ridgid

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

37 posts in this topic

i wont go into details but i would like to ask if i am liable to by my fiancee/wife a ticket back to her country if the marriage is not working and we want divorce? please help me understand sources needed as well. thank you.

I believe that once you are married and the AOS has been completed and she has her green card and then you decide that you don't want to be married any longer, she will be able to stay in the USA as long permanently as long as she can prove that she married you in good faith.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me give you some good advice. Take the high road even if others are not. Unless she has the money, don't leave here here in a foriegn country where you brought her to. Regardless of the legal implications, it is your responsiblity to get her back since you brought her here. If she doesn't have the money and you don't either, take out a loan and get her back to her country. That's what I would do. Then you could move on with your life.

Always be a bigger man :thumbs: than others who make you want to fight :bonk: . Good luck to you and I am sorry truly sorry for your troubles.

I bet you will make a much better choice next time. This is called experience and you will never forget the clues that you missed looking back. :whistle: I too have experience which I think allowed me to choose a much more sincere mate this time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't know the situation, but he is not obligated. How do you know she does not have money saved. What if he paid for everything k1 processing fee, visa fee doctor, ticket to us and misc. Expenses. Why cannot she pay for something? This should not be a one-sided thing. My wife and I both paid equally amounts. By the way it was her idea. She told me that it is important to her , that she feels like a person of substance, then a trophy wife.

She can have the money saved, but if I am USC and I have signed I864 and buying a flight ticket which is another $700-$1300 and I would not have to deal with her ever becoming a public charge nor having to deal with govt on public charge issue.

I would happily spend additional money and get her back home.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

When she arrives home and steps off that plane and has nothing - no job, nothing but what she has in her suitcase - and looks back at the wasted year she just spent, I doubt she will feel like she pulled something over on him or that everything was one-sided. I am happy for you that you and your wife had resources to pool together but not all situations are the same as yours.

He has no obligation.. But there are two basic scenarios here that should lead to the same action: If she has turned out to be in this for the wrong reason or has just turned evil he should get her on a plane ASAP before she causes more trouble so he can sleep at night.. If this is a case where it just isn't working then he should do what he can to help her return to the life she had and recognize the sacrifices made in the attempt to be together. If she had the money laying around to do so herself it wouldn't be an issue. Right or wrong he made a commitment and should follow through. Do the right thing and sleep well at night.

Why did she wast a year, how do you know he did not. They both made a commitment, an they need to find a way to both reconcile. She can take out a loan , from family and friends to get her back. She can find another sap, she can earn the money, like many other here illegally, if she wants o go back. May she can sell her wedding ring or any other items she possess. Or lastly have her dad help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why did she wast a year, how do you know he did not. They both made a commitment, an they need to find a way to both reconcile. She can take out a loan , from family and friends to get her back. She can find another sap, she can earn the money, like many other here illegally, if she wants o go back. May she can sell her wedding ring or any other items she possess. Or lastly have her dad help.

I am not making judgments on either one of them. The only information I have is that the OP (A male, USC) is in a failing marriage and wants to know if he has to pay to send his wife (female, Philippines) home. The question has been answered: He does not.

The rest of the facts are for the most part not relevant. Moral arguments aside.. If she wants to leave and does not have access to funds to make it happen it is in his long term best interest to help... Toss her to the wind at your own peril.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

all in all Buy her a ticket back home.

My wife and I had serious problems after she got here.

I almost paid for plane ticket to send her back 3-4 times.

if you both need someone to talk to feel free to contact me.

My wife is now on track & doing 1000 times better and have yet to argue again.

this is a way different pace & many think we are rich.

and don't understand finances.

this is a huge change for them.

some think they can spend our money and send home to there family. Luckily mine knows better.

I send money to her parents without her knowing Then text her parents to go pick it up. or check bank account balance.

300 every 3months or so. more then enough. But most of it they use to send us stuff we want/need.

also I am helping her brother get passport etc to get a job out of country. So he could also help earn money & support the family.

Father & sister works & mother does small things to earn money like sell rice etc. which is business I helped start.

But hit me up if ya need to rant or need some advice etc.

Edited by dessndave

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.