b1b2help

Need help with sister's admission at port of entry.Holding B1/B2 Visa, F1 rejected.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the response. One more question, will her time of arrival make any difference? Coming in Nov will make her entry worse because she is coming before the start of Spring semester and may start studying vs if she comes in January when semester is already started and she has no chance of joining classes.

No the timing does not matter much.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Op, the CBP is not interested in why a B1/B2 holder wants to enter the USA, they are looking for ties as to why the B1/B2 wants to return home and not overstay or AOS. As the others have said, a denied F1, single female, young with family ties in the USA...doesn't look good. How long ago was the denial of the F1? A recent denial of the F1 followed closely by an attempt to enter with a B1/B2, there will be scrunity. Good luck to your sister.

Can you please give me some examples for the things that can be used to show ties back home in this case? Also, does it matter what time of the year she is coming? She may appear to be a likely student if she is coming in Nov just before spring semester starts, or this does not make any difference. Your thoughts and suggestions have been really helpful. Please advise. Much appericiated!!

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The obvious ones are career job, maybe property but not convinced about that, family ties - spouse children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Op, the CBP is not interested in why a B1/B2 holder wants to enter the USA, they are looking for ties as to why the B1/B2 wants to return home and not overstay or AOS. As the others have said, a denied F1, single female, young with family ties in the USA...doesn't look good. How long ago was the denial of the F1? A recent denial of the F1 followed closely by an attempt to enter with a B1/B2, there will be scrunity. Good luck to your sister.

Again I have a question, what could be the appropriate things to show tie back home for port of entry admission. Can you give some examples? Thanks!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry for the delay. Just as mentioned by someone else; career, property, family, sizeable assests. The problem might be convincing the officer of any of this when he is looking at a denied student visa just a short time ago in the system, and now the lovely young lady is standing before him seeking entry.

Understand we are not saying your sister will for sure not gain entry, but with a student visa denial not long ago will garner more scrunity.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Can you please give me some examples for the things that can be used to show ties back home in this case? Also, does it matter what time of the year she is coming? She may appear to be a likely student if she is coming in Nov just before spring semester starts, or this does not make any difference. Your thoughts and suggestions have been really helpful. Please advise. Much appericiated!!

Thanks!

Your sister might get a whole range of questions about her seeking entry 4 months later. Remember how the CO at the embassy questioned the need for studying for another masters and made comments about the quality of the school? Remember this, when there is a denial, there are notes that accompany the file as to the reasons why. Minus the strong ties to India, it really is a shot in the dark as to if she will or will not gain entry.

Has she traveled to the US before on the B1?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS POST!

Your sister might get a whole range of questions about her seeking entry 4 months later. The good thing is she traveled here before on the B1 with no issues, that is a plus. The denied student visa had nothing to do with the B1, two separate things, the CO was not convinced of her studying here. The CBP officer will see that she did enter and exit using the B1 a couple of years ago, and maybe that will be enough after they are convinced she is not trying to enter for the sake of being a student. With that said, if I was her, I would have a copy of the confirmation of the cancellation to the university ready to present and/or offer as proof if needed.

But really, I think she will be okay after explaining she has no plans to study, but will merely wishing spend time with family. Tell her to say, "officer I love America and I love being able to visit here, therefore I wouldl not forfeit the opportunity to travel to America by violating the immigrations laws. Then give a big smile after saying that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Again I have a question, what could be the appropriate things to show tie back home for port of entry admission. Can you give some examples? Thanks!!

The obvious ones are career job, maybe property but not convinced about that, family ties - spouse children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.