gretchen_darren

help with mama

219 posts in this topic

So tell me I'm crazy now. Crazy like a fox maybe.

LOL, gotta watch out for the foxes sometimes! I must say that you statement "holds water" as pertaining to your specific situation/location. For most families, holding a second job is not quite such a complication. We're pretty lucky in regard to childcare, with our son being enrolled at a "clinical" daycare housed at a local community college that is used as a training program for the school of education where early childhood education students attend class there and visit the facility as part of their education/training. As such, the procedures and programs at the center are run at almost an aspirational level of quality.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its funny that so many of you are attacking him because of their age difference, saying he is robbing the cradle because she has no life experience. I joined this site (after just visiting the Philippines) I made the comment here, how shocked I was that there were so many older men (50yrs old) with such young girls(18-20yrs old)in Manila and that it turned my stomach. They had no life experience what so ever and now there is some American throwing money around luring them in. I was telling my fiance while we visited manila that there is no way that this would be acceptable in the states. Wow did I get attacked after posting my comment, saying I was insulting half of the VJ community and the comments just kept coming until I just laughed them off and didn't give a response to fuel the fire. Now its OK for you to do the same to Darren, because he doing the same thing that I was describing and your seeing the reality of it unfold here. Yes, I know there is a lot more to this story then just age, but man you love to mention it. lol

Darren,

Just get your finances together, set an amount you can afford to send back to help Gretchen's family. Hopefully you will come to your senses and let her either get a job or go to school to better herself. Once she is able to send her own money home she will feel like she is doing her part by helping her family back home without burdening you. As far as Gretchen goes dealing with her family back home, if she loves you then she will stay and if she doesn't love you enough then she will wish to be back home and take this a learning mistake. I really hope that doesn't happen, and you two can be the family both of you are dreaming of. I guess the slams against you are of your own doing and I'm hope you will never allow sharks in the water too feed off you again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think the thing people are missing here. Is HOW to deal with Filipinos and in-laws. That was the question. And I gave information to help. I do not know everything. And dealing with Filipino in-laws and family is something very new to me. The trip cost me a lot. Then to come back home, and have to hire a lawyer to deal with my ex again for child support and parenting time. Plus I am transitioning to management from technical. Gretchen knows and is with me. We are working out things together.

I could tell you the conversation, but who really cares?? all I can tell you is I am taking care of the fmaily here in the USA first. then the family in the philippines second. Everyone wants to say how little experience she has. The problem is the teaching in the schools. the teaching of finanaces. those are not taught in the school or at home there. Have it, spend it. Not a way to live well. Need money, or have no money, get a loan or credit to make it through until you again. Be in debt. You have to focus on how to get ahead. Saving money is something most americans do naturally. We learn at a yoong age. It is a difference in culture. I am dealing with curtural issues. the american idea and the filipino idea. All I have to do is work through it.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

darren, I think this whole topic would have not been as much of an issue if YOU had not acted like a macdaddy while you were there and been honest about what you are and are not prepared to do as far as money for them goes. Do the family there realize that you also have an obligation to your children from your ex wife too? You did not set a very good ' teaching' example to Gretchen and her family while you were in the PI ; and it's understandable that the switchero is a suprise to them now. I guess all you can do is explain that you have obligations here and maybe when Gretchen gets a job, she will be sending money.

Good Luck.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

I think the thing people are missing here. Is HOW to deal with Filipinos and in-laws. That was the question. And I gave information to help. I do not know everything. And dealing with Filipino in-laws and family is something very new to me. The trip cost me a lot. Then to come back home, and have to hire a lawyer to deal with my ex again for child support and parenting time. Plus I am transitioning to management from technical. Gretchen knows and is with me. We are working out things together.

I could tell you the conversation, but who really cares?? all I can tell you is I am taking care of the fmaily here in the USA first. then the family in the philippines second. Everyone wants to say how little experience she has. The problem is the teaching in the schools. the teaching of finanaces. those are not taught in the school or at home there. Have it, spend it. Not a way to live well. Need money, or have no money, get a loan or credit to make it through until you again. Be in debt. You have to focus on how to get ahead. Saving money is something most americans do naturally. We learn at a yoong age. It is a difference in culture. I am dealing with curtural issues. the american idea and the filipino idea. All I have to do is work through it.

