pigbelk

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

18 posts in this topic

Hello friends, I am extremely confused right now and would appreciate any and all help I can recieve by all who have experienced removing conditions on a spouses residency. I married my wife in her homeland (The Philippines) back on September 30th 2007 and lived there with her 10 months out of the year till her Visa was approved and we returned here to the United States with our now 3 year old daughter on February 8th 2010. We have been married for 4 years now and my daughter was given U.S. Citizenship Birth Abroad by the U.S.Embassy in the Philippines at a cost. My real question is as follows, Seeing we have been married and continuously together since marriage, what are the requirements we need to meet for the I-751 petition? I read that if you are married longer than 2 years that you don't need to jump through hoops like a lot of you all have to, Is that true? Do I follow the instructions like everyone else? I thank anyone and everyone that can answer these questions for me. Also if we arrived in the United States on February 8th 2010 and her Permanent Resident Card expires on February 8th 2012, should all her paperwork be ready and mailed by November 8th 2011 which will be 90 days before her card expires?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The earliest that you can submit the I-751 is November 10, 2011. That is 90 days prior to Feb. 8. The instructions state 90 days, not 3 months. If it arrives before Nov. 10th the package will be returned to you.

Follow the form instructions and the VJ Guides.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The earliest that you can submit the I-751 is November 10, 2011. That is 90 days prior to Feb. 8. The instructions state 90 days, not 3 months. If it arrives before Nov. 10th the package will be returned to you.

Follow the form instructions and the VJ Guides.

I thank you very much for the correction of mailing in the I-751 Petition. I got the form instructions but may i be so green as to ask what are the VJ Guides? Vermont Junction? If so, where would i find thoseand what are they for? Thank you for helping me.

Edited by pigbelk

Hello friends, I am extremely confused right now and would appreciate any and all help I can recieve by all who have experienced removing conditions on a spouses residency. I married my wife in her homeland (The Philippines) back on September 30th 2007 and lived there with her 10 months out of the year till her Visa was approved and we returned here to the United States with our now 3 year old daughter on February 8th 2010. We have been married for 4 years now and my daughter was given U.S. Citizenship Birth Abroad by the U.S.Embassy in the Philippines at a cost. My real question is as follows, Seeing we have been married and continuously together since marriage, what are the requirements we need to meet for the I-751 petition? I read that if you are married longer than 2 years that you don't need to jump through hoops like a lot of you all have to, Is that true? Do I follow the instructions like everyone else? I thank anyone and everyone that can answer these questions for me. Also if we arrived in the United States on February 8th 2010 and her Permanent Resident Card expires on February 8th 2012, should all her paperwork be ready and mailed by November 8th 2011 which will be 90 days before her card expires?

If you got married in the Philippines and upon entering US, you and your wife has been married for 2 or more than years.. then she is eligible for 10 yrs GC automatically. But because your wife entered US below 2 yrs of marriage, then you still need to Remove condition. These two are commonly misunderstood, that you might have too. Good luck!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

VJ = Visa Journey

Look at the top of this page ^^ and see Guides. Your info will be in there :)

Thank You. I got it now. Guess i got to learn the Visa Lingo lol.

You continue to jump through hoops like all the others.

Not a problem. I guess it's better than running into a brick wall.

If you got married in the Philippines and upon entering US, you and your wife has been married for 2 or more than years.. then she is eligible for 10 yrs GC automatically. But because your wife entered US below 2 yrs of marriage, then you still need to Remove condition. These two are commonly misunderstood, that you might have too. Good luck!

Actually in all reality we were married in the Philippines longer than 2 years before she entered the United States seeing that we were married on September 30th 2007 and entered The United States on February 8th 2010. This is my reason for my questioning and also my confusion. Is there a number i can call to find out and if so would i still be responsible to pay the fee involved? Just asking ...

Edited by pigbelk

I was wondering why you had a 2 year green card. Just watch out for the Legal Sharks if you go that route. hopefully someone may offer some good advice and a way ahead for you. Good Luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Actually in all reality we were married in the Philippines longer than 2 years before she entered the United States seeing that we were married on September 30th 2007 and entered The United States on February 8th 2010. This is my reason for my questioning and also my confusion. Is there a number i can call to find out and if so would i still be responsible to pay the fee involved? Just asking ...

