NancyNguyen

Please help with I-864. I greatly appreciate it.

6 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I have a question concerned about the I-864 form. I am filing I-130 for my spouse, he is a F1 OPT student, we now live in Phoenix AZ. I am currently a college student as well. I don't have any income except student loan, and financial aid so my blood father will sign the I-864 form for him. My spouse and I don't live with my parents. I got a few questions to ask for advise:

1. In part one of the form, what box should my father check? (A or D) I am so confused when reading other cases about this part.

2. Do I need to sign another I-864 under my name? In this case, I don't have any income to qualify for this.

I greatly appreciate any advice from you all. I wish you all nothing but the best in life.

Nancy Nguyen

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear all,

I have a question concerned about the I-864 form. I am filing I-130 for my spouse, he is a F1 OPT student, we now live in Phoenix AZ. I am currently a college student as well. I don't have any income except student loan, and financial aid so my blood father will sign the I-864 form for him. My spouse and I don't live with my parents. I got a few questions to ask for advise:

1. In part one of the form, what box should my father check? (A or D) I am so confused when reading other cases about this part.

2. Do I need to sign another I-864 under my name? In this case, I don't have any income to qualify for this.

I greatly appreciate any advice from you all. I wish you all nothing but the best in life.

Nancy Nguyen

You complete an I-864 regardless of income.

Your dad will complete an I-864 as well and submit all needed documentation. Box D would be correct if only his income is required to meet the sponsorship income level.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You complete one for you and check the case A.

Your Dad is the joint-sponsor. He complete an other one and check the case D.

Box D would be correct if only his income is required to meet the sponsorship income level.

The case D is for the joint sponsor, his income need to be superior of the sponsorship income level for his household + the immigrant.

The income are use to meet the sponsorship income level only when it's someone of the same household than the sponsor, and in this case this person complete the I-864A.

Thank Anh Map and Florian so much for your speed assistance,

- So on my I-864 I will state that I am unemployed and my annual income will be zero (I don't count my student loan or financial aid, do I?)

- One my assets part, I have saving account with my spouse, can I list it out?

- My dad and my mom file annual income tax together but my mom is housewife, so does she need to file I-864A?

I am thankful to you all for being more than helpful in my questions.

Nancy

N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

- So on my I-864 I will state that I am unemployed and my annual income will be zero (I don't count my student loan or financial aid, do I?)

Yes, and in the cover letter say that you are a student.

- One my assets part, I have saving account with my spouse, can I list it out?

It's can be better, even when you don't arrive to the limit.

- My dad and my mom file annual income tax together but my mom is housewife, so does she need to file I-864A?

She doesn't need... it will be only if she help him to be on the sponsorship income level, he do it alone.

Ciao

Florian

Florian,

I don't know what to say except many thanks. You really clarify my situation and I know which way I would go. I wish you best of luck in your life. Thank you.

Nancy

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.