PalestineMyHeart

Palestinians to seek full UN membership Sept. 23

252 posts in this topic

The Palestinians have already recognized the State of Israel on the 1967 lines - that's a huge compromise, ceding more than half the territory that the U.N. Partition designated for the Arab State. (Israel's unilateral annexation of that additional territory in 1948 has never been internationally recognized.)

You might want to explain to luckytxn just exactly how and why the borders changed in 1948. You seemed to have left that important part of the story out.

Do tell please.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

That is why I think the UN should be moved to Jerusalem.

The UN is too happy where they are in NY. Putting the ICC there might be a great idea. It certainly would be convenient with all the regional despots that need tending to.

Timeline

Well from what I have read of history is that the Muslims allowed full pilgrimage to Christians along with all the