Kehinde

Still waiting for NOIR

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Can anyone tell me the longest length of time anybody has ever had to wait for an NOIR (notice of intenet to revoke)? I have heard 120 days and I have heard 6 months . I have been waiting 100 days and I thought they would get finshed with my review early and I would get it by now. My petition I130 was sent back fo the uscis for review for possible revocation. And I am eager to send in the necessary documents to prove my bonafide marriage. Has anyone ever experinced this type of situation?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Can anyone tell me the longest length of time anybody has ever had to wait for an NOIR (notice of intenet to revoke)? I have heard 120 days and I have heard 6 months . I have been waiting 100 days and I thought they would get finshed with my review early and I would get it by now. My petition I130 was sent back fo the uscis for review for possible revocation. And I am eager to send in the necessary documents to prove my bonafide marriage. Has anyone ever experinced this type of situation?

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the time frame for actually returning the case to USCIS or for USCIS review. Once USCIS actually has it though, they usually send the NOIR within six months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the time frame for actually returning the case to USCIS or for USCIS review. Once USCIS actually has it though, they usually send the NOIR within six months.

USCIS sent me a notice that they had received my case on July 11th and that I should wait to hear from them. Every time I call to ask them about it they say I have to wait 120 days which is four months, but I was also told that some time they finish cases sooner than what they say. Should I keep bugging them or wait it out?

Timeline

USCIS sent me a notice that they had received my case on July 11th and that I should wait to hear from them. Every time I call to ask them about it they say I have to wait 120 days which is four months, but I was also told that some time they finish cases sooner than what they say. Should I keep bugging them or wait it out?

Bugging them is unlikely to help. I would expect a reply in the next 30 days.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

California service center has been slow in every respect. Don't expect anything much before the end of the allowed time. I know way back they occasionally even said they needed more time ( back in the mass petitions at the fee bump years ago ) I haven't seen that reported recently.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

hi, i got an NOIR too and USCIS received the file october 2010. they sent the first NOIR in novemember. the second in february, the third in june and this last one in september.

we have gotten a congressman to constantly check up on them, i think that is helpful. so get in touch with your local congressman. but im still waiting for a reply as to what will happen. just sent new docs now in october. my interview was july 29th,2010, btw.

Timeline

hi, i got an NOIR too and USCIS received the file october 2010. they sent the first NOIR in novemember. the second in february, the third in june and this last one in september.

we have gotten a congressman to constantly check up on them, i think that is helpful. so get in touch with your local congressman. but im still waiting for a reply as to what will happen. just sent new docs now in october. my interview was july 29th,2010, btw.

I dont think you understand what I mean. You only get one NOIR. Its a chance to rebuke why they are reviewing you. How did you get 3 chances? Anyway we are still waiting on ours, its already been 100 days.and they still have not sent me mine yet. How long did you wait?

Timeline

I dont think you understand what I mean. You only get one NOIR. Its a chance to rebuke why they are reviewing you. How did you get 3 chances? Anyway we are still waiting on ours, its already been 100 days.and they still have not sent me mine yet. How long did you wait?

Technically, there is not any limit to how many NOIR's you can get. One is the norm but until USCIS is ready to finalize a decision, they can send as many as they wish.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Technically, there is not any limit to how many NOIR's you can get. One is the norm but until USCIS is ready to finalize a decision, they can send as many as they wish.

I wonder if it makes a difference in how many times they send an NOIR, if it is an K-3 like mine or if its an K-1 like most on this site. What do you think?

Timeline

I wonder if it makes a difference in how many times they send an NOIR, if it is an K-3 like mine or if its an K-1 like most on this site. What do you think?

For any petition based case, they can send as many NOIRs as they see fit until they are ready to make their decision.

More than 1 is unusual.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 4 months later...
Timeline

i guess i am one of those unusual cases because i got 3 NOIR's until i finally got approved... i got reapproved after 1year and 3 months

Thanks for your reply but I have gotten my NOIR now and it took exactly 6 months and 1 week. I had to get help from my Congressman. Maybe you should have done the same. I am now waiting on a reply. How long do you think it will be before they Reaffirm me?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your reply but I have gotten my NOIR now and it took exactly 6 months and 1 week. I had to get help from my Congressman. Maybe you should have done the same. I am now waiting on a reply. How long do you think it will be before they Reaffirm me?

i did have several congressman and senators helping me out... and im saying that my petition got reaffirmed after 1year and 3 months...which is what your waiting to find out now...well, if you sent the rebuttal to the NOIR, there are again 3 possible things that could happen...you petition could get reaffirmed, you could be sent another NOIR which you have to reply to(like in my case), or your petition could be denied. I usually got notified within 60 days of any action that took place regarding the NOIR.

Edited by albania

Timeline

i did have several congressman and senators helping me out... and im saying that my petition got reaffirmed after 1year and 3 months...which is what your waiting to find out now...well, if you sent the rebuttal to the NOIR, there are again 3 possible things that could happen...you petition could get reaffirmed, you could be sent another NOIR which you have to reply to(like in my case), or your petition could be denied. I usually got notified within 60 days of any action that took place regarding the NOIR.

Thanks for the info you have supplied me with it was very helpful in answering my questions. Now I no, I have at least another month of waitng. and hopeful I will be shouting praises of joy all over this VJ site. Lol!

Timeline

Just be aware that although a reaffirmed petition is a good thing and required to move the case forward to a second chance at the Consulate, that the reaffirmation itself is far from a visa decision in the affirmative. Lots of reaffirmed petitions satisfied USCIS enough for a second chance only to be denied at the Consulate again. Unless you've addressed the Consular Officer's concerns enough for them to change the decision they or a coworker already made, the only thing that has changed is the date on the calendar and the only thing passed is time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.