JCCJ

OCTOBER 2011 K1 FILERS!!

884 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I just received an email and text with an RFE! I'm shocked. I don't know what else they could possibly need. Ugh!

I'll respond to the RFE as quickly as possible. How much time will this add to getting an NOA2?

Sorry to hear about the RFE. At least now you know that CSC has been working on your petition.

It may add 30 days, maybe less,.... a lot seems to depend on the RFE and the speed with which you provide them all of the information that they request. Check other RFE postings for more specific details.

Good luck, hope that you are able to quickly satisfy their request.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad some of us are getting some action on our files :D although the RFE isn't good, at least we know someone is working on it.

10/25/2011 - Sent I129F to Texas

10/28/2011 - Texas received/Check Cashed

11/01/2011 - NOA1 (6 days after mailing)

03/22/2012 - NOA2 (142 days after NOA1)

04/20/2012 - Received Interview Date (June 4th)

05/22/2012 - Medisys Medical(Done!)

06/04/2012 - Interview in MTL (APPROVED!)

event.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may add 30 days, maybe less,.... a lot seems to depend on the RFE and the speed with which you provide them all of the information that they request.

It sucks but at least you know you are so close. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel :star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

October 28th filer here to VSC still no NOA2 :/

My patience is wearing thin! Anyone in the same boat here?

I am a 10/26 filer. But I am at CSC, so they are just getting close to my date.

I still have some patience We have only waited 140 days and still some at CSC have waited a little longer even without an RFE.

So I am optimistic.. Kind of looks like CSC is catching up a bit to VSC.

After 5 months or so we should contact uscis or maybe a congress member. For now i wait and keep hopes up.

Good luck to You!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Today marks our fifth month of waiting. No sign of anything! It is so frustrating. Where is our NOA2 :crying:

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a 10/26 filer. But I am at CSC, so they are just getting close to my date.

I still have some patience We have only waited 140 days and still some at CSC have waited a little longer even without an RFE.

So I am optimistic.. Kind of looks like CSC is catching up a bit to VSC.

After 5 months or so we should contact uscis or maybe a congress member. For now i wait and keep hopes up.

Good luck to You!

Thank you! Needed to know that there are still some around the same date waiting.

Fingers crossed for us both for the next couple of weeks!

Good luck on your journey!

Today marks our fifth month of waiting. No sign of anything! It is so frustrating. Where is our NOA2 :crying:

I'm sure we will hear something soon!

Positive thoughts :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey, October filers. I filed October 24, 2011. Just when I thought I would pull my hair out because of hearing nothing, I got an RFE in the mail today. I did not receive a text/email and the status didn't update on the USCIS page. I was not shocked by the RFE. It was something I knew I forgot to add to the packet so I was ready for it when I received it. I will mail it back out tomorrow. It's not the best new ever (that would have an approval) but it does give hope to everyone that they are moving along.

Question: Once they receive this (it's a copy of the divorce decree) how long until I should hear something?

Timeline

Hey, October filers. I filed October 24, 2011. Just when I thought I would pull my hair out because of hearing nothing, I got an RFE in the mail today. I did not receive a text/email and the status didn't update on the USCIS page. I was not shocked by the RFE. It was something I knew I forgot to add to the packet so I was ready for it when I received it. I will mail it back out tomorrow. It's not the best new ever (that would have an approval) but it does give hope to everyone that they are moving along.

Question: Once they receive this (it's a copy of the divorce decree) how long until I should hear something?

Sorry to hear about the RFE but at least you know exactly what you need to include.

As you said that it hadn't updated online, did you 'touched' date update? As ours still hasn't and we haven't heard anything but my partner forgot to date the petition!!! There was a million examples of evidence though, that would have been the only fault with the packet. Just wondering if we're to expect the same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the RFE but at least you know exactly what you need to include.

As you said that it hadn't updated online, did you 'touched' date update? As ours still hasn't and we haven't heard anything but my partner forgot to date the petition!!! There was a million examples of evidence though, that would have been the only fault with the packet. Just wondering if we're to expect the same.

I know the waiting is killer! But to answer you question: No, the touched date has not changed. I mean really there are worse things than an RFE.

Timeline

I know the waiting is killer! But to answer you question: No, the touched date has not changed. I mean really there are worse things than an RFE.

Yes, there is! I'll just be glad when I hear something! Is yours filed at VSC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope that everyone gets their NOA2s soon.. Looks like they're in the process of going through them now - I got mine recently. Good luck!

K-1 Visa 248 Days
Filed: 2011-10-24... Interview: 2012-06-21... Visa Received: 2012-06-27

Adjustment of Status 84 Days

Filed: 2012-11-15... EAD Received: 2013-01-26... Interview: 2013-02-06

Removal of Conditions 166 Days

Filed: 2014-11-10... Card Production: 2015-04-16... Card Received: 2015-04-24

Naturalization 72 Days

Filed: 2024-01-02... Interview: 2024-02-27...Oath Ceremony: 2024-03-15

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are praying that we get our NOA2 this week. The site's timeline data indicates our window may be from 15 March to 20 March.

We hope that there will be a flurry of NOA2 from the CSC this week !!! Good luck to all !!! :yes:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.