gretchen_darren

help with mama

219 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Darren what's happening today are consequences of your previous acts. You impressed them too much. Now, stop complaining but rather start working things out the right way :)

I wish you guys a happy life ahead. :yes:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Gosh, more and more information keeps coming out. Darren, from your early posts I got the impression that you felt you were an expert on Filipino culture. First let me say, I'm not, but then again, you certainly aren't. Where did you get your expertise, a book from the 1950s?

So it turns out you got taken advantage of by a pretty smart lady, your mother inlaw. She's got her hooks in you now. She'll probably try to lay a heavy duty guilt trip on her daughter to get more out of you. Before your recent posts I thought you would be ready for that, but maybe not. The guilt WILL take a toll on you both, especially Gretchen since she is so young and has never lived away from her parents. You can't blame them for trying to help themselves any way they can. Opportunities are few and far between from what you've described.

As I said before, now is the time to build a strong and trusting relationship with your soon to be wife. That is all you can do to help your situation.

To others reading this post, I understand that most phil/am love stories do not involve money issues like the ones being discussed here.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the only thing i can tell you, you have put yourself in this situation darren. In the first place, it was you who offered money to the family. It was you who provided your young girl financial support every month. i am no saying that it is bad, however you came to their lives giving out the wrong notion that you are papa santa claus who will raise them up from poverty. and now bec of your money, you think you can control their lives and you can dictate them how they are going to live their lives

Timeline

and also: THINK before you/i/we CLICK.

i just think that there are things better left "unpublished" here... well, it's just me... and that's how i see it.

To Gretchen, i sincerely wish her true happiness.

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

this is so personal concern darren, i suggest to seek for professional help, and/or seek for friend advice with your concern and not brought up your personal concern in life in this site, cause we don't know you personally, others may have sympathy on you others won't.. i hope you do earlier research that it takes a lot of adjustments and understanding in marrying a girl with different culture.

it seems you have a culture shock.

right know you have to focus on starting your new life with gretchen. :whistle:

I mean things started getting out of hand on the second week being there in the village. Money to get home and for food. Money for a farewell party. Money to travel back and forth

Lols my family and friends asks me for a farewell party but I said I'll see if my budget is ok for that and I said it's better to pay it for bills at home rather than spending it on party, but anyway my sister insisted having it and I said it's ok and up to them, coz the good part is, its their treat. :thumbs: The lesson here is not only you deciding on things, both of you should talk about it and come up unto an agreement, specially about financial matters. Money is a necessity but few times or so it's a root of evil(problems)Good luck.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oracle7az.jpg

the innuendos/swipes at the op and general stereotyping need to cease.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

oracle7az.jpg

the innuendos/swipes at the op and general stereotyping need to cease.

Yes Charles, I don't think it was so much an Attack on Darren but he asked for Imput, Imput, Imput. I knew he would not get the reassurance he was looking for with his post. But, he did recieve thoughts of members that relate to his currant status. Members were honest and we all watch eachothers cases. Maybe it will help him?

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.