gretchen_darren

help with mama

219 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

omg wish you treated ur girl like a princess....might you make her'a maid'oo peace bro...u stepped thier feet for keeping telling stories about them...share your blessings

i have him with one'hello'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

when you marry a little filipina girl, you marry her whole family. i don't know why we need to know your life story but this is what happens when you STEAL from the crib.

Darren, I'm shocked and disappointed by your post/thread.

One reply said: Run Run Run. Hard to run 6000 Miles . The bait was set. A wealthy american serching for a young lady.

I'm just disappointed in what you said.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok, I know some parts of what I have said are objectionable to some. I hope people understand I do not "own" or "control" Gretchen except in sense which helps her to "feel" as such in her culture. Please note the phrase I posted means more in their culture, plus establishes me as the "role" in the family for me and Gretchen. I am having to walk a very hard line between being respectful, and dealing with other issues. AS for the people at the wedding. These are the "family" they introduced me to. Stating in the beginning these people were "family". Arrangements to have them at the wedding was made a long time ago just after Gretchen and I were engaged in order to provide witnesses for the finalizing of the k-1 visa to AOS. This was before the moeny I started sending to support Gretchen each month. There was a major falling out between families after my second visit. Not sure what it was, but believe it was related to support I was sending Gretchen. Seeing what I saw my last visit. I think it was the purchasing of furniture and other items for the house in June without telling me. Just taking the money and abusing what I was sending. the "family" who they introduced me to tried to warn the mother-in-law, but mama-in-law chose to ignore them. I am not sure the whole story yet. But I am digging very very deeply now before the wedding.

this is the part I am trying to deal with the demands for money from Kanos. I learned about the "what goes in, goes out". Having been working with Gretchen on it. However, the hard part is her turning over money to her parents, thinking I just had more money to give or for to support both me and Gretchen. I am trying not to offend people on here. Nor am I trying to offend her parents. However, I know I have to start setting some ground rules on money or I will go nuts trying to make everyone happy. then when I am broke no one will understand why in the heck we cannot send any money.

I mean things started getting out of hand on the second week being there in the village. Money to get home and for food. Money for a farewell party. Money to travel back and forth from village. Money to rent a jeepney. Money for class party. Money for a church seminar. No load on phone, No load in internet smart card. The phone you bought me went to my brother. I bought this phone with money you sent me, it now is going to my mother. Mother got electric to the house in her name. Some of the clothes I took for Gretchen ended up going to other aunts and cousins in the family. It was getting tiring for me. Also, please understand I have sent 160,000php since meeting Gretchen. the money was to support Gretchen. Internet per month was only 1200 php (200php unlimited internet for 5 days, I found this out as leaving.) With the money I sent, they could have bought a boat had they saved each month. But the money was spent on other items without thought to when Gretchen was leaving. Now Gretchen is seeing the living here. Wondering why no furniture yet. buying groceries. Spending time with the kids. My work. Gretchen is happy. But I feel so bad because of how much the trip bit into finances for home here. the first week was fine. the second week, in the village. The budget went nuts. It should have been less for just the two of us. But it absolutely went crazy. The harder I tried to keep on budget the worse it got. I spent nearly 60,000 php or better the second week compared with 35,000php the first week and I did not know the 6,000php was gone until Saturday, the 17th. Talk about being shocked.

I am not trying to control. But I went on a limited budget, with some allowances for overages. But the problem is the expectations. Somehow there is this thinking the money came in, just spend it. then when she runs out for load, he will send more. No thought as to how it made me feel when I found out what had been going on. You can say all you want about culture, this, that, robbing the cradle. But I feel so much like a schmuck over all the money sent.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Oh boy...here we go again... :pop:

I understand the fact that you're not the most articulate person in the world, but do you think about what you say before you say it???

Some comments you made are very degrading and humiliating. Other comments just contradict themselves.

I believe much of the problems you are experiencing are the same problems YOU created.

Do you really believe this? Even though she may marry you in the near future, you must remember that she'll always have ties to her parents. She probably holds their advice and opinions with very high esteem and respect. That doesn't mean that her parents "control" her, and neither should you. I'm hoping you would want Gretchen to be a successful, independent woman who is capable of making her own intelligent decisions.

I highly doubt both of these claims.

In general, women don't appreciate being treated like #######. They don't like to have their minds made for them. Instead, they prefer to be treated with love, respect and admiration. Putting these qualities into practice helps improves relationships.

Again, contradictions. Is she capable of making her own decisions? Or do those decisions need approval from you first?

It upset you that Gretchen willingly decided to give her mother P6,000? Seriously?

Perhaps if you weren't so controlling and dominating, Gretchen wouldn't feel the need to hide things from you. Have you considered that?

