Gary and Alla

How about this?!!!

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is getting ridiculous! she is shooting more than me! I went out to do some errands with Pasha, I come home, Alla is gone and her rifle is gone. I called her

Where are you?

"Shooting"

When will you come back?

"When all the bullets are gone"

Alla we have thousands of bullets

"I mean the ones I took with me, I did not take all of them"

Should I come over and join you?

"No, really I do not have many left, I am trying to achieve my goal but have not so far"

What is the goal?

"To have all the bullets in one place the size of one bullet"

At 100 yards or 50 yards?

"!00 meters" (she never says yards)

She shoots Federal Gold Medal Standard Velocity in case anyone wants to buy stock in Federal Corp.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We're heading out this weekend to do some gun shopping...probably going to buy both handguns and shotguns.

Anyone sitting on the fence about getting a gun should probably go get one. Things are likely going to get nasty in the very near future...the dominoes could start falling in a matter of months. It's no coincidence that my brother, who is a police officer in Ohio, has been getting riot control training.

Maybe I played too much Doom when I was younger, but I think I'm going to get a chainsaw too.

I never bought guns for that purpose but I have a lot of guns that would serve for that purpose well. I am just a collector and shooter and want to have the best guns for whatever sport I am competeing in. I handload ammo because I am particular about match ammo and because it saves money. I stock up on components because I have been loading ammo since the 60s and nothing got any cheaper, so if you get a good deal today it will be the best price you will ever see and components last virtually forever if properly stored. So I have accumulated a lot. Except for the ammo we use for shooting and competition, I probably would never have to buy any more the rest of my life. It isn't like I am burning up .348 or .35 Whelen or .351 WSL at any huge rate.

If something like that happens I will be prepared but only by chance.

Gary And Alla

We're heading out this weekend to do some gun shopping...probably going to buy both handguns and shotguns.

Awesome! Have fun.

My "defense budget" has been consuming every bit of my disposable income for the better part of the last few years. My wife gets on me quite a bit for it and I honestly hope she's right. But, I look at it as something that will be invaluable if needed and a solid investment if not. No amount of money in the world will replace a firearm and ammunition when necessary. If you don't have one.... you don't have one.

Anyone sitting on the fence about getting a gun should probably go get one. Things are likely going to get nasty in the very near future...the dominoes could start falling in a matter of months. It's no coincidence that my brother, who is a police officer in Ohio, has been getting riot control training.

They're trying to end-around through the United Nations with international gun control. We're too tough here at home so they're going to go global. Only problem is most of those LEOs they're counting on to enforce those illegal laws will either ignore them or flat our refuse to enforce them. And foreign troops? No freakin way.

Since we're all civilized what they'll try to do is stop sales, transfers, etc. At that point, it'll be time to refresh the tree of liberty.

Maybe I played too much Doom when I was younger, but I think I'm going to get a chainsaw too.

I believe it was James Wesley Rawles that said, "don't go to the end of the world without a chainsaw."

I'll not only have a chainsaw, but also a nice gas powered cut off saw. Roadblocks, obstacles, etc., are easily cleared with those saws and a few tow straps.

"To have all the bullets in one place the size of one bullet"

1/4 MOA is superb! Especially at 100 "meters." Hard to do with standard production ammo (and .22LR of any type, really) but it's certainly possible. I bet she's already shooting one ragged hole. Very, very cool!

I never bought guns for that purpose

I only buy guns for that purpose.

I handload ammo because I am particular about match ammo and because it saves money.

Have you ever heard of Wolf or Bear?

A buddy of mine recently had an eye opening experience when I gave him a few hundred rounds of WPA to shoot out of his AR. It had such a bad reputation because of the lacquer coating they'd used previously. They've since fixed it and their new stuff is wonderfully accurate and cheap as well. He's been trying to convince me to start reloading for a few years and after one day at the range he said, "I may stop reloading .223."

In the more exotic calibers, sure, reloading makes sense. But, for standard military calibers, you can't beat Russian surplus. It's not match grade but for minute of man it's more than adequate.

If something like that happens I will be prepared but only by chance.

It's really not hard to add a little bit here, a little bit there and be pretty well prepared.

So many folks I talk to have never even considered preparedness on even the small scale. "What will you do if the power goes out for more than a day or two?" They're shocked when they realize they only have food for a few days. They're equally shocked when they realize they only have to spend a few extra bucks on each trip to the store to be prepared for several weeks.

Small steps mean a great deal in preparedness.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Awesome! Have fun.

My "defense budget" has been consuming every bit of my disposable income for the better part of the last few years. My wife gets on me quite a bit for it and I honestly hope she's right. But, I look at it as something that will be invaluable if needed and a solid investment if not. No amount of money in the world will replace a firearm and ammunition when necessary. If you don't have one.... you don't have one.