Good for you and a good post,

Just be cautious of saying all Filipino's spend what they have! I'm blessed my fiance's family has never asked me for a dime or do they expect it. They all were all educated at the University of Mindanao where their father worked. He did everything to put them in the best schools there and now they don't have to ask for anyone's help. Their parents sacrificed everything to make sure the kids were well educated and brought up with good values. Do they have a lot of money..no but they save anything they can for a rainy day and if they need my help, I will offer what I can but its never expected.

I'm glad you two are doing just fine, and yeah ex wives can be a pain in the butt for sure. Just keep the positive attitude and whatever comes will come and you will get thru it, just like Gretchen's family will if there is no money to send right away.

OH and btw, everyone who is a drama queen cares....they want to criticize your every move now. Don't feed the sharks!!! lol

Eddie

And that has what to do with you lolling at what I said?

Seriously, I'm all ears as to what point you were initially trying to make.

*sigh*

I was not lolling at what you said. Please don't make it about that.

Darren doesn't want Gretchen to have a job. Let alone miss any fulfillment from a job while she's caring for their children.

There. That's all it was.

OH and btw, everyone who is a drama queen cares....they want to criticize your every move now. Don't feed the sharks!!! lol

Dude, Darren has actually used the word "control" when he refers to Gretchen.

I don't think we are the sharks.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Timeline

*sigh*

I was not lolling at what you said. Please don't make it about that.

Darren doesn't want Gretchen to have a job. Let alone miss any fulfillment from a job while she's caring for their children.

There. That's all it was.

My bad, it read differently to me!

Dude, Darren has actually used the word "control" when he refers to Gretchen.

I don't think we are the sharks.

Indeed, we're not.

Ahh, confirmed! Darren and his ex have some sort of custody support issue; he has $20 in the bank, spent everything on his fiancee and her family...hrmmm,and Gretchen has the financial ignorance?

1. :blink: Seems you care ... :unsure:...seems you care very much.... soooooo... that makes you a "drama queen" :blink: ...right..? :blink:

2. Darren asked for advice and he got it. It may not be the advice he was seeking but it may be exactly the advice he needs. You posted your caring advice....and you critiqued his post(s). You're a shark? :blink:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

I think the thing people are missing here. Is HOW to deal with Filipinos and in-laws. That was the question. And I gave information to help. I do not know everything. And dealing with Filipino in-laws and family is something very new to me. The trip cost me a lot. Then to come back home, and have to hire a lawyer to deal with my ex again fo r child support and parenting time. Plus I am transitioning to management from technical. Gretchen knows and is with me. We are working out things together.

If you're focused on caring for your family in the U.S., how is your ex taking you to court over child support? :unsure:

Edited by Anginafrica

K-1 Journey:

3/30/2011 - NOA1

6/17/2011 - NOA2 (79 Days)!

7/19/2011 - NVC Assigned Case # and Sent to Embassy

7/25/2011 - Embassy Received

7/26/2011 - Packet 3 Picked Up

7/27/2011 - Medical Exam

8/03/2011 - Interview: APPROVED!

8/10/2011 - Visa Received

8/26/2011 - POE (together at last)

9/02/2011 - Wedding! <3

AOS Journey:

09/12/2011 - Mailed AOS, EAD & AP

09/16/2011 - NOA1

10/13/2011 - Biometrics

12/08/2011 - Interview: APPROVED!

12/16/2011 - Greencard Received

Timeline

1. :blink: Seems you care ... :unsure:...seems you care very much.... soooooo... that makes you a "drama queen" :blink: ...right..? :blink:

2. Darren asked for advice and he got it. It may not be the advice he was seeking but it may be exactly the advice he needs. You posted your caring advice....and you critiqued his post(s). You're a shark? :blink:

Carry on!! Jump back on your short bus!

Timeline

Your best response is... to infer I am a remedial student? :blink:

Not much of a comeback :hehe: but... wait a sec :o ...That's a little drama queen and sharky response...Kudos! :thumbs:

Your so defensive over my comment to Darren. Why is that? Did I mention you personally?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.