rgiali

Help please

10 posts in this topic

Hello every one..

I'm getting confused about the process of my spouse K3 visa, i have submitted I-130 as instructed by visajourney 2 mths ago CSC and they sent to me the i-797C,

what to do next and can i send I-129 now ?

Hi, I am a wife of a US citizen but we did the CR1. You said you submitted the I-130 and you received the i-797C. It means that the USCIS received your application (petition packet) and its under process. As what I observed this year CR1 works well and you don't need to submit the I-129 form. You will received another Notice of Action from USCIS 3 to 5 moths after the day you received that i-797C (NOA1).

God bless....

Maybe more advice from other VJ'ers.....

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My advice? Dont' file the I129F. Simply stick on the path you are on, which is for the Cr-1 visa. It is cheaper and the superior visa

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Follow the guides

It took us 10 months from start until finish

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Timeline

What puzzles me is why they even have the K-3 anymore? The lawyer I consulted recommended told me to file the I-129F but now I realize he was wrong and, as a previous poster said, the CR1 is better and less paperwork and cheaper. So the lawyer was an idiot. But I hope that my K-3 gets closed and they proceed with the I-130 CR1. But it just shows you the inertia of the government that they even have the I-129F for the K-3, which is a duplicate of the paperwork for the I-130, a complete duplicate, anyway. Ridiculous!

When you consulted the lawyer? if that last year, she/he is right... Previous years, K3 is faster than CR1. But I read on their website that they make changes with CR1 process and it started this year. I-130 approval on previous years takes how many months before it will approve. But this year we noticed it only takes 3 to 5 months,except on complex cases. So, stick with CR1 and you will be fine. They have the K3 before because I-129f is faster to be approve(That was on previous years not now). But now, I-130 and I-129f having almost the same period of time of approval, so K3 is useless.

You ask how many months after I-130 your wife will get a visa? If your documents are ready and complete (affidavit of support, civil documents,etc ) its about 7 to 10 months. In our case, supposedly its only 7 months but we lack one more document to be submitted at the NVC, so I don't an interview schedule yet.

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

When you consulted the lawyer? if that last year, she/he is right... Previous years, K3 is faster than CR1. But I read on their website that they make changes with CR1 process and it started this year. I-130 approval on previous years takes how many months before it will approve. But this year we noticed it only takes 3 to 5 months,except on complex cases. So, stick with CR1 and you will be fine. They have the K3 before because I-129f is faster to be approve(That was on previous years not now). But now, I-130 and I-129f having almost the same period of time of approval, so K3 is useless.

You ask how many months after I-130 your wife will get a visa? If your documents are ready and complete (affidavit of support, civil documents,etc ) its about 7 to 10 months. In our case, supposedly its only 7 months but we lack one more document to be submitted at the NVC, so I don't an interview schedule yet.

Your dates are wrong. The last major change in K3 related procedures was 2/1/2010 but K3 hasn't saved more than, at best a few weeks, since November 2006.

There are recent indicators that USCIS has taken measures to counter the 2/1/2010 NVC policy change but the time savings is long gone. Unless there are special circumstances like no intention of immediate immigration and a need to come and go freely from the USA for a while, the K3 is obsolete. For those special circumstances though, it can be a really nice tool.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello every one..

I'm getting confused about the process of my spouse K3 visa, i have submitted I-130 as instructed by visajourney 2 mths ago CSC and they sent to me the i-797C,

what to do next and can i send I-129 now ?

If you are already married why would you file an I-129f (fiance visa)?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you are already married why would you file an I-129f (fiance visa)?

Read the I-129F instructions to see how it is used for a spouse, in connection with a K3 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.