Stuart and Thea

October 2011 Montreal Interviews

55 posts in this topic

may i ask what time at that day you click the web site ? morning or afternoon? thanks!

Hi bearbear,

I was checking the website around 9am, Vancouver time. The website had been shut down for maintenance, so I set my alarm for when they said it would come back online. It was late coming back up, but when it did come back online I refreshed for about 1/2 an hour and voila! It might not mean anything, but I would say pay extra attention if it's shut down for maintenance, and make sure you're there when it comes back online.

Good luck!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's crazy! I ran into other DCF'ers at the medical and their cases had taken way longer. And even when I first applied at the consulate they warned me it would be over 6mths, and probably closer to a year. I think I really lucked out with my appointment date and just logged on at the right time. I'd prepared myself for it take way longer, and now it's all happened so fast I'm not really ready to go and am having to seriously hustle! But I guess I can't complain;)

We started the process in January. I dont think it matter how long or short your wait is, ud still endup hustling and rushing around. i am. i'm ready for this but at the same time i'm not trying to pack box's and watching the days tick by, they felt so slow at the beginning and as fast as i want them to go by im also not totally ready either.

Timeline

Ok question.. the appointment letter... is that just the confirmation from the same website I booked my interview? I sure hope so! I will definitely report back when it is all done... :)

for my medical they asked for the same thing, i brought a print out of that confirmation page and my packet four with my case number on it. The receptionist only took the page from pkt4 with my case number. I'd have both just in case, better to have to many pieces of paper then not enough.

Timeline

Oh perfect! Thanks tolowyn! I thought so I just wanted to be sure and I do have both the confirmation and package 4.. one more question.. Ryan (my American fiance) can't find his birth certificate.. they don't need it for the interview though right? Just mine? Thanks in advance! 5 more days!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi bearbear,

I was checking the website around 9am, Vancouver time. The website had been shut down for maintenance, so I set my alarm for when they said it would come back online. It was late coming back up, but when it did come back online I refreshed for about 1/2 an hour and voila! It might not mean anything, but I would say pay extra attention if it's shut down for maintenance, and make sure you're there when it comes back online.

Good luck!!

dear calidreamin:

thank you for nice help.

well, the web site works very well now :(

but what did the web show when shut down? just a message saying "Maintenance"?

dear calidreamin:

thank you for nice help.

well, the web site works very well now :(

but what did the web show when shut down? just a message saying "Maintenance"?

Yeah it just said that it was down for maintenance, and would be back online at XX time.

Hang in there!

Oh perfect! Thanks tolowyn! I thought so I just wanted to be sure and I do have both the confirmation and package 4.. one more question.. Ryan (my American fiance) can't find his birth certificate.. they don't need it for the interview though right? Just mine? Thanks in advance! 5 more days!

I was never asked for my fiance's birth certificate, though I had included a copy with my original petition.

Timeline

who else is freaking out with nerves now?? omg two more days till interview, just wondering i know its on this site 8 million times but can we go over exactly what documents we need to bring to the interview and how many copies?? this is what i have is it all good? everything there?

2 photos

my Passport

Appointment/MRV Fee Receipt Email Confirmation (+ 1 copy)

My Original Birth Cert (+ 1 copy)

Criminal Record Check

I-134 (+ 1 copy)

Letter of Intent (+ 1 copy)

Employer Confirmation Letter (+ 1 copy)

Bank Savings Signed by Bank Manager (+ 1 copy)

2010 W2 (+ 1 copy)

LES May - August (+ 1 copy of each)

2010 Tax Return (No Copy too many pages)

Evidence of support (I-864, Federal individual income tax return for the most

recent tax year)

Evidence of Relationship (Photos, Phone records, Plane tickets, letters.. etc)

DS-156 (+ 1 copy)

DS-156K (+ 1 copy)

DS-160 (+ 1 copy)

DS-160 Confirmation page (+ 1 copy)

DS-230 1&2 (+ 1 copy of each)

Copy of his Birth Cert (x2)

Copy of Biographical page of his Passport

Copy of his Complete Passport

medical examination (in original sealed envolope)

Evidence of domicile in the United States

Death and/or divorce certificate

The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview

Copy of I-129F

NOA1 (+ 1 copy)

NOA2 (+ 1 copy)

Packet 3 letter (+ 1 copy)

Packet 4 Letter (+ 1 copy)

Timeline

Tolowyn,

I think you have more than enough... all we were asked for was the medical, passport, (they had photos already) I-134, W2s, birth certificate, confirmation of appointment, letter of intent. I updated my DS-230 there even though I had one filled out already.. and we have never been married so we didn't need any of that other stuff..or I-864.

But in case they ask for anything else you are already completely organized.. trust me the interview is not bad at all... it was like less than 5 min.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, that's more than enough :D That pretty much parallels everything I brought to my interview. They only asked for the bare minimum in my case, but better to be prepared in case they ask for something. The 864 is very rarely asked for from K1s at their interview- most people only bring the I-134. (I *think* the 864 is only requested if you can't prove your sponsor makes enough money to support you, or something...) Indeed the 864 usually isn't filled out until AOS.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Tolowyn,

That’s a great list and matches what I had put together for my interview in November. You have listed the medical but remember to take your chest x-ray too! 

Good list to have for others to copy so thanks for doing that.

They actually don't care about the chest x-ray, I've never heard of anyone being asked for it at their interview. I brought mine nonetheless, and when I asked if they wanted it in addition to the medical exam it was a very curt "no." I think they must tell people the same thing every day! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.