Gary and Alla

How about this?!!!

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well....it has other stuff in it....same room as the furnace and water heater!!!!

The unfinished half of the full basement, plenty of room for my stuff.

And like Gary, I have stuff that will allow me to reach way out and touch and stuff for the close-in work.

My favorite long range rifle is a Shiloh sharps M1874 LR Express, .45-110 It is the most fun to shoot at long range but in practical terms probably not as good as a .308. IF you know the range you can adjust the sights and slam the bullets home, and I MEAN "slam". But if you are off in your range estimate by so much as 100 ft at long range you miss entirely, But still make a big splash in the rocks and dirt. :lol:

I had a considerable collection of military rifles at one time and eventually sold most of them, keeping only a few. I focus on Winchesters, particularly lever rifles and shotguns and Smith & Wesson handguns. Love 'em both.

What was your Alla's reaction to all this? My Alla was like .... :o

Buit she wanted to shoot from the get go and now is crazy about it and cannot shoot enough! She was shopping for her birthday present in the online MidwayUSA catalog last night. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What was your Alla's reaction to all this? My Alla was like .... :o

Same.....:o

She might take some doing to go shooting, but she doesn't have an issue living in the same house. She knows all (except 2) are not loaded and just worries about little Leonid.

The other day I was downstairs doing the dogs' nails and he came down and was rummaging around my "Walmart" (as Alla calls it) and out he comes saying,

"Papa, this is so cool. A big Pistoliette!" (He calls all guns Pistoliettes!)

He had found a M1 Carbine that I had taken out of its CMP box since I had used it earlier to ship out a long gun I had sold.

Perfect fit for him. "Pow Pow Pow.....this is so cool, Papa."

"Yes it certainly is." As I took it from him, as a 4 year old will, he started to fuss and cry, "It's mine!" "Yes it will be, yes it will be."

What he also didn't know is that he had found one of the Jukebox Carbines (I have more than one of every manufacturer.) It is somewhat rarer than others and is worth keeping it for a few.

Field Grade, good orig. barrel, MW=1, metal nice and with original walnut wood and cartouches.

What manufacturer did he find?

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

And to keep the puzzle going......talking M1 Carbines......I also have....

A Typewriter Gun

An Automobile Gun

A Computer Gun

A Wild Wild West Gun

A Gear Gun

A Chicago Gun

A Postal Gun

An Ohio Gun

A Steering Gun

What Manufacturers do I have?

Go here for a nice history lesson....Carbine Manufacturers

And read around that same website for more information. I have procured a bunch of the Bavarian and Austrian Carbines. Interesting history, for some of us!

Timeline

And to keep the puzzle going......talking M1 Carbines......I also have....

A Typewriter Gun

An Automobile Gun

A Computer Gun

A Wild Wild West Gun

A Gear Gun

A Chicago Gun

A Postal Gun

An Ohio Gun

A Steering Gun

What Manufacturers do I have?

Go here for a nice history lesson....Carbine Manufacturers

And read around that same website for more information. I have procured a bunch of the Bavarian and Austrian Carbines. Interesting history, for some of us!

Underwood, ....IBM, Winchester, ...US Postal Meter, I forget the others Dammit

Hey, make sure to give Leonid a "gun lesson" every day. I used to allow the boys to choose a gun every day and we took it apart and learned how it worked. I started with them much before age 3. By the time they get a little older, guns have no fasciantion and they are completely "gun-proofed"

Alla never had any trouble with the guns, she was a bit worried the boys would mess with them but of course they do not because I supervised them anytime they wanted until the "novelty" wore off. Pasha and Sergey like to shoot but they know where the guns belong.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Alla had always gone shooting with me, even though we have a family membership so she is as welcome as I am at the club. She will go with me to her first member meeting tomorrow.

At first she wanted to know "what allowance" (permit or license) do we need for these guns. "none" None? "none".

"So I can just take my rifle and go shooting anytime I want?" Yes. :D

So now she started doing it! Good for her. She handles it well, is safe in handling it, so why not? She knows how to adjust her scope. I have to impress on her that she does not HAVE to adjust it every couple of groups. :lol:

Now she wants a new National Match shooting sling (leather NM sling) a Boyt canvas case, her "own" ear muffs in the color she wants (red)and a cleaning and shooting box for all her accessories, target pasters, targets, staple gun, ammunition, cleaning rod, brushes, patches, etc. That is her birthday request!

Gary And Alla

That is exactly what I did, put most of it off site, although I have a home and storage, I did not want to deal with it getting confiscated then having to fight to get it back. Nor could I replace the many cases of ammo at the 1995-2004 prices that look like a steal now.

Exactly what I'm considering. I can only imagine the news footage of police hauling can after can of ammo out of my apartment and then the report of having "so many guns and a stockpile of ammo."

When consulting with an attorney recently I informed him "a buddy of mine" had eight or nine, possibly 10, guns in his apartment. He said, "wow, that many guns in one apartment. Holy cow!"

Sad, really.

My favorite long range rifle is a Shiloh sharps M1874 LR Express, .45-110 It is the most fun to shoot at long range but in practical terms probably not as good as a .308. IF you know the range you can adjust the sights and slam the bullets home, and I MEAN "slam". But if you are off in your range estimate by so much as 100 ft at long range you miss entirely, But still make a big splash in the rocks and dirt. :lol:

That big ol' round goes to outer space before it comes back down!

Jukebox Carbines

What manufacturer did he find?

Rockola?

Now she wants a new National Match shooting sling (leather NM sling) a Boyt canvas case, her "own" ear muffs in the color she wants (red)and a cleaning and shooting box for all her accessories, target pasters, targets, staple gun, ammunition, cleaning rod, brushes, patches, etc. That is her birthday request!

