JCCJ

OCTOBER 2011 K1 FILERS!!

884 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We received NOA2 on the 22nd, fiance just called and it still isn't there.

They said that it can take up to 20 business days to get there!!! What the hell. Does anybody have experience of this?

Getting nervous for making it in time for a July wedding!

Don't worry about your July wedding it is still very possible. Call them again tomorrow and every day after, we got approved on the 20th and it didn't get there until Friday.Since they go by working days, Tuesday would be the same time as ours took, but it may not get there tomorrow. Just call them everyday, it is on its way. Good luck!

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We're approved!!! The NOA2 has been mailed!!! Finally!

---------------------------------------

10/5/2011 - I-129F sent to USCIS/Dallas

10/7/2011 - I-129F received at USCIS/Dallas and routed to the California Service Center

10/14/2011 - NOA1 email received

10/16/2011 - NOA1 hard-copy received

10/17/2011 - Check cashed

3/16/2012 - Received RFE

3/19/2012 - Responded to RFE

3/20/2012 - RFE response received at CSC

4/2/2012 - Email notification of approval

10/7/2011 - I-129F received at USCIS/Dallas and routed to the California Service Center

3/16/2012 - Received RFE

4/9/2012 - Received by NVC & Case Number assigned[/size][/font]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We're approved!!! The NOA2 has been mailed!!! Finally!

---------------------------------------

3/16/2012 - Received RFE

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Wishing you continued good fortune on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't worry about your July wedding it is still very possible. Call them again tomorrow and every day after, we got approved on the 20th and it didn't get there until Friday.Since they go by working days, Tuesday would be the same time as ours took, but it may not get there tomorrow. Just call them everyday, it is on its way. Good luck!

Thank you! I hope so, there never seems to be a sense of urgency and it's not like it's a free service, I hope they hurry along lol.

Have you received your packet yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

For some reason when I tried to reply it didn't post so I will try again. I received my case number from NVC. I called them today and they gave it to me. My NOA2 was 03/28. They said to call next week and see if the petition has been shipped to the embassy. I am getting together all the documentation I think that I might need. I am going to Amman in two weeks to visit my fiance and want to have everything ready (as much as I can). Can anyone suggest anything I should do or can to make sure we have all we need when we receive packet 3?

Timeline

For some reason when I tried to reply it didn't post so I will try again. I received my case number from NVC. I called them today and they gave it to me. My NOA2 was 03/28. They said to call next week and see if the petition has been shipped to the embassy. I am getting together all the documentation I think that I might need. I am going to Amman in two weeks to visit my fiance and want to have everything ready (as much as I can). Can anyone suggest anything I should do or can to make sure we have all we need when we receive packet 3?

Thanks for the info about the NVC. Our NOA2 date was 26 March. I have called NVC several times, last Friday (30 Mar) and yesterday (2 Apr) trying to get the case number.... with no success..... I am presently listening to the noise from phone service................

YIKES..........just got a human on the line and got our casefile number, with similar info on shipping date to the embassy as you mentioned. !!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! GRAZIE.....GRACIAS.....MERCI...XIE XIE...!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

THIS IS WHY THIS SITE ROCKS !!!!

Timeline

The one thing I have been working on is the I-134, my fiancee has been working on the DS-230 part 1, and assembling the rest of the requisite documents.

Good luck.

Timeline

Our case left NVC today April 3rd, wohoo!!!

US Citizenship

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Thank you! I hope so, there never seems to be a sense of urgency and it's not like it's a free service, I hope they hurry along lol.

Have you received your packet yet?

Unfortunately no, we have not received any packet yet, our case is just on its way to the embassy. It will come soon though.

US Citizenship

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Honestly, don't hesitate to call them. My NOA2 was 3/28. They got my file yesterday. CALL THEM!! I know the wait is killing you..lol.

This may be another stupid question, but if I call and get my case # from NVC before they send my case to the embassy, what good does it do me?

embrace the journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No NOA2 or RFE as of yet! I called my congress person today and she is sending USCIS a service request....I HOPE THIS WILL GET SOME KIND OF ACTION! I miss my Minnie soooo much!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

This may be another stupid question, but if I call and get my case # from NVC before they send my case to the embassy, what good does it do me?

Well the case# is used to send packet 3 via email before you receive it by mail.This will speed up the process, because sometimes packet 3 takes very long to get to you if it ever does at all. So to answer your question, it does the good after the embassy receive your case. You don't have to do it that way if you don't want to , you can wait on packet 3 in the mail, but most people want it to go as fast it can. Good luck. :thumbs:

US Citizenship

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Honestly, don't hesitate to call them. My NOA2 was 3/28. They got my file yesterday. CALL THEM!! I know the wait is killing you..lol.

Yes the wait really is killing me! We called them two days ago and they did not have it.

Will get the fiancé to call again this eve, once he finishes work.

So do I ask him to get the case number too if he does find that they have it? What does this do for me? I'm confused from now lol.

Well the case# is used to send packet 3 via email before you receive it by mail.This will speed up the process, because sometimes packet 3 takes very long to get to you if it ever does at all. So to answer your question, it does the good after the embassy receive your case. You don't have to do it that way if you don't want to , you can wait on packet 3 in the mail, but most people want it to go as fast it can. Good luck. :thumbs:

Oh you are a star. You just answered mine too :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank You! :thumbs:

embrace the journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.