lazzie

DV 2012

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't know where u from ,but, i think u have an E-mail,and they know it,, and that e-mail was on ur first application, so,before ur interview with about 4 to 6 weeks they will notify u with a communication e-mail telling u to go check the Gove lottery web site again and that there is updates for u, so u go there with the original confirmation number u have, and family name, birth year, and instead of the winning notification letter , there will be a letter tells u what to do next, and when ur interview will be ,

regarding ur case number ,,, it is not that high at all , and to make sure i will just give u links to the government (Visa bulletin)

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5560.html u need to go check this link, generally in africa they are now 13000, till november, but if u r an egy one they r takin to 8000, so,, and if u r an egy one the embassy got another link which will be detailed, like case number ,date and time for the interview, but still not out yet,,,

Embassy link for the appointments,

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html

let me know if ya need any more help,

good luck,

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Nightwalker.

I'm from Nigeria actually. the visa bulletin is actually hard to understand.

You see, for The month of October, it says 7000 for Nigeria. For November, 10000.

Are these the cut off numbers? And how will i know when my case number is current?

And i honestly need all the help i can get.

My DV is for my family, my husband and daughter.

We had a religious marriage 4 years ago, but when i got selected, i insisted on the court wedding.

Will this affect me in any way?

Thanks again.

I don't know where u from ,but, i think u have an E-mail,and they know it,, and that e-mail was on ur first application, so,before ur interview with about 4 to 6 weeks they will notify u with a communication e-mail telling u to go check the Gove lottery web site again and that there is updates for u, so u go there with the original confirmation number u have, and family name, birth year, and instead of the winning notification letter , there will be a letter tells u what to do next, and when ur interview will be ,

regarding ur case number ,,, it is not that high at all , and to make sure i will just give u links to the government (Visa bulletin)

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5560.html u need to go check this link, generally in africa they are now 13000, till november, but if u r an egy one they r takin to 8000, so,, and if u r an egy one the embassy got another link which will be detailed, like case number ,date and time for the interview, but still not out yet,,,

Embassy link for the appointments,

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html

let me know if ya need any more help,

good luck,

Timeline

Thanks Nightwalker.

You see, for The month of October, it says 7000 for Nigeria. For November, 10000.

Are these the cut off numbers? And how will i know when my case number is current?

We had a religious marriage 4 years ago, but when i got selected, i insisted on the court wedding.

Thanks again.

Hello again,

well,if the Gov web says November will be till 10000, so and you are 10000 and something, so you will be around or in December, what you need to do to the best of my knowledge that if there is an embassy for the USA in Nigeria, so you need to check with them and with their website,, this is how it works here in Egypt, the Embassy of US gives details about the interviews like with the case number ,date and time, with a monthly bulletin, or you call them i mean the embassy, if there is no embassy there, so where did you say you wanna have your interview, which is the nearest country,,in one of the forms that you did send, you did typr where you wanna have the interview(right) you need to check with that embassy on the phone or it will be on their website,

Or,,you can e-mail the KCC and check with them,,this is the best ican help with and this is how it works here ,,,and i think it will be the same for you,

as for the second part(marriage) i don't know,,am sorry,,you need to check with some one from Nigeria and there are some of your people here,,,

i think you should post a new topic and headed it with ( that you are from Nigeria and that you won and need a quick help from nigerian one)

i am sure you will get a better help that way,,,

i wish i could help more but,, i tried my best,,

So,,wish all the best and good luck,

Timeline

Thanks Nightwalker.

Thanks again.

hey again,

i remember that i told you that you will be getting an e-mail from the KCC it will be just a communication e-mail, tells you that there is an updates on your status, you gonna need to go on the DV website with the confirmation # ,family name and birth year, you find a different letter from the notification letter tells you about your interview when, and where it will be and it will be 4 to 6 weeks before you interview,

good luck again

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you Nightwalker.

I will get in touch with US embassy in my country. (We have a couple here in Nigeria). The last time i got in touch with them, i got the reply that KCC hasn't sent my case to them yet.

When i contacted KCC, their reply was that my forms have been received and approved and i can carry on the process.

I was referred to the visa bulletin to follow up on my case number.

Thanks again Nightwalker, you have been real helpful. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.