CaptainAskew

I-129F Wrong month!

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, as always I wasn't really sure where to post this so I made a new little thread with my question hoping someone can help me out.

My fiancee and I got everything ready for our application and sent it in about three-four weeks ago. It's been accepted by the USCIS and all is well so far, but today I was going through one of our attachment sheets (regarding question 18 on I-129F) and realized we wrote that we met in MAY instead of APRIL. I had a breakdown and felt like this is gonna mess it all up...

My fiancee called the USCIS customer service and explained the situation, they told us to send them a letter letting them know what needs to be changed. But here's my question and what I'm worrying about like hell:

How bad will this stupid stupid stupid typo mess up our application? I'm so scared that somehow they'll reject us just because of this... guess I don't have the most optimistic of views when it comes to things like this.

So incredibly thankful for anyone sharing their knowledge on the subject.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

I did the same thing but when my fiancé went to interview I had him bring a new revised one with a "note: change of date that we met" at the bottom and I signed and dated it. Se like the CO didn't even look at it and looked at other things then that. We are still waiting for a decision on our visa. In our situation our CO didn't make it a big deal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone, as always I wasn't really sure where to post this so I made a new little thread with my question hoping someone can help me out.

My fiancee and I got everything ready for our application and sent it in about three-four weeks ago. It's been accepted by the USCIS and all is well so far, but today I was going through one of our attachment sheets (regarding question 18 on I-129F) and realized we wrote that we met in MAY instead of APRIL. I had a breakdown and felt like this is gonna mess it all up...

My fiancee called the USCIS customer service and explained the situation, they told us to send them a letter letting them know what needs to be changed. But here's my question and what I'm worrying about like hell:

How bad will this stupid stupid stupid typo mess up our application? I'm so scared that somehow they'll reject us just because of this... guess I don't have the most optimistic of views when it comes to things like this.

So incredibly thankful for anyone sharing their knowledge on the subject.

stop calling. makes no difference. If it is ever asked about (I doubt it) just explain when asked.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Don't worry about that; is not a big mistake. When you are at the Interview stage you can always tell them that you found a mistake in the application which you will like to correct.

If the evidence that you sent corresponds to the month of April then do as they told you, send a letter explaining what has to be change.

Good luck :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.