maning

Has Anyone Waited OVER 5 Months For Their NOA2?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

6,5 months for us, no RFE and no explanation be given... just have to wait out for your turn. Gluck !

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

One week from now on September 26, 2011. I will reach my 5 month limit. I received my NOA1 on April 26, 2011. I have still not received an NOA2! I called my Congressman and I have to wait till Monday to hear any news from him about our NOA2.

I am just completely pissed off right now because there's no one to tell me anything on why it's delayed. If I did anything wrong I should received a RFE by now. I have not received anything! I thought I was very detailed in preparing our I-129F. I followed the guides and had a relative (fellow VJer who is in the USA now after K-1 approval) look over our paperwork with me. I double checked, triple checked, I had everything neatly organized and had a table of contents and all that #######. I guess none of that matters... because I read posts on here where people don't even follow the guides and have barely enough evidence get approved in 3-4 months.

Anyway, sorry for ranting... I have not slept well for the entire month of September because of the whole NOA2 mess. My question is...

Has anyone ever go past the 5 months limit for K-1 Visa NOA2 approvals? Did they ever give you a reason for the delay?

If you check the USCIS web site the average is 5 months. I know it stinks waiting. I'm at day 93 right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi maning, hang in there the best you can. You're dealing with a faceless bureaucracy here. The USCIS has zero accountability. Applications come in, they take your money quickly, then things just sit in boxes until someone can process them (there are detailed descriptions elsewhere on this site). There is no one to hold them to any standard. They have no reason to care, they have no reason to be productive, nor do their managers have reasons to improve their processes (which I suspect is the real productivity killer). They're getting paid well and a great pension regardless of how they work.

But, eventually, you will get your NOA2.

:yes:

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

One week from now on September 26, 2011. I will reach my 5 month limit. I received my NOA1 on April 26, 2011. I have still not received an NOA2! I called my Congressman and I have to wait till Monday to hear any news from him about our NOA2.

I am just completely pissed off right now because there's no one to tell me anything on why it's delayed. If I did anything wrong I should received a RFE by now. I have not received anything! I thought I was very detailed in preparing our I-129F. I followed the guides and had a relative (fellow VJer who is in the USA now after K-1 approval) look over our paperwork with me. I double checked, triple checked, I had everything neatly organized and had a table of contents and all that #######. I guess none of that matters... because I read posts on here where people don't even follow the guides and have barely enough evidence get approved in 3-4 months.

Anyway, sorry for ranting... I have not slept well for the entire month of September because of the whole NOA2 mess. My question is...

Has anyone ever go past the 5 months limit for K-1 Visa NOA2 approvals? Did they ever give you a reason for the delay?

Yes, many have. There is no guarantee that you will have anything in 5 months, that is a "goal" and nothing more. There is no "limit" and I do not know who told you there was one. The "goal" is established by USCIS and they can change it.

The reason is the backlog of cases

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hi maning, hang in there the best you can. You're dealing with a faceless bureaucracy here. Think of your state's DMV, at least those people issuing driver's licenses have to pretend to be productive while customers are in the waiting area. This is a million times worse. The USCIS has zero accountability. Applications come in, they take your money quickly, then things just sit in boxes until someone can process them (there are detailed descriptions elsewhere on this site). There is no one to hold them to any standard. They have no reason to care, they have no reason to be productive, nor do their managers have reasons to improve their processes (which I suspect is the real productivity killer). They're getting paid well and a great pension regardless of how they work.

But, eventually, you will get your NOA2. I'm expecting that this miserable, lifeblood sucking process will be a distant memory once my fiance lands at my local airport. Find some ways to stay busy and don't let the bastards get you down.

Basically true. It isn't like they have competition, where else are you going to go? And some people want them to run our health care!

They handle far more than K-1s and CR-1 applications and often are told to suspend production of these in favor of other types of petitions for one reason or another. It is government and politics at its best.

This will not be a memory when she lands however. The visa is the beginning, not the end. You will be dealing with the USCIS until your fiancee becomes a citizen at regular intervals and maintaining records every day for three years, at least

Be careful and keep good records of everything as you have to prove your relationship two more times, wait many more months, have biometrics appointments, interviews, and then have MORE to prove for citizenship. Years and years of USCIS fun! And many more fees to come! The I-129f fee was not even a good down payment.

Good luck. You will get your NOA2

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

This will not be a memory when she lands however. The visa is the beginning, not the end. You will be dealing with the USCIS until your fiancee becomes a citizen at regular intervals and maintaining records every day for three years, at least

The key difference being, we'll be together. Keeping paperwork, records, even paying fees, I don't really care once she's here.

Timeline

The key difference being, we'll be together. Keeping paperwork, records, even paying fees, I don't really care once she's here.

