ridgid

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:ot: don't understand divorce :wacko: 2 people made a commitment and made a vow to stay together through good and bad... life is not always easy. marriage is like a teamwork. :yes:

:ot2: it'll be nice if u will buy her a ticket since u r the one who brought her there :bonk::(

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Divorce, Commitments, promises, all that asside, I just cant fathom anyone not willing to help someone back home.. Hate to think so harshly about anyone, but man, on the surface, it just seems that this is the least you can do...

It's a good way from having to worry about the 864 responsibilty as well..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Don't know the situation, but he is not obligated. How do you know she does not have money saved. What if he paid for everything k1 processing fee, visa fee doctor, ticket to us and misc. Expenses. Why cannot she pay for something? This should not be a one-sided thing. My wife and I both paid equally amounts. By the way it was her idea. She told me that it is important to her , that she feels like a person of substance, then a trophy wife.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does she want to go back home?

If the AOS is not sent- no need to worry about the 864.

If the AOS is sent, but not finished (no green card) - contact USCIS to pull the 864.

You should buy the ticket - since you brought her here - finish the journey.

I agree with this but have a question? It appears to me they are Married and all the gab is about sending her back without a Legal Disulution of the Marridge. Would not less than One Year Qualify for an Annulment since they were married in the US? Humme'.

The Petitioner and Beneficiary should agree the Marridge is not going to work and should work together in US Law to terminate the Marridge and under US Law is an Annulment.

Yes, he should send her back and cooperate fully with her while she in the States and sign appropriate papers to Anul the Marridge. In return, stay peaceful and send her back paid for. Mistakes are made and misjudgements but somethings are unavoidable. Such as this.

No matter what the reason for the sad ending if it can't be saved there are legal documents to be signed by both parties if it over. Better to do this in the States with both parties present.

IF YOU SIGNED THE AOS ALREADY, YOU BEEN HAD!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

I agree with this but have a question? It appears to me they are Married and all the gab is about sending her back without a Legal Disulution of the Marridge. Would not less than One Year Qualify for an Annulment since they were married in the US? Humme'.

The Petitioner and Beneficiary should agree the Marridge is not going to work and should work together in US Law to terminate the Marridge and under US Law is an Annulment.

Yes, he should send her back and cooperate fully with her while she in the States and sign appropriate papers to Anul the Marridge. In return, stay peaceful and send her back paid for. Mistakes are made and misjudgements but somethings are unavoidable. Such as this.

No matter what the reason for the sad ending if it can't be saved there are legal documents to be signed by both parties if it over. Better to do this in the States with both parties present.

IF YOU SIGNED THE AOS ALREADY, YOU BEEN HAD!

Strike my last Sentence. It is not accurate. The OP will just have to read other Members Comments and/or hire an Attorney. You Know: Sometimes people get stressed and post a problem but I have seen so many times they just wanted to VENT and then they seem fine later. Its normal to do. I wish the best for these two and hope this is the Case here.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

The question is should he pay. Is it really his responsibility to pay. What if he tried to save it and she did not.

I Refuse to put down people I don't even know. We know nothing about them as I know nothing about you. Were just here to help eachother. (Though we get out of hand sometimes with our feelings) I do too....

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP,

Read my first post maybe that will encourage you to rethink it. We had issues the first month. Now we are glued together like crazy glue.

Just joke & laugh, joke & laugh with her ..bond bond joke joke..bond bond with (family and friends) and that will be like magic to your relationship. It is happening to us now.

Sing with her, dance with her, be her clown, be her mentor, make fun of her facebook, cook for her, make fun of the way she cooks even if she is an excellent chef, and you know the rest.

Read my first post and you will understand.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Be a good guy, file for divorce and send her back home with good wishes. Remember why you started this, she left everything to come to the US, make the return as easy as possible.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

i wont go into details but i would like to ask if i am liable to by my fiancee/wife a ticket back to her country if the marriage is not working and we want divorce? please help me understand sources needed as well. thank you.

If she wants to go, I think the right thing is to help her get back no matter what she's done.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

if you are going to get a Divorce.

i am sure HER LAWYER will bring that up.. so that maybe part of the conditions to end your marriage..

so you should worry about how the DIVORCE is going to play out.. :hehe:

i have NEVER understood how people send money like this?! :blink:

good.gif hey when people need love they do anything... desperate if u ask me.. and a foolish thing to do..

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot: don't understand divorce :wacko: 2 people made a commitment and made a vow to stay together through good and bad... life is not always easy. marriage is like a teamwork. :yes:

:ot2: it'll be nice if u will buy her a ticket since u r the one who brought her there :bonk::(

Divorce is necessary at times...

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't know the situation, but he is not obligated. How do you know she does not have money saved. What if he paid for everything k1 processing fee, visa fee doctor, ticket to us and misc. Expenses. Why cannot she pay for something? This should not be a one-sided thing. My wife and I both paid equally amounts. By the way it was her idea. She told me that it is important to her , that she feels like a person of substance, then a trophy wife.

When she arrives home and steps off that plane and has nothing - no job, nothing but what she has in her suitcase - and looks back at the wasted year she just spent, I doubt she will feel like she pulled something over on him or that everything was one-sided. I am happy for you that you and your wife had resources to pool together but not all situations are the same as yours.

He has no obligation.. But there are two basic scenarios here that should lead to the same action: If she has turned out to be in this for the wrong reason or has just turned evil he should get her on a plane ASAP before she causes more trouble so he can sleep at night.. If this is a case where it just isn't working then he should do what he can to help her return to the life she had and recognize the sacrifices made in the attempt to be together. If she had the money laying around to do so herself it wouldn't be an issue. Right or wrong he made a commitment and should follow through. Do the right thing and sleep well at night.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Buying a ticket does not mean buy one for tomorrow and pay big $$$$. Look 3 to 6 weeks out is where I saw good deals.

Take out a credit card with American Airlines, You can get 25,000 free miles in a few months. You should be able to get a 1 way for about $200 additional out of pocket.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.