Nope, not in the slightest.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Please note, I am dealing with a tribal customs not todays mentality in most of the world. Everything Americans believe or hold true go out the door in this area. they are not barbaric, however, there are certain customs of a tribal nature which hold true. I am dealing with mentality of a "Kano" in their minds, plus the customs and traditions they hold to. What I am not posting is much more shocking then what I am posting. What I am learning and the translations would send most Americans into fits, tantrums, and human rights activists screaming.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

ok, I know some parts of what I have said are objectionable to some. I hope people understand I do not "own" or "control" Gretchen except in sense which helps her to "feel" as such in her culture. Please note the phrase I posted means more in their culture, plus establishes me as the "role" in the family for me and Gretchen. I am having to walk a very hard line between being respectful, and dealing with other issues. AS for the people at the wedding. These are the "family" they introduced me to. Stating in the beginning these people were "family". Arrangements to have them at the wedding was made a long time ago just after Gretchen and I were engaged in order to provide witnesses for the finalizing of the k-1 visa to AOS. This was before the moeny I started sending to support Gretchen each month. There was a major falling out between families after my second visit. Not sure what it was, but believe it was related to support I was sending Gretchen. Seeing what I saw my last visit. I think it was the purchasing of furniture and other items for the house in June without telling me. Just taking the money and abusing what I was sending. the "family" who they introduced me to tried to warn the mother-in-law, but mama-in-law chose to ignore them. I am not sure the whole story yet. But I am digging very very deeply now before the wedding.

this is the part I am trying to deal with the demands for money from Kanos. I learned about the "what goes in, goes out". Having been working with Gretchen on it. However, the hard part is her turning over money to her parents, thinking I just had more money to give or for to support both me and Gretchen. I am trying not to offend people on here. Nor am I trying to offend her parents. However, I know I have to start setting some ground rules on money or I will go nuts trying to make everyone happy. then when I am broke no one will understand why in the heck we cannot send any money.

I mean things started getting out of hand on the second week being there in the village. Money to get home and for food. Money for a farewell party. Money to travel back and forth from village. Money to rent a jeepney. Money for class party. Money for a church seminar. No load on phone, No load in internet smart card. The phone you bought me went to my brother. I bought this phone with money you sent me, it now is going to my mother. Mother got electric to the house in her name. Some of the clothes I took for Gretchen ended up going to other aunts and cousins in the family. It was getting tiring for me. Also, please understand I have sent 160,000php since meeting Gretchen. the money was to support Gretchen. Internet per month was only 1200 php (200php unlimited internet for 5 days, I found this out as leaving.) With the money I sent, they could have bought a boat had they saved each month. But the money was spent on other items without thought to when Gretchen was leaving. Now Gretchen is seeing the living here. Wondering why no furniture yet. buying groceries. Spending time with the kids. My work. Gretchen is happy. But I feel so bad because of how much the trip bit into finances for home here. the first week was fine. the second week, in the village. The budget went nuts. It should have been less for just the two of us. But it absolutely went crazy. The harder I tried to keep on budget the worse it got. I spent nearly 60,000 php or better the second week compared with 35,000php the first week and I did not know the 6,000php was gone until Saturday, the 17th. Talk about being shocked.

I am not trying to control. But I went on a limited budget, with some allowances for overages. But the problem is the expectations. Somehow there is this thinking the money came in, just spend it. then when she runs out for load, he will send more. No thought as to how it made me feel when I found out what had been going on. You can say all you want about culture, this, that, robbing the cradle. But I feel so much like a schmuck over all the money sent.

You obviously spent too much money initially and now some think there is a never ending supply. Of course, you can't go back and change the past and I have no idea how to fix this situation you're in. Good luck with that. Honestly, I think Gretchen is going to have to explain to people back home what your budget is like.

my thoughts to you in the future; always read your posts a couple of times before hitting submit. There will be a lot less controversy for you then. :lol:

Timeline

"Your parents no longer control you, I do"?????:blink::huh::wow:

I don't think I even know what to say to that!

This is a tribal custom. A right of passage into marriage for a girl. It is the changing of being a child into being a responsible adult. I am having to research the old tribal customs of the philippines to even understand these things myself. I am involved in many tribal customs having to be performed. I just wish I knew how to explain it. It is more closely related to native american customs then anything else I can find. But even then the customs as still different.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Lots of red flags here,,, and some of making your own bed and now you have to sleep in it.

However, all is not lost just need to scale expectations and move forward cautiously.

Perhaps, start with income replacement (Her leaving could leave a hole in the extended

families finances).

My wife a new nurse,,, in the Philippines could make 10 to 15k pesos per month. That

might be a good target (if you can afford it) to start with. Once she starts working

in the US,, then she can send a mutually agreeable monthly stipend to help her family.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.