You're getting off easy with that stuff. At least she didn't put you on the hook for a new rifle!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Check out Turner Slings (Turner Saddlery) for very very nice "seconds" slings. You have to look very hard to find the defect, never affecting fit and function, and they are very nice.

Timeline

Check out Turner Slings (Turner Saddlery) for very very nice "seconds" slings. You have to look very hard to find the defect, never affecting fit and function, and they are very nice.

I will! Great Idea! I have Turners on my M1, M1A and AR15. She has said she wants "black" I think turner makes them in black. Mine are the natural, light color leather and they "show that they are dirty" :lol: she IS a RUB woman after all

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Exactly what I'm considering. I can only imagine the news footage of police hauling can after can of ammo out of my apartment and then the report of having "so many guns and a stockpile of ammo."

When consulting with an attorney recently I informed him "a buddy of mine" had eight or nine, possibly 10, guns in his apartment. He said, "wow, that many guns in one apartment. Holy cow!"

Sad, really.

That big ol' round goes to outer space before it comes back down!

Rockola?

You're getting off easy with that stuff. At least she didn't put you on the hook for a new rifle!

Rockola! Right, I forgot that one. I had two M1 carbines at one time. Collecting them is a whole category in itself. They are fun to shoot, no doubt.

Actually she has decided she wants the M52 for her "very own" and the gift includes a card from me "transferring" the rifle to her. :lol:

Gary And Alla

the gift includes a card from me "transferring" the rifle to her. :lol:

Liberal!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I ordered her a Turner 2nd today, NM sling, black. It will be for her birthday in a couple weeks. I also bought her a pair of sculpted, "slimline" muffs that look good and will not bang against the stock like the others I have. She hates earplugs but did not have suitable muffs until now. These even have the Winchester logo on them. I also got her her own range bag with some cleaning gear, etc for all her "stuff". when she goes by herself she has been filling up one of those canavs shopping bags with her "stuff". Now she will have a proper "range bag"

I am ordering a Boyt canvas/leather case for her from MidwayUSA. I have all this stuff here and she is getting the items I like best after using them for so long but she wants her "own kit" for shooting.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I ordered her a Turner 2nd today, NM sling, black. It will be for her birthday in a couple weeks. I also bought her a pair of sculpted, "slimline" muffs that look good and will not bang against the stock like the others I have. She hates earplugs but did not have suitable muffs until now. These even have the Winchester logo on them. I also got her her own range bag with some cleaning gear, etc for all her "stuff". when she goes by herself she has been filling up one of those canavs shopping bags with her "stuff". Now she will have a proper "range bag"

I am ordering a Boyt canvas/leather case for her from MidwayUSA. I have all this stuff here and she is getting the items I like best after using them for so long but she wants her "own kit" for shooting.

What about black shooting gloves?

Never can be too fashionable at the range, or at the stop or anywhere a cultured woman can be found !!!

Timeline

Rockola! Right, I forgot that one. I had two M1 carbines at one time. Collecting them is a whole category in itself. They are fun to shoot, no doubt.

Actually she has decided she wants the M52 for her "very own" and the gift includes a card from me "transferring" the rifle to her. :lol:

Yep, and still making Jukeboxes.

Way back when I said I'd never have one of the "pop guns" but then the historical collecting aspect kicked in and now I've got a bunch. None more being imported and none forseen for any forseeable future. I'll sit on these and then re-distribute to deserving folks.

Sounds like Alla's got some great gifts. Very cool!

I recently switched to "stereo" muffs. Just a cheap set from Harbor Freight but they're excellent for things like range commands, coaching shooters, etc. Every RSO or instructor should have these on. I wish I would've switched sooner. Once I get some big bucks together I'll buy the more "slimline" series that feature mics on both sides. Really not a priortiy since I'm not a tactical operator but Midway has them on sale every now and then.

:unsure:

The liberal thing was because you filled out paperwork to "transfer" your firearm to her. I wish I had a dollar for everyone who's asked me how I registered my guns.

On a related note, last night I bought a new rifle (going to be a wedding gift for my little brother once I "transfer" it to him) and got delayed during the NICS check. Every single time I purchase a new gun I get delayed. It's almost as if I have a 3-day waiting period. I thought we got rid of those?

... and they wonder why people prefer private sales. Every time I hear about NICS being "hassle free" or a new plan to expand it and require it for all gun show and private transactions I cringe. Can we not just exercise our rights without infringement? Can we be privileged enough to do that?

The really sad thing is folks who don't know just don't know. They don't realize if this sort of thing can be applied to 2A rights it can be applied to anything. "What do you mean I can't go to church?"

"Sorry sir, your background check got delayed."

What about black shooting gloves?

Never can be too fashionable at the range, or at the stop or anywhere a cultured woman can be found !!!

Do you guys wear gloves when you shoot?

For some reason, I've always hated wearing gloves. If it's cold I'll wear some (especially the surplus "trigger mittens") but for the most part, I'll go without. If I do wear gloves I typically go fingerless. All those fancy-shmancy tactical gloves, shooting mitts, etc., just don't do anything for me. Well, nothing except reduce my dexterity.

Yep, and still making Jukeboxes.

Way back when I said I'd never have one of the "pop guns" but then the historical collecting aspect kicked in and now I've got a bunch. None more being imported and none forseen for any forseeable future. I'll sit on these and then re-distribute to deserving folks.

Hope and change. "Because they can fall into the hands of gangs." (Or Mexicans.)

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.