Hiker

Over 6 months for NOA2 - how to expedite?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble searching for the answer. My NOA1 was received by VSC on April 12. I got an RFE after 5 months, and it has been 6 weeks since they received my response to it. Still no NOA2. I'm very unhappy about this.

How do I ask this to be sped up, or do I have to wait for 60 days for RFE response to be processed?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble searching for the answer. My NOA1 was received by VSC on April 12. I got an RFE after 5 months, and it has been 6 weeks since they received my response to it. Still no NOA2. I'm very unhappy about this.

How do I ask this to be sped up, or do I have to wait for 60 days for RFE response to be processed?

There really isnt anything you can do. RFEs can add any amount of time to the case. I have seen it take two weeks but in my own case it took two months. Yours must be close to being finished by now.

call ur senator to contact them.. just give it a try it might work... ;)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Is there any chance calling senator would make things worse? I have two senators (well duh)... how do I know which one may work better?

:Pwell some of my friends from Oct. 2010 thread did that during our time and it worked for them... there's no harm if u can give it a try... good luck!!! ;)^_^

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

Is there any chance calling senator would make things worse? I have two senators (well duh)... how do I know which one may work better?

This always sounds good but will result in nothing. Give it a try so you will know for sure. You cant just call them. Go to the web site of one of yours. Doesnt make any difference which. They all have a staff member trained to placate you. Fill out the form & send it in. Then wait until they contact you some weeks later. When they do ask them what the last action the Senator took on immigration reform. Ask if its true that the immigration laws havent been changed in over 60 years. Ask why. The staff will call USCIS & then tell you the case is under review. Thats all they can do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Sorry you are having a delay in your petition, but I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the nature of your RFE. If your RFE was for something simple, like forgetting to sign a form or include a birth certificate then typicaly you'll receive your NOA-2 witin 2-4 weeks of USCIS receiving what they asked for.

HOWEVER - if your RFE was for criminal records they wanted or if you had AWA ramifications in your care (not asying you do - just saying IF you did), then the process can go on for months and no congressman can do anything to intervien on your behalf.

That brings me to my next part. If your RFE was for a simple item and you feel that you'dlike to get your elected officiak involved, then your CONGRESSMAN is who you'd use (nit a Senator). Congres holds the purse strings to the USCIS, not the Senate and an inquiry from a Congressman brings a REQUIRED response from the USCIS.

Good luck for a speedy NOA-2.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You have to wait.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Im in similar situation. VSC received my RFE 5 weeks ago and still no approval. I called uscis only to be told that I need to call back in 3 more weeks. I was told they can not do anything untill 60 days were up and only then can put in service request. Also RFE can delay and make the process longer and it does not matter when the petition was originally filed. Once RFE is received they go based on RFE time, which can be 14 to 60 days. You got 2 more weeks to go b4 u can put service request. Hope u dont have to wait that long and get approve soon. Good luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What was the nature of RFE?

Must be something USCIS has to investigate quite throughly if taking long. Just call them and ask for an update.

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we got the same problem.. we got our RFE after 5 months... (another petitioner's biographic data and evidence of ongoing relationship) we just sent back ours Oct. 7... fiance just called USCIS just to check if the receive our reply... and they said they already have it and that it is still pending... and our approval depends on the case handler... i just hope our case handler will be kind enough to approve ours as soon as possible...

What was the nature of RFE?

Must be something USCIS has to investigate quite throughly if taking long. Just call them and ask for an update.

No it was really quite simple. In the I-129F I sent a copy of the divorce decree. The RFE requested the divorce decree (without any clarification about what was wrong with the one I already sent them). Idiots! So, I sent them all the court documents, certified, not just the divorce decree, this time. These morons really piss me off... if they have any question about whether a divorce decree is valid, all they have to do is call the court house in Cambridge and ask for clarification... I called them and talked to them in person too, and they are responsive and helpful. They answer the phone in under 4 rings, really easy to do.

No, there are no criminal records. Both me and the fiancee lead really boring lives... my fiancee has always lived at the same address since birth, and only had the same job. And, I've been at the same job and place for 11 years. Nothing exciting to say about either of us that gov't would care about, other than my previous divorce from a K1 beneficiary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No it was really quite simple. In the I-129F I sent a copy of the divorce decree. The RFE requested the divorce decree (without any clarification about what was wrong with the one I already sent them). Idiots! So, I sent them all the court documents, certified, not just the divorce decree, this time. These morons really piss me off... if they have any question about whether a divorce decree is valid, all they have to do is call the court house in Cambridge and ask for clarification... I called them and talked to them in person too, and they are responsive and helpful. They answer the phone in under 4 rings, really easy to do.

No, there are no criminal records. Both me and the fiancee lead really boring lives... my fiancee has always lived at the same address since birth, and only had the same job. And, I've been at the same job and place for 11 years. Nothing exciting to say about either of us that gov't would care about, other than my previous divorce from a K1 beneficiary.

Possibly the fact your divorce was with a 'K1' beneficiary, would raise concern, and thus, require further followup. Never know, some cases take longer than others. I am sure w/ the correct paper work u provided, it should be a matter of time.. Good luck

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Possibly the fact your divorce was with a 'K1' beneficiary, would raise concern, and thus, require further followup. Never know, some cases take longer than others. I am sure w/ the correct paper work u provided, it should be a matter of time.. Good luck

Maybe, but anyone taking one look at me (I look like Carrot Top) or my computer records would know the absurdity of suspecting me of building some kind of harem full of Filipina sex slaves or something. The first visa was over 10 years ago, so if I'm really filling a house full of concubines, it isn't going too well at this rate of getting them over here.

Timeline

They arent morons. They are required to follow the proceedure & so are you. The need the correct documents to place in your file. That file will be maintained & used as psrt of your AOS later. Its not their responcibilty to submit the documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.