They're trying to end-around through the United Nations with international gun control. We're too tough here at home so they're going to go global. Only problem is most of those LEOs they're counting on to enforce those illegal laws will either ignore them or flat our refuse to enforce them. And foreign troops? No freakin way.

Since we're all civilized what they'll try to do is stop sales, transfers, etc. At that point, it'll be time to refresh the tree of liberty.

I believe it was James Wesley Rawles that said, "don't go to the end of the world without a chainsaw."

I'll not only have a chainsaw, but also a nice gas powered cut off saw. Roadblocks, obstacles, etc., are easily cleared with those saws and a few tow straps.

1/4 MOA is superb! Especially at 100 "meters." Hard to do with standard production ammo (and .22LR of any type, really) but it's certainly possible. I bet she's already shooting one ragged hole. Very, very cool!

I only buy guns for that purpose.

Have you ever heard of Wolf or Bear?

A buddy of mine recently had an eye opening experience when I gave him a few hundred rounds of WPA to shoot out of his AR. It had such a bad reputation because of the lacquer coating they'd used previously. They've since fixed it and their new stuff is wonderfully accurate and cheap as well. He's been trying to convince me to start reloading for a few years and after one day at the range he said, "I may stop reloading .223."

In the more exotic calibers, sure, reloading makes sense. But, for standard military calibers, you can't beat Russian surplus. It's not match grade but for minute of man it's more than adequate.

It's really not hard to add a little bit here, a little bit there and be pretty well prepared.

So many folks I talk to have never even considered preparedness on even the small scale. "What will you do if the power goes out for more than a day or two?" They're shocked when they realize they only have food for a few days. They're equally shocked when they realize they only have to spend a few extra bucks on each trip to the store to be prepared for several weeks.

Small steps mean a great deal in preparedness.

Yes, I have Wolf ammo, made in Tula, Russia. I call it "blasting ammo" just fun sjooting with the ARs

For match shooting I am much too ####### retentive to use anything but my very carefully concocted recipes. Besides I use 80gr bullets for the slow fire, single load stages and 69 gr bullets for rapid fire. The 80 gr bullets are great but are too long to feed in the magazine

FWIW I do not handload 55 or 62 gr FMJs, I use cheap surplus ammo for that

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I use cheap surplus ammo for that

I've got tons of that stuff, 30-06, 8mm, .223, .303, .308, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54. Glad I stock-piled when it was really cheap.

Y'alls can figure out which guns I use for which?!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I've got tons of that stuff, 30-06, 8mm, .223, .303, .308, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54. Glad I stock-piled when it was really cheap.

Y'alls can figure out which guns I use for which?!

30-06 M1 rifle, maybe a Springfield, various sporting rifles, too many to guess

8mm ...98 Mauser of one variety or another

.223 AR15, Mini 14 various sporting rifles

.303 Enfiled Mk1 or MkIV or possibly MkV

.308 The Great M1A various sporting rifle too many to guess

7.62 x 39 is fr the AK47 or SKS

7.62 x 54 is for the Mosin Nagant or possibly the Druganov or the SVT40

Great cartridge. By the way I LOVE the M1895 winchester and years ago I apssed up a chance to buy M1895s in 7.62x54. :bonk: Sometimes I just HATE myself years too late. I can still picture them, both rifles and carbines piled up on a table at a gun show in Milwaukee and the price was $300 each!!!! All Russian rifles. As it turned out the Russians ordered more than half the production of the M1895. The US tried a few in 30 US Army (30-40) but they were rejected after being field tested in Cuba and the Philippines during the Spanish American War. shame if you ask me. Great rifle

Gary And Alla

Timeline

30-06 M1 rifle, maybe a Springfield, various sporting rifles, too many to guess Mostly M1 Garands, all types, all manufacturers, lost count a while ago! And a few 1917s and 1903's of all types and manufacturers.

8mm ...98 Mauser of one variety or another Yep, I have at least two of each manufacturer and many more. Nice firearm and great history.

.223 AR15, Mini 14 various sporting rifles Two match RRAs. They are deadly nice!!!

.303 Enfiled Mk1 or MkIV or possibly MkV Yep all of those. The Jungle Carbines are very nice condition.

.308 The Great M1A various sporting rifle too many to guess Yep, sold the Polytech, but have an early Federal and two Remmie 700s all tricked out in sniper!

7.62 x 39 is fr the AK47 or SKS Both, Russian, Romanian and Yugo versions of each.

7.62 x 54 is for the Mosin Nagant or possibly the Druganov or the SVT40 The SVT's suffered from barrel flex but have a nice collection of Mosins and US-made Mosins and a couple of sniper versions.