Look at the green card. What are the issue and expiration dates?

If it is a 2 year duration then it is a conditional card and you would need to file to remove conditions. If it is a 10 year duration then removal of conditions is not required. Your spouse would be eligible to file for Naturalization 90 days prior to the 3 year anniversary of becoming an LPR/Green Card holder.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Look at the green card. What are the issue and expiration dates?

If it is a 2 year duration then it is a conditional card and you would need to file to remove conditions. If it is a 10 year duration then removal of conditions is not required. Your spouse would be eligible to file for Naturalization 90 days prior to the 3 year anniversary of becoming an LPR/Green Card holder.

Yes it is a 2 year Permanent Residence Card that was issued on the date of arrival which was 2/8/2010 and expires 2/8/2012. but the question is why would that be if we were married on 9/30/2007 in the Philippines which was more than 2 years before entry into the United States? After all it is what it is and as long as she is approved and recieves the 10 year card, my mind will be at ease.

Yes it is a 2 year Permanent Residence Card that was issued on the date of arrival which was 2/8/2010 and expires 2/8/2012. but the question is why would that be if we were married on 9/30/2007 in the Philippines which was more than 2 years before entry into the United States? After all it is what it is and as long as she is approved and recieves the 10 year card, my mind will be at ease.

What Visa did you wife used to enter US?

This might answer the question why you had a Temp 2yr Green Card.

Edited by Oksana & Max
event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since it is a two year card and it expires on 2/8/2012, then you will need to file for the Removal of Conditions and you should send it in on 11/10/2011.

My advise to you is do not let your wife's card expire without having sent in your documentation.

If you would like, make an appointment through Infopass to see someone at your local office.

Good Luck!

I-485 (Adjustment of Status)

09-03-05: Package mailed to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131)

09-05-05: (Day 000) Package received in Chicago

09-09-05: (Day 004) NOA1

10-22-05: (Day 047) AOS/EAD Biometrics Done

11-15-05: (Day 073) EAD Arrived

11-17-05: (Day 075) AP Arrived

12-07-05: (Day 094) AOS Interview Letter Arrives

01-25-06: (Day 143) AOS Approved!!!

02-02-06: (Day 151) Welcome to America Letter Arrives

02-06-06: (Day 155) Green Card Arrived!!!

I-751 (Removal of conditions)

10-29-07: Package Sent

10-31-07: (Day 000) Package Received at VSC

11-02-07: (Day 002) NOA1

12-20-07: (Day 050) Biometrics

09-03-08: (Day 308) Touched

09-09-08: (Day 314) I-751 Approved!!!

N-400 (Naturalization)

10-20-11: Package Sent

10-21-11: (Day 000) Package received in Phoenix

10-26-11: (Day 005) Check Cashed

10-28-11: (Day 007) NOA1

11-05-11: (Day 015) Biometrics Letter Arrives - Appointment on 11/15/11

11-10-11: (Day 020) Biometrics Completed

01-23-12: (Day 094) Interview Date

03-19-12: (Day 150) Oath Scheduled Notice

03-30-12: (Day 161) Oath Ceremony

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif - Terry 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif - Blanca

What Visa did you wife used to enter US?

This might answer the question why you had a Temp 2yr Green Card.

Good point. I think I recall it being called a K-1 Visa, Maybe? I have to check. Thank You

Since it is a two year card and it expires on 2/8/2012, then you will need to file for the Removal of Conditions and you should send it in on 11/10/2011.

My advise to you is do not let your wife's card expire without having sent in your documentation.

If you would like, make an appointment through Infopass to see someone at your local office.

Good Luck!

Thank You and yes I am putting the Petition package together slowly but surely each day a little at a time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good point. I think I recall it being called a K-1 Visa, Maybe? I have to check. Thank You

K-1 visas are not issued green card with a start date of the US entry date. Its dated from when the adjustment of status was approved.

If she entered and got a green card in the mail without doing anything and the date is her entry date then she would have had to enter on a spousal visa. CR-1 for 2 year card and IR-1 for 10 year card.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.