25 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most at fault here?

• Us for getting an RFE
    • USCIS for being picky
    • Dumb #### civil surgeon for losing our paper

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Let us know what they say on your copy of your RFE.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

i work in the hospital and usually if a patient gives us record of something but doesn't ask for it back then we assume that we can keep it and maybe that they don't nee it. altho our hospital we usually ask if the patients needs the forms/paper back tho...don't know about others. we do shred everything as soon as we can. can't leave things hanging around...yes hippa can cause thousands if not millions of dollar. altho they could have kept it in the records for a few days or weeks.

will you need that rfe for future. you should call and ask if you can get another.

Edited by hnubno

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It appears the Civil Surgeon won by a landslide! :thumbs: In the land of democracy, the people voted & THEY, not I, were at fault for my RFE mess! :yes:

Not one to let the drama moment pass to quickly, I went back to the clinic today to see if our letter was "found" and request my copy of their HIPPA policy since they "lost" his RFE letter containing his confidential medical information & failed to call me back yesterday as promised. I also reminded them as USCIS authorized parties that they SHOULD have known how important it was for us to have that letter since it contained the address where everything should be sent AND the direction that the medical information they gave me MUST be returned with that very letter. Never the less, on the verge of a rendezvous with clinic security :devil: for my escalating tone of voice, I chose to leave with only my pitiful incorrect "800" number they gave me to call USCIS.

I eventually found the right number on the USCIS website and phoned them only to learn they would send me another copy within 2-3 weeks. :wow: I explained that with time being of the essence on this.. it was a bit long to wait. (Three letters: EAD pending says it all) She then suggested an infopass appointment to plead our pitiful story. So, we have one on Friday morning. Who knows? But really...who cares? I won the VJ vote among the jury of my peers. :D ...and thats all that really matters.

HIPAA.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.