Great cartridge. By the way I LOVE the M1895 winchester and years ago I apssed up a chance to buy M1895s in 7.62x54. :bonk: Sometimes I just HATE myself years too late. I can still picture them, both rifles and carbines piled up on a table at a gun show in Milwaukee and the price was $300 each!!!! All Russian rifles. As it turned out the Russians ordered more than half the production of the M1895. The US tried a few in 30 US Army (30-40) but they were rejected after being field tested in Cuba and the Philippines during the Spanish American War. shame if you ask me. Great rifle

Yes, I have Wolf ammo, made in Tula, Russia. I call it "blasting ammo" just fun sjooting with the ARs

For match shooting I am much too ####### retentive to use anything but my very carefully concocted recipes. Besides I use 80gr bullets for the slow fire, single load stages and 69 gr bullets for rapid fire. The 80 gr bullets are great but are too long to feed in the magazine

FWIW I do not handload 55 or 62 gr FMJs, I use cheap surplus ammo for that

Sounds like you have it all figured out. My buddies that do competition keep telling me to step up to the heavier bullets but I don't cut Xs so I don't worry about it too much. Perhaps if I had a place to shoot long distance regularly, I would. As it stands most of my shooting is done at 25m with the occasional 300 yard range and if I'm really lucky, 500 yards. If I'm super lucky it's cold, windy and raining!

My "blasting ammo" is what I like to call "zombie food" and I figure I'll use that for crowd control purposes hence, feeding it to the zombies. I also have a few cans of "rainy day" ammo. That's my green tip stuff. I figure there'll be two distinct types of threat once the power goes out. One will simply be outrunning your buddy when the bear chases you. The other will be hunting the pack of bears. I have ammo for both.

Phil, you must have a pretty good size gun safe!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Phil, you must have a pretty good size gun safe!

Gun cabinets only, each with GoldenRod and dehumidifier packets. All watched over by my Canine Patrol (Belgian Sheepdog).

Ammo in another heated, dry room; most still in tins and wood crates.

Gun cabinets only, each with GoldenRod and dehumidifier packets. All watched over by my Canine Patrol (Belgian Sheepdog).

Ammo in another heated, dry room; most still in tins and wood crates.

You have an ammo room?

Want.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

You have an ammo room?

Want.

Well....it has other stuff in it....same room as the furnace and water heater!!!!

The unfinished half of the full basement, plenty of room for my stuff.

And like Gary, I have stuff that will allow me to reach way out and touch and stuff for the close-in work.

Isn't that called an Ammo dump? Actually, it seems to me that Phil's house is an arsenal. Be careful. When the Chinese invade your house may be a strategic objective.

I'm not so much worried about the Chinese as I am what'd be on the news when the police raid my house.

Well....it has other stuff in it....same room as the furnace and water heater!!!!

The unfinished half of the full basement, plenty of room for my stuff.

I think most avid "collectors" have a room like that somewhere in the house.

Since I live in a small apartment I sneak mine in wherever I can. A little here, a little there. Folks walk through my house saying, "gosh, are you buggin out soon or something?" No. I just don't have a good storage space.

After recent events close to home I'm thinking about storing the majority of my arms and ammo off-site. Reduces the chances of "getting some guns off the streets" should an anonymous call or two be made. It saddens me to think something like a loud noise complaint could lead to all my arms being confiscated.

And like Gary, I have stuff that will allow me to reach way out and touch and stuff for the close-in work.

That's why I love my ARs. Good for both jobs.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not so much worried about the Chinese as I am what'd be on the news when the police raid my house.

I think most avid "collectors" have a room like that somewhere in the house.

Since I live in a small apartment I sneak mine in wherever I can. A little here, a little there. Folks walk through my house saying, "gosh, are you buggin out soon or something?" No. I just don't have a good storage space.

After recent events close to home I'm thinking about storing the majority of my arms and ammo off-site. Reduces the chances of "getting some guns off the streets" should an anonymous call or two be made. It saddens me to think something like a loud noise complaint could lead to all my arms being confiscated.

That's why I love my ARs. Good for both jobs.

That is exactly what I did, put most of it off site, although I have a home and storage, I did not want to deal with it getting confiscated then having to fight to get it back. Nor could I replace the many cases of ammo at the 1995-2004 prices that look like a steal now.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

You have an ammo room?

Want.

I have a room in the basement for reloading and ammo. It is a good sized room and there is a dehumidfier down there. It is my "man cave" minus any photos of girls in bikinis which are not allowed here. :whistle: The guns are in closets, desks, corners, a couple on the wall, behind doors, etc.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.