PalestineMyHeart

Palestinians to seek full UN membership Sept. 23

252 posts in this topic

lol. Was that web page an afterthought for someone or what? I like the part where it says don't take the Koran literally...like don't believe the age thing in relation to Ayisha. So now we aren't suppose to believe the writings of the Koran because of that web page? :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thread closed for review

After review this thread is re-opened with an inappropriate image and several posts meant to be insulting and baiting for a reactionary response as well as derailing the thread from its original topic removed.

Please confine your discussion to the original topic instead of trying to incite a heated argument.It's time to get back on track.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

As I said before it is always money that sootheswhistling.gif

In UN week, Saudi says to ease Palestinian crisis

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia will pay $200 million to the Palestinian Authority, the official Palestinian news agency said on Monday, funds that will ease a financial crisis faced by the authority as it prepares to apply for full U.N. membership this week.

Saudi Finance Minister Ibrahim Alassaf called Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad to tell him his government would transfer the funds, the WAFA agency reported.

A shortfall in funding from Arab states including Saudi Arabia had been identified as the cause of the crisis which has highlighted the authority's vulnerability as President Mahmoud Abbas prepares to press the Palestinians' statehood agenda at the U.N. General Assembly meeting in New York.

Last week, both the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank identified the authority's financial crisis as a danger to the state-building program which Fayyad's administration has led over the last two years.

In the last three months, the authority has twice failed to pay salaries to its 150,000 employees on time and in full.

The success of the state-building plan was one of the reasons cited by Palestinian officials for their decision to go to the United Nations, despite U.S. and Israeli opposition.

The Palestinian Authority, which exercises limited self government in parts of the Israeli-occupied West Bank, remains reliant on foreign aid to fill a deficit projected at $900 million this year.

WAFA said Alassaf called Fayyad while the Palestinian prime minister was on his way back to the Middle East from New York, where he had attended a meeting of international donors which support the Palestinian Authority.

The Fayyad plan aimed to ready the Palestinians for the establishment of an independent state in the West Bank, the Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem -- territories occupied by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.

But the U.S.-backed peace process which they hoped would yield their independence has ground to a halt -- another reason Palestinian officials give for pursuing their diplomatic step at the United Nations.

Abbas has said he will on Friday submit an application for full membership for a state of Palestine. The United States, another major donor to his administration, has said it will block such a move.

Washington says only direct talks between Israel and the Palestinians can advance the cause of peace.

Last month, Abbas appealed for Arab financial support to help the Palestinians deal with "pressures and threats" from Israel and its allies which he said were a risk to the plan to seek U.N. recognition of Palestinian statehood.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

lol. Was that web page an afterthought for someone or what? I like the part where it says don't take the Koran literally...like don't believe the age thing in relation to Ayisha. So now we aren't suppose to believe the writings of the Koran because of that web page? :unsure:

Maybe she lied about her age

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would like to take this opportunity to say something incisive and profound

:clock:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

None of this sh!t is true.

Why lock something for telling the truth? Muhammad did rape a 9 year old girl, and he started out robbing caravans and murdering people. Anyone that doesn't know that shouldn't even be posting about Islam for the reason it's a well known fact. It's not like it's a secret or something. I mean are we supposed to lie on here just to sound PC?

you sure know how to kill a good joke :)

:star:

None of this sh!t is true.

:star:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Night folks. Try not to burn the place down.

"Goodnight John Boy...good night Marry Ellen, Good night Grandpa...####### grandpa what you doing in grandma's underwear?"

sigbet.jpg

Maybe she lied about her age

eleventeen? :unsure:

I thought that was a Alaska thing only. :devil:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some might wish to discuss the Massacre of the Banu Qurayza in 627AD. The first ever recorded pogrom of Jews by Muslims, when there were barely any Muslims. Pretty grisly business, what with the beheading of hundreds of Jewish men and enslavement of the women and children. And all inspired, so they say, by the angel Gabriel whispering in the Prophet's ears. The religion of peace, as they say.

Look, I'm well aware that much of the recorded history of Jewish/Muslim relations was cordial and downright friendly. But I also know that the butchery goes back to the very beginning. And I know that the Prophet was there when it was going down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:clock:

OK Ok, don't rush me

If you are pilgriming to Mecca, and take the normal short cut through the Rub' Al-khali. and come to the Oasis called "6 palms and many rabbits"

You may find a pile of chocolate covered peanuts on the ground.

remember that you are fasting, do not eat them

Timeline

OK Ok, don't rush me

If you are pilgriming to Mecca, and take the normal short cut through the Rub' Al-khali. and come to the Oasis called "6 palms and many rabbits"

You may find a pile of chocolate covered peanuts on the ground.

remember that you are fasting, do not eat them

Good. That is because they are not chocolate covered peanuts.star_smile.gif