Mohsin786

Do I need a intent letter for k-1 interview ?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO ? Humme'... A k-1 interveiw packet ?

Proof of a ongoing relationship is required and not talking for 3 months and not showing proof is a red flag to the consulate.

The interview will focus majorly on the Petitioners ability to support and intentions for his future spouse to obtain her Visa. So It is suggested that the Petitioner supply a NEW Letter of Intent for her Interview.

There is no such thing as a K-1 Interview Packet. Those Mole Hills were already jumped.

The NEW Letter of Intent pays a positive effect to the Consulate along with supportive documents of a on going relationship.

The question was, where in this thread did anyone say anything about "not talking for 3 months." You avoided answering that.Calling people names is a violation of the VJ TOS. And please avoid assigning "attitude" to people who are accustomed to reading accurately and responding accordingly.

Your first question: Never was mentioned in the post from the OP but assume there was no communication for a period of time and the beneficiary shows for an interveiw for a Visa. (There could be a good cause for this and just a posibility) A supportive Document such as a New Letter of Intent would help suffice the Consulate.

#2 Question. Stop crying.. No one downed you. You always throw sticks and stones at me but it does not help the OP when you fight with me. I violated no TOS. Honesty is the best policy and I think as a benefit to the OP your advice is wrong. Thats not a violation. Thats my thought as a Member here. Sit back in your chair and think back when you just started this process and put yourself in a New-Bee's shoes. I'm a New-Bee myself. We don't need attitudes, we need sound advice.

:thumbs:

Ahhh...the battling blue boxes again. Dictionary.com explains "4.any conflict or struggle: a battle for control of the Senate minds of those on VJ." I added that last part myself. Quite clever isn't it? :ot2::whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Your first question: Never was mentioned in the post from the OP but assume there was no communication for a period of time and the beneficiary shows for an interveiw for a Visa. (There could be a good cause for this and just a posibility) A supportive Document such as a New Letter of Intent would help suffice the Consulate.
You're making things up, and you've admitted it. Read what was written and answer what was asked, without injecting fantasy.
#2 Question. Stop crying.. No one downed you. You always throw sticks and stones at me but it does not help the OP when you fight with me. I violated no TOS. Honesty is the best policy and I think as a benefit to the OP your advice is wrong. Thats not a violation. Thats my thought as a Member here. Sit back in your chair and think back when you just started this process and put yourself in a New-Bee's shoes. I'm a New-Bee myself. We don't need attitudes, we need sound advice.
This is exactly why the experienced members may follow newbies around to correct their advice, which can be quite off the mark. When corrected, most tend to apologize for their inaccuracies, rather than try to defend the indefensible.

If you say "You should prepare another letter of intent, because the moon is made of green cheese," is that accurate, correct, and lasting advice to be accepted by all?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

You're making things up, and you've admitted it. Read what was written and answer what was asked, without injecting fantasy.This is exactly why the experienced members may follow newbies around to correct their advice, which can be quite off the mark. When corrected, most tend to apologize for their inaccuracies, rather than try to defend the indefensible.

If you say "You should prepare another letter of intent, because the moon is made of green cheese," is that accurate, correct, and lasting advice to be accepted by all?

Well, I disagree. The moon is made of Blue Cheese.

Does the Color of the Moon have anything to do with a Letter of Intent ?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

You're making things up, and you've admitted it. Read what was written and answer what was asked, without injecting fantasy.This is exactly why the experienced members may follow newbies around to correct their advice, which can be quite off the mark. When corrected, most tend to apologize for their inaccuracies, rather than try to defend the indefensible.

Well, I disagree. The moon is made of Blue Cheese.

Does the Color of the Moon have anything to do with a Letter of Intent ?

Eureka!

1. "I have found (it)": the reputed exclamation of Archimedes (or some on VJ) when, after long study, he (they) discovered a method of detecting the amount of alloy mixed with the gold in the crown of the king of Syracuse (of attaining more blue boxes and orange hearts!) 2.(used as an exclamation of triumph at a discovery.) :jest:

BTW...I love Cheese, green or blue is fine with me. Could I have some of them sesame crackers too? :pop:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Eureka!

1. "I have found (it)": the reputed exclamation of Archimedes (or some on VJ) when, after long study, he (they) discovered a method of detecting the amount of alloy mixed with the gold in the crown of the king of Syracuse (of attaining more blue boxes and orange hearts!) 2.(used as an exclamation of triumph at a discovery.) :jest:

BTW...I love Cheese, green or blue is fine with me. Could I have some of them sesame crackers too? :pop:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We sent 2 intent letters one by me, signed by me and one by Johan signed by him. It certainly helps with the case, as it shows you know what is expected of you once you have your visa.

"Love is patient..."

there's no harm if u will bring one... but in my case they didnt ask for it... and good they didnt bcoz i really dont have one... :D:lol:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

To the OP.

It never hurts to have an updated ( dated) letter of intent. But keep it simple. You do not need to show "plans". The basic letter should be:

Date

I ( your name) plan to marry ( her name)within 90 days of her (my) arrival in the United States in accordance with the K1 visa process.

Signed ( your name)

And then the exact same letter with the names reversed and signed by her.

This has been used by many people and works well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

To the OP.

It never hurts to have an updated ( dated) letter of intent. But keep it simple. You do not need to show "plans". The basic letter should be:

Date

I ( your name) plan to marry ( her name)within 90 days of her (my) arrival in the United States in accordance with the K1 visa process.

Signed ( your name)

And then the exact same letter with the names reversed and signed by her.

This has been used by many people and works well.

i totally agree :thumbs:

no matter what anyone else says on here it cant hurt to take a new letter of intent to the interview with you. my advice to anyone is it is better to be over prepared than under prepared

godspeed

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

WE did not have an update Letter of Intent and it was not asked for.

But while you are thinking about it why not throw one in with the next letter you send. Its a few cents to print and sign. Cheep insurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.