corazónENparaguay

Our AOS interview lasted...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

A whole 5 minutes. I think it took longer to get through security than it did for the interview.

Last night my wife and I were going through some sample questions we found here on VJ, and although my wife's English is pretty good, she thought she would be more comfortable with a translator. So we called our brother-in-law (non-US citizen) to join us during the interview.

They swore in our brother-in-law first, then my wife and I together. The interviewer told us our case was pretty simple and proceeded to ask for our wedding certificate, her birth certificate, and both our IDs. He went over some of the details in our documents, and just made sure all our documents were accounted for. He then asked, in summary, if my wife committed any crimes, lied to the US government, threatened anybody, yadda yadda yadda. After that, he said those were all the questions he had. He took my wife's I-94 from her passport, stapled it to our folder, and told us any additional correspondence will be through mail...in case he missed something.

He then handed us a letter stating as much, and that he only had one thing to do before having her green card produced - check her criminal record. If that's clean he would approve her document by the end of the week, and she would have her card in 3-6 weeks, he said.

He did not take her EAD, which we received just last Friday. He never asked for it either. So, we're both pretty happy how smooth the interview went, and I'm hoping the same for all of you. Good luck!

Paraguay2010076-1.jpg

A whole 5 minutes. I think it took longer to get through security than it did for the interview.

Last night my wife and I were going through some sample questions we found here on VJ, and although my wife's English is pretty good, she thought she would be more comfortable with a translator. So we called our brother-in-law (non-US citizen) to join us during the interview.

They swore in our brother-in-law first, then my wife and I together. The interviewer told us our case was pretty simple and proceeded to ask for our wedding certificate, her birth certificate, and both our IDs. He went over some of the details in our documents, and just made sure all our documents were accounted for. He then asked, in summary, if my wife committed any crimes, lied to the US government, threatened anybody, yadda yadda yadda. After that, he said those were all the questions he had. He took my wife's I-94 from her passport, stapled it to our folder, and told us any additional correspondence will be through mail...in case he missed something.

He then handed us a letter stating as much, and that he only had one thing to do before having her green card produced - check her criminal record. If that's clean he would approve her document by the end of the week, and she would have her card in 3-6 weeks, he said.

He did not take her EAD, which we received just last Friday. He never asked for it either. So, we're both pretty happy how smooth the interview went, and I'm hoping the same for all of you. Good luck!

Congrats .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Congratulations i hope mine is a bit longer though make the 3 hr drive worth it! well i mean it worth it but is a pain to drive 3 hours each way for a 5 minute interview

Edited by Chris921

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! I hope mine will be as smooth as you guys had :dance:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS to AOS Progress Reports as this is an update *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats.

I got to drive 7+hrs to the interview next month.

hopes ours is as fast as yours.

745am hope to be out of there by 10am. so we dont need to stay at hotel again.

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

congrats! thats how our interview went as well very fast.

Driving 7 hours for your interview wacko.gif hope it does go fast for you! We are lucky and live in the same city as the office...literally a 8 minute drive for us...hope everything goes well in your upcoming interview!

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.