eterri

Taking the plunge into the K1

23 posts in this topic

I thought it was well known that emigrating there was faster. Much less paperwork.

eterri - totally agree with you about the cost of living thing. That is the main reason we are settling here (aside from the fact that my fiance is tired of England, LOL). And we're practically neighbors!! :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I thought it was well known that emigrating there was faster. Much less paperwork.

eterri - totally agree with you about the cost of living thing. That is the main reason we are settling here (aside from the fact that my fiance is tired of England, LOL). And we're practically neighbors!! :D

I was told I need a work visa to live in Dublin & they are not so easy to come by, that is why I am filing for dual-citizenship. If I thought it were that easy to live there, I would have packed up long ago(well maybe not) but I am glad I have that option once I have my Irish passport in hand.........8 months from now

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline
You can get dual irish citizenship if your parent or grandparent was born there

getting there through marriage is probably easier than the UK, or so I'm led to believe by people who have done it

My man will be coming here but with the dual citizenship, it is nice to know I can go there if I choose to in the future. My grandparents wer born in Ireland & married there.

I have all my info I just need to come up with the $180.00

thanks for all the responses :yes:

Timeline

I know-I do consider myself lucky-I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!! The crazy thing is.......My grandmother was on vacaction in London when she had my Mother, I could have had citizenship thru birth, but no.........they were on holiday at the time!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
My grandparents wer born in Ireland & married there.

That's brilliant! You're really lucky, my man hasn't any Irish connections (he was in Ireland on a skills related Work Authorization...which was virtually impossible for him to get!!) so no chance of dual citizenship for him, unless we move back - something we never rule out at all. :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

I love it there so it is nice to know that I could go there to live. I just have to get my head around all that paperwork. Now that I have filed the k-1, I am a little burnt out :wacko:

I will be applying within the next few weeks b/c I know it is taking up to a year for them to process the applications. I wanted to file even before I met my man but now I really want to do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.