scredceasar

Police Clearance RFE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all plz i need help urgently. i submitted a police report to nvc and my form DS230. and this is the letter i got from them below,

I do not really understand what they are talking about here because i have lived in only two address from the time i was born till now, and i lived for more than six months in those places so what do i do?

- IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

Please submit a completed copy of form Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration -

Biographic Data (DS-230/DS-260) for this applicant. In reviewing the form that you submitted, we note

that the section pertaining to applicant residences from the age of 16 is either blank or incomplete. The

applicant must list all places lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16. There must not be

any gaps greater than six months. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes.

Your visa application cannot be processed until this form is complete.

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the information in

this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police Certificate(s):

? Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

applicant lives or has lived previously.

? Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more

than 12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police

certificates covering their residence in the U.S.

? Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

district in which you resided. The police certificate must:

1. Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area, and

2. State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including

all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

? If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries, you

may communicate directly with the U.S. consular office processing your visa applications.

? NOTE: Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. Detailed information is available

from the NVC or the nearest United States immigrant visa processing post

Plz someone help me out with these. am so confused now!!!!!!!!

Hello all plz i need help urgently. i submitted a police report to nvc and my form DS230. and this is the letter i got from them below,

I do not really understand what they are talking about here because i have lived in only two address from the time i was born till now, and i lived for more than six months in those places so what do i do?

Please submit a completed copy of form Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration -

Biographic Data (DS-230/DS-260) for this applicant. In reviewing the form that you submitted, we note

that the section pertaining to applicant residences from the age of 16 is either blank or incomplete. The

applicant must list all places lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16. There must not be

any gaps greater than six months. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes.

A gap exists in your residence history of more than six months. When completing the information in

this section, please refer to the following instructions below on Police Certificate(s):

? Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

? Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more

than 12 months. Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police

? Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

2. State what the appropriate police authorities records show concerning each applicant, including

all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

? If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries, you

may communicate directly with the U.S. consular office processing your visa applications.

? NOTE: Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. Detailed information is available

I somehow feel like you answered your own question. You must then provide the two addresses, showing that:

You lived at this first adress from age 16 until whatever age you lived there until you moved to the other address and provide the second address which you lived at until the present day. If these two addresses are in different countries you must provide police certificates for both, or if they are in two separate districts/counties/provinces/etc you must then perhaps provide separate police certificates from both districts.

The instructions were quite clear in that you cannot have gaps between the addresses that are longer than 6 months, if you for example say that you lived at one address until date X, and then started living at the second address from date Y and the time period between Y and X is greater than 6 months they will send you this notice asking you to clarify your residence history.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Topic split from another Police Clearance topic by another VJer- please post questions in your own topic rather than in someone elses thread to get answers applicable to you *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Police certificates are required for each visa applicant aged 16 years or older, based on where each

Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided more

Generally, applications for police certificates should be made directly to the police authorities in the

If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police certificates in other countries, you

NOTE: Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. Detailed information is available

Timeline

Take heart regarding the delay; are you are presently in Nigeria ? If you are, then you need to go to Nigerian Police Force; Alagbon Close Victoria Island Lagos. You need copy of your passport and proof of address such as PHCN (NEPA bills) if you have any. If you are not in Nigeria, you need to send a relative there to get it on your behalf.

That was how I got mine.( Be prepared to pay about N5K -N7K if you want to get it quick.)

Wish you the best.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Take heart regarding the delay; are you are presently in Nigeria ? If you are, then you need to go to Nigerian Police Force; Alagbon Close Victoria Island Lagos. You need copy of your passport and proof of address such as PHCN (NEPA bills) if you have any. If you are not in Nigeria, you need to send a relative there to get it on your behalf.

That was how I got mine.( Be prepared to pay about N5K -N7K if you want to get it quick.)

Wish you the best.

@ yomifash, i did the finger print in force headquarter abuja,but this morning i noticed that the stamp says lagos. maybe they took it to lagos that was why it took almost two weeks to be ready. and also they letter did not asked me to submit another police certificate rather it says,please refer to the following instruction below on police certificate. am grateful for your reply tnx.

Timeline

@ yomifash, i did the finger print in force headquarter abuja,but this morning i noticed that the stamp says lagos. maybe they took it to lagos that was why it took almost two weeks to be ready. and also they letter did not asked me to submit another police certificate rather it says,please refer to the following instruction below on police certificate. am grateful for your reply tnx.

To the best of my knowledge, FCID Alagbon close issues the police certificate in Lagos. Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.