PalestineMyHeart

Palestinians to seek full UN membership Sept. 23

252 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

OK. Thanks.good.gif

You're welcome :D When you think about it, who would grant a nation the "right" to exist? In the case of Israel, God in the OT, I suppose, although, He seems to have changed His mind by the end of the NT. Certainly no mortal could grant such a right or take it away.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Timeline

Simple. Israel wants the Jordan River as their eastern border, and the Palestinians want the Mediterranean from Egypt to Lebanon as the western border. For a two state solution, both sides need to compromise.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

No they are not because the regime does not want to negotiate with the Palestinians. So my original question was what would be different with what we have now if they are granted statehood. It seems nothing to me but the best answer I think I received was that the Palestinians would be able to argue their case now as a recognized state. That is good. Never mind that there is still a cross roads. Thank y'all for letting me know.star_smile.gif

The Palestinians are most certainly expected to negotiate with the Government of Israel on the core issues - the occupation, the final borders, the settlements, the status of Jerusalem, and the refugees. Declaring their state will not magically end the occupation or decide the final agreement on these issues; it simply gives the Palestinians a stronger legal position from which to negotiate.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

You're welcome :D When you think about it, who would grant a nation the "right" to exist? In the case of Israel, God in the OT, I suppose, although, He seems to have changed His mind by the end of the NT. Certainly no mortal could grant such a right or take it away.

Ok I am more clear now. The stated aims are not what they seem so listen what is said. Gotcha. Thanks again.star_smile.gif

From Fiddler on the Roof, "But once in a while, can't you choose someone else?"

Timeline

The Palestinians are most certainly expected to negotiate with the Government of Israel on the core issues - the occupation, the final borders, the settlements, the status of Jerusalem, and the refugees. Declaring their state will not magically end the occupation or decide the final agreement on these issues; it simply gives the Palestinians a stronger legal position from which to negotiate.

I got it now.star_smile.gif Thanks for the patience and time spent educating me on what was before confusing me. Now I am seeing more clearly.good.gif

Timeline

Simple. Israel wants the Jordan River as their eastern border, and the Palestinians want the Mediterranean from Egypt to Lebanon as the western border. For a two state solution, both sides need to compromise.

Where is Soloman when we need him?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

The Palestinians have already recognized the State of Israel on the 1967 lines - that's a huge compromise, ceding more than half the territory that the U.N. Partition designated for the Arab State. (Israel's unilateral annexation of that additional territory in 1948 has never been internationally recognized.)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Where is Soloman when we need him?

He was doing fine till the end of the story when he pissed God off by bringing the Pagan altar into the temple.blink.gif

The Palestinians have already recognized the State of Israel on the 1967 lines - that's a huge compromise, ceding more than half the territory that the U.N. Partition designated for the Arab State. (Israel's unilateral annexation of that additional territory in 1948 has never been internationally recognized.)

OK. Negotiate for more. Ask for all of Jeruselum.good.gif

Timeline

He was doing fine till the end of the story when he pissed God off by bringing the Pagan altar into the temple.blink.gif

OK. Negotiate for more. Ask for all of Jeruselum.good.gif

It's the very nature of Jerusalem as a holy city for all three Abrahamic faiths that provides another barrier to creating secular states.

Timeline

It's the very nature of Jerusalem as a holy city for all three Abrahamic faiths that provides another barrier to creating secular states.

Then rebuilding the temple is a bad idea I take it. Building a mosque on top of the ruins was OK though.

Then rebuilding the temple is a bad idea I take it. Building a mosque on top of the ruins was OK though.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Zechariah 14:2

Timeline

The issue is, if you're secular, then holy places become interesting historical sites that can be divvied up neighborhood by neighborhood. Which of the three faiths will concede to that in Jerusalem and other places with religious significance there?

The issue is, if you're secular, then holy places become interesting historical sites that can be divvied up neighborhood by neighborhood. Which of the three faiths will concede to that in Jerusalem and other places with religious significance there?

That is why I think the UN should be moved to Jerusalem.

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Timeline

Well from what I have read of history is that the Muslims allowed full pilgrimage to Christians along with all the money to be made from it just fine. The Jews have also so far with a sometimes closing. When the crusaders took it again and again they allowed it also. So over all it looks like my religious sites are good to go no matter who takes that apple.

That is why I think the UN should be moved to Jerusalem.

Or China.good.gif