how DOS counts child support as income when the IRS doesn't, and payments are not deductible for the obgligor.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

i totally agree that child support should be used for children there is no doubt in that

well my point is including children our family has 4 members and for 4 member we have certain income guideline (around 28k )ok now getting child support means we can complete their needs from that money and if we are falling lil short for 125% income guideline excluding child support , then we can use child support money just for kids ( for their needs) and from remaining money we can take care that immigrant ll not become public charge so i think child support is income (but should only use for children who are family members ) but what i want to know what immigration department think about that

and cutting long story short ==>

do consulate consider "actual income " + "child support " more than 125% or they just want "actual income " more than 125% ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Child dupport counts as income, document it with a court order and proof of payment. US citizens cannot be denied the benefit of medicaid in any case and this has no affect. The consulate is concerned that YOU do not become a public charge, they do not care about her children.

Child support IS income. Medicaid or welfare payments are NOT income.

It IS NOT A PROBLEM that her or the children are on medicaid. You came to know this from people that are wrong.

i totally agree that child support should be used for children there is no doubt in that

well my point is including children our family has 4 members and for 4 member we have certain income guideline (around 28k )ok now getting child support means we can complete their needs from that money and if we are falling lil short for 125% income guideline excluding child support , then we can use child support money just for kids ( for their needs) and from remaining money we can take care that immigrant ll not become public charge so i think child support is income (but should only use for children who are family members ) but what i want to know what immigration department think about that

and cutting long story short ==>

do consulate consider "actual income " + "child support " more than 125% or they just want "actual income " more than 125% ?

Child support counts. You need a court order and proof that it is being paid.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Actually,

I quite agree with Skiptex that child support payments should just be for that purpose: to support a child. I still don't understand how DOS counts child support as income when the IRS doesn't, and payments are not deductible for the obgligor.

Simple answers.

ALL income is child support. I do not receive "child support" yet a huge percentage of my income goes to that purpose. Child expenses are part of the costs USCIS is allowing for in the required income, child support pays for a portion of those costs.

IT IS INCOME and is counted as income in the calculation.

There is no tax on it to the recipient because the payee paid tax on it. So if I am working and having taxes deducted from my pay, should I also pay income tax again when I buy shoes for the children with some of the money I alrady paid tax on? Seriously?

The intent of child support is to assume the family is still "whole" and that would just be the portion of the person income (already taxed) that would be used for child expenses.

The money has already BEEN taxed when the recipient gets it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

please help us more with medicaid related information ,

1> can it effect our caseif yes then how much and how ?

2> what we should do to get rid of that ?

3> if we get new non government insurance for kids then how soon we can apply ?

also

is it necessary to make 125% in last 3 years ? or making it in recent year is fine ?

1. No

2. nothing

3. NA

No it is not necessary to make 125% for the last three years. They generally go by "current income" as of TODAY.

This is a consulate spcific thing though, check with others that use that consulate

Gary And Alla

Timeline

but we have to show that on form i-864 form that you will not need welfare and not using welfare and medicaid is welfare ryt or medicaid is not considered as welfare plz help us with this question

thank you for your replays and help friends u all are being kind and i think this website is good we are at right place

You have to show that YOU, the immigrant, will not need welfare. US Citizen children are ALWAYS allowed to receive medicaid. ALWAYS, FOREVER with no exceptions EVER.

It counts as income.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

She can use the child support as part of her current income but she will have to show court documents where the support is ordered and also show those funds going into the bank account. Basically she has to PROVE she is actually receiving the funds.

:thumbs:

One caveat on child support. There have been cases where the child recieving the support was due to have the support ended soon. Such as they are 3 months from bing 18 and the support ends at age 18. In this case the consulate COULD decide not to count the child support. There is no specific cutoff age for this, don't look for one. It is all a consulate decision anyway. If the children are fairly young it would not be a problem.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.