JCCJ

OCTOBER 2011 K1 FILERS!!

884 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Still waiting... 5 months 9 days. Hard process for my fiancee and I.

a week to 5 months....nothing else we can do, but waiting....

Vdr5m8.png

August, 2001 - we first met in QD, China

April 14, 2003 - established relationship

August 19, 2003 - he went to AU for studying

Dec 27, 2003~Jan 10, 2004 - met in SH, China

Aug 14~21, 2004 - He visited me in QD, China

Jan~Feb, 2005 - met in QD, China

May 10, 2005 - I moved to the US

Apl 1~21, 2006 - He visited me in LA, US

Dec 14, 2007~ Feb 18, 2008 - I visited him in Mel, AU

Dec 31, 2008~Feb 21, 2009 - we met in QD, China

Jul 30~Oct 24, 2009 - met in QD, China

Jul 15~Oct 15, 2010 - met in QD, China

Jan 17~Feb 14, 2012 - met in QD, China

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Same here guys, 5 Months and 6 Six days . Nothing!

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Wishing you continued good fortune on your visa journey.

Congrats!!! :dance:

Thanks so much. These forums helped a bit to pass the 145 days from NOA1 to NOA2.

I also learned that i should go to interview in Bogota here.

I originally thought it would be better to save the money.

Kind of feel guilty about celebrating when a few are kind of sad.

Just know that my last day waiting was one of the worst and that this was wearing on our relationship as well.

I think it's actually much harder on the beneficiary.....

Anyhow he very end of october should get processing soon for CSC,

and it appears to me that VSC may be slowing down a bit too.

Once you make it to 5 months I would call USCIS,

and maybe even try to get a congress member to try to apply some pressure on your behalf.

By the way.. I signed up for notification with the form included in the 129F, as well as signed up for notification from USCIS on their website. I had just checked the USCIS website probably within the hour before i received my email, so i don't think there was a noticeable delay in my case.

Good Luck to all... Focus on your relationship and getting through the last leg.

When i spoke to my girlfriend a couple days ago about the wait she commented that she could wait 10 years, but i felt as if she could not wait 10 days...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:crying: Looks like we're all swimming in the same pond. We filed October 17 with the VSC and still nothing. I asked for a service request today.....we'll see what happens. Hopefully all the October couples still waiting will have GREAT NEWS SOON.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Don't be too jealous of all the earlier NOA2's...I filed on Oct. 19, received NOA2 on Feb. 24, and now I am still waiting in AP at NVC :( this is a never-ending waiting game!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So So tired of logging on to check the case status and still seeing 'under initial review' VSC hurry up already!! :(

Really taking its toll now! I can't even visit because we have a daughter who is a US citizen so would be travelling on an American passport, an immigration guy at USCIS customer service advised us not to travel because the guys at airport immigration may turn us away, as we may not leave with a visa in the process :'(

Missing my fiancé and our daughter is missing her daddy!!!

:'( :'(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this process is hard on all of us, but we will all get our approvals in due time. I find it is easier to look ahead so I am waiting on my 5 month mark so that I can call someone to get an update.

I haven't been able to see my fiance since we filed either (actually it has been longer) but we are managing quite well only because we know there is nothing we can do about it so no point in dwelling on the length of the process. I know this is hard, trust me, I get frustrated after checking my email and its not there but I know my time will come up eventually.

Hang in there everyone and please keep us updated if you hear anything :D

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

so I asked this earlier and did not get a reply...

I recently got my Birth Cert. sent back to me by the USCIS because it was an original copy and I guess they return all original documents. This is a good sign right? I am hoping it means they are looking through mine right now and should get my NOA2 anytime now!

::fingers crossed for all of us::

embrace the journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just posted here yesterday as an Oct. 11th filer still waiting. Just got the notice that my petition was approved yesterday!! Thank God! I wish the rest of you quick approvals. I had begun to seek a congressional inquiry into our case and, even though now it is unnecessary, I would highly recommend it to you other filers who are now outside of the 'normal processing times'. It at least gives you some hope of doing something to move things along and from reading comments and interviews with former USCIS workers, the department does respond quickly to congressional inquiries. So, if you have an opportunity or are worried, contact your senator (preferably) or congressman explaining the details of your case and requesting their assistance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so I asked this earlier and did not get a reply...

I recently got my Birth Cert. sent back to me by the USCIS because it was an original copy and I guess they return all original documents. This is a good sign right? I am hoping it means they are looking through mine right now and should get my NOA2 anytime now!

::fingers crossed for all of us::

I think that is good news, they normally ask for copies of important documents and your suppose to keep the originals for the interview.

If they sent it back to you recently then someone has touched your file. Yay your next up for the NOA2 :dance:

Edited by OurHappyEnding

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.