Abu and Li Li

K2 Steps | Process and How to?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I have been married for 2 months now, and she has been in the USA for 4 month total. My wife is from China, and her K1 Visa was processed through Guangzhou. Our AOS is almost complete as our final interview is scheduled to happen in about 1 month. We now want to start the K2 process to have her 12 year old son come to the USA.

Her son was part of the K1 paperwork and we were told that the process was quite simple as long as we got all going in the first year. We have his Birth Certificate (translates, certified...), Quit Claim from his Father releasing him into our custody, his school records, and other items such as family images ++

My questions are:

1. What forms do we need to complete?

2. Is this process faster than the K1 evolution?

3. Do we use my wife's A# and WAC# in our cover letter and other places to link the K1 and her sons K2 request?

If anyone has completed this process, please advise -- all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance - Brent and LiLi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

contact the consulate in guangzhou to start the process... you essentially simply fill out the visa application (ds forms) like was done for the k-1.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Typically the K2 to follow information was already on your wifes K1 application. The K2 was one year to get his visa from the date his mother got hers.He usually will have to go for an interview as well. As the poster above said, you need to contact the consulate and let them know you want to get an interview appointment. When he has his visa, he comes over and you start his AOS application. His process may take a bit less time, but don't count on it. Use any info you have from your wife to link the two together.If your wife will be going back to be with him, make sure she has her green card first.

Timeline

Hello Enigma11561 and payxibka,

Thank you for your feedback! I have sent an email to the GUZ Consulate to Set us up with an appointment. Sent all the details I could in the web form... I am sure the requires DS forms will need to be filled out and sent in for his process to continue. If you all have any other fine details I should know, please advise as it is greatly appreciated. Yeah, my wife and I will both go back with the K2 has been issued for sure - Her AOS is 99% done as of this week, so she will travel on her Green Card as you all noted.

Many thanks again -- Ill keep you all in the loop as time rolls forward :yes:

Timeline

Hello Again Enigma11561 and payxibka,

You both were exactly right ion this issue!!! I emailed the GUZ consulate, gave them all the information, + details that I felt they would need and the next day they replied that they would call and Send my Wife's son the Appointment (DS) papers. Very seamless!!

Thank you both again for the pointers!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.