sjvr

Post NOA2- Now what ?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi all! Now that we received our NOA2 (let the joy sink in 10 minutes) ready to tackle the next piece. I am a little confused on what next steps are for our petition I included the I-129F, and the G-325A. I know I need to complete the affidavit but what else will he need to complete?

Will we also need below? the verbiage as to US embassy handling is confusing and will there be another fee??

DS-156K, Non-Immigrant Fiance(e) Visa Application: This is only needed (and should be provided) by the US Embassy issuing the Visa.

DS-156, Non-Immigrant Visa Application: Only needed at once you reach the US Embassy handling the Visa. Should also be provided by them.

DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration: Only needed by US Embassy handling the Visa. Should be provided by them also.

~Lo que es para ti nadie te lo quita- What is meant for you no one will ever take away.~

?/?/1992- I relocated to Ecuador when I was 12 yrs. old, and throughout my time there, met my now fiancée then first boyfriend. We dated on and off even after I returned to the US. Then we split as childhood relationships tend to.

10/3/2009- I went back to Ecua after 14 years and we reconnected, got back together one day after my arrival. I was now 31.

1/3/2010- I returned to be with my sweetheart, and ensure myself this was it, result-it was ok to let the heart lead.

9/23/2010- Ecua bound once more

10/27/2010- He proposed while I was in Ecuador =)

6/21/2011- Received our NOA1!

10/5/2011- Received Noa2

2012 fiancé arrived we married ~ best decision ever

8/2012 applied for AOS

9/2012 RFE 1 for not translating birth certificate

6/2013 RFE 2 for a mistaken blank space under spouse name and vaccination record

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Pues la verdad no se nada de la Embajada de Ecuador. Solo te puedo recomendar leer la guia de aca que dice que enviarle a tu pareja, y, buscar en el website de tu embajada.

Buena suerte y felicidades. :thumbs:

English-only outside the Regional subforums, please, or at least provide a translation, too.

OP, download the forms from the consulate's website -- don't wait for them to arrive (late or not at all) by mail. Also, after you've made your several $12 calls to the harpies who answer the PIN appointment line (and who certainly get commissions for how many extra times they can make you call back), make damned sure that you, the petitioner, are there for the interview. Be in Guayaquil at least a full day beforehand, because the ####### consulate may pull monkeyshines on you with the appointment time at the last minute. While you're there, take plenty of fotos of yourselves together, get them printed out somewhere (perhaps at the big mall), and take them to hand in to the Foreign Service National who will collect your stuff at the consulate.

Keep in close touch, please, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.