I hope that all people that go through this remember what they did to be together. The challenges of having a foreign spouse seems to weigh heavily on some people and it is difficult at times. Enjoy it, and you will always be happy.

As for me...I haven't had a bad day since Alla arrived...No matter challenging it gets, I just think "when the day is over, I will sleep naked with Alla" :D

Wait until you teach them to drive!!!!!!!!!! :o

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

:yes:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I just think "when the day is over, I will sleep naked with Alla" :D

a. TMI.

b. That's an amusing double entendre in some parts of the world. :)

Oh no, not me. I know my limits. I can fill out paperwork and dance to USCIS's tune, but for some things, I hire pros. She started driving lessons in her hometown, hopefully it will give her great survival reflexes without the bad habits of the locals. :) I suspect she'll need a few lessons here to unlearn some of the more egregious sins, but hopefully not too much.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

we waited over 5 months for our NOA2 and the reason of the delay was the FAMOUS TRANSFER FROM CSC to TSC...

My Journey to Happiness

NVC PROCESS

Mar 4, 2011 - hubby got NVC notice

April 3, 2011 - paid AOS online, emailed choice of agent

April 6, 2011 - AOS status PAID - NVC acknowledged choice of agent thru email

April 18 2011- paid IV bill online

May 18, 2011 - Send AOS Package

May 26, 2011 - Send DS230

June 1, 2011 - received email from NVC stating that our AOS lacks something is this RFE?

July 9, 2011 - mailed required docs for RFE

July 21, 2011 - called NVC and AVR said RFE again bt we havent rcvd any mail from them

Jul.21,2011- SIGN IN FAILED

Jul 24,2011-called NVC and AVR stated CASE COMPLETED on Jul 20

Aug.24-25, 2011 - Medical at st.Lukes...PASSED!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT 12, 2011 - INTERVIEW SCHED at US EM MANILA......PASSED

SEPT. 16,2011 - VISA ON HAND

..all my bags are packed im ready to go..yaaaayyyy!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope that all people that go through this remember what they did to be together. The challenges of having a foreign spouse seems to weigh heavily on some people and it is difficult at times. Enjoy it, and you will always be happy.

As for me...I haven't had a bad day since Alla arrived...No matter challenging it gets, I just think "when the day is over, I will sleep naked with Alla" :D

This is very true. You know....in all the fairy tales the heroes and heroines generally have a few trials and tribulations to overcome...and being separated for months and in some cases even a year or more certainly can test a relationship. Hopefully this is the worst we all will have to face. Sometimes this waiting can be a good thing...from one of the more popular threads for the past few days someone was able to see the true face of the person that they had gotten into a LDR with before they got here.

Gary has given some pretty good advice on the waiting...and I would repeat it. This is a good time to start thinking of the obstacles you will face in the future when your foreign spouse arrives...how will they see their new life? What cultural differences will you both face? How will they deal with leaving behind everything they hold familiar....family, friends, work, culture? That can be a journey in and of itself and taking this time that you are apart can be used to consider this...it may even help to pass the time.

On the other hand...this is exactly why I want as little goverment in my life as possible. This is indeed what will happpen to our health care or anything else that it wants to get its hands on. Imagine this process being applied to going to the doctor. I am not an alarmist but a realist. Even the post office...the only government agency to show a profit for many years is falling apart. Look at anything the government runs and you will find this seemingly endless and faceless bureaucracy that is barely accountable. Thousands of dollars and my choice of spouse is at the whim of government employees?

As I write it occurs to me that I find that having to pray that this process go smoothly to be a little at odds with the idea of the country I grew up in....but this is probably a topic for a different forum...

Food for thought....

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

YES!!! I waited 7 months...a few others that i know here have waited 10 months 11 months just for the NOA2.....Its the luck of the draw!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi maning, hang in there the best you can. You're dealing with a faceless bureaucracy here. Think of your state's DMV, at least those people issuing driver's licenses have to pretend to be productive while customers are in the waiting area. This is a million times worse. The USCIS has zero accountability. Applications come in, they take your money quickly, then things just sit in boxes until someone can process them (there are detailed descriptions elsewhere on this site). There is no one to hold them to any standard. They have no reason to care, they have no reason to be productive, nor do their managers have reasons to improve their processes (which I suspect is the real productivity killer). They're getting paid well and a great pension regardless of how they work.

But, eventually, you will get your NOA2. I'm expecting that this miserable, lifeblood sucking process will be a distant memory once my fiance lands at my local airport. Find some ways to stay busy and don't let the bastards get you down.

i totally AGREE with you on this. i feel like since USCIS have been in this business of immigration for a long time, they should be able to guess/predict when there will be backlog and hire people accordingly to deal with it. i bet a private company can do that. Secondly why can’t USCIS hire more people since there is a high demand for their services? Oh wait, i know why! - no competition/incentive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.