pavi kumar

CR1 denied, USCIS received it back.... now wating for review

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife visa was denied at Delhi Embassy, we are on CR1. Petition sent back to USCIS.

I received a letter from USCIS that they received petition from DOS and are reviewing it.

I am waiting now for USCIS review... I went back India after our denial of visa and came back.

I have sent out a affidavit (written letter) to USCIS and our congressman has put an congressional inquiry on the petition. USCIS has responded back to congressman that they will be reviewing the file again.

...... DO I need to apply some sort of waiver of some kind?

If I have to, then.

1. When should I apply it?

2. What is required of me?

Please help me, post comments.... PLEASE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pavi,

Sorry to hear. Was there a reason given for the denial?

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your denial. In a about four or five months you will be recieving a NOIR. Or they could just reaffirm the petition. I would suggest contacting a good immigration lawyer.

We just recieved our noir Sept.12. you only have 30 days to respond. The 221g you recieved from the consulate should tell you why you were denied. Now what you should be doing is collecting any and all evidence you have of a boni-fide relationship. you dont want to wait until you have the noir to start getting ready to reply. you want to start getting ready now.

Best of luck to you

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wife visa was denied at Delhi Embassy, we are on CR1. Petition sent back to USCIS.

I received a letter from USCIS that they received petition from DOS and are reviewing it.

I am waiting now for USCIS review... I went back India after our denial of visa and came back.

I have sent out a affidavit (written letter) to USCIS and our congressman has put an congressional inquiry on the petition. USCIS has responded back to congressman that they will be reviewing the file again.

...... DO I need to apply some sort of waiver of some kind?

If I have to, then.

1. When should I apply it?

2. What is required of me?

Please help me, post comments.... PLEASE

Hello pavi,

Sorry to hear this, what was the reason for denial? i thought COS are not allowed to deny a visa discreationally?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your denial. In a about four or five months you will be recieving a NOIR. Or they could just reaffirm the petition. I would suggest contacting a good immigration lawyer.

We just recieved our noir Sept.12. you only have 30 days to respond. The 221g you recieved from the consulate should tell you why you were denied. Now what you should be doing is collecting any and all evidence you have of a boni-fide relationship. you dont want to wait until you have the noir to start getting ready to reply. you want to start getting ready now.

Best of luck to you

How soon you got your NOIR back . you just wait or someone help you like congressman or attorny let me know please

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our Congressman's office was a big help for us. They called USCIS every 6 weeks. USCIS had our case May 2. I had a email from them the same day, and less then a week later we had a NOA, stating it would take 5 months to make a decision on our case.

They mailed out the NOIR on September 8.

Timeline

Our Congressman's office was a big help for us. They called USCIS every 6 weeks. USCIS had our case May 2. I had a email from them the same day, and less then a week later we had a NOA, stating it would take 5 months to make a decision on our case.

They mailed out the NOIR on September 8.

Thanks for this information ........... give me idea but ihave to do now realy up set . this time is bad time

• 2 months later...
Timeline

ohhhh now i know that what cloudd be the reason of denial........... it may be due to the nclexx exmination .... oh god my wife had nclexxx exam before her marrige in same month march 2010 and the requsting fee for the examination is deposit by me on 2009..... what be did a sily mistake ohhh my god..... we telll to embassy that we met in febb 2011 through family and had marryy after a month . but the actuall thing is that i knwss my wife frm 2009.. but after 221g we only focus on that kkk the embassy ask the question when u first met wid ur familyy wid ur wifess familyyy ...... oohh my god may be this is the majar cause for refusall..... nw any body tell me hwww i remove this objectionn..... or say to co reality and apologise for mistake.... the main thing is thatt we love each other alot andd nw we fed up and want to live togather... when we did this inattention mistake we have at tht time idea for this visa jo urney

and we never ask for any regarding the 221g reply because we belived that my case is a real case......

Timeline

So you have known your wife since 2009 but told the US government that you met and married in 2011? OOPS.

I made that silly mistake. my parents they want to see her ist so

what i have to do now any idea my case still in us

ohhhh now i know that what cloudd be the reason of denial........... it may be due to the nclexx exmination .... oh god my wife had nclexxx exam before her marrige in same month march 2010 and the requsting fee for the examination is deposit by me on 2009..... what be did a sily mistake ohhh my god..... we telll to embassy that we met in febb 2011 through family and had marryy after a month . but the actuall thing is that i knwss my wife frm 2009.. but after 221g we only focus on that kkk the embassy ask the question when u first met wid ur familyy wid ur wifess familyyy ...... oohh my god may be this is the majar cause for refusall..... nw any body tell me hwww i remove this objectionn..... or say to co reality and apologise for mistake.... the main thing is thatt we love each other alot andd nw we fed up and want to live togather... when we did this inattention mistake we have at tht time no idea for this visa jo urney

and we never ask for any regarding the 221g reply because we belived that my case is a real case......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

ohhhh now i know that what cloudd be the reason of denial........... it may be due to the nclexx exmination .... oh god my wife had nclexxx exam before her marrige in same month march 2010 and the requsting fee for the examination is deposit by me on 2009..... what be did a sily mistake ohhh my god..... we telll to embassy that we met in febb 2011 through family and had marryy after a month . but the actuall thing is that i knwss my wife frm 2009.. but after 221g we only focus on that kkk the embassy ask the question when u first met wid ur familyy wid ur wifess familyyy ...... oohh my god may be this is the majar cause for refusall..... nw any body tell me hwww i remove this objectionn..... or say to co reality and apologise for mistake.... the main thing is thatt we love each other alot andd nw we fed up and want to live togather... when we did this inattention mistake we have at tht time idea for this visa jo urney

From what I'm able to discern here, it's possible the visa application was refused because of Material Misrepresentation by the beneficary. If that is the case, the penalty is the beneficiary will have a lifetime ban from the US.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As I said in the other thread, from what I am able to discern in this post, there is a possibility of Material Misrepresentation by the beneficiary at the interview. If that's the case, then the penalty is a lifetime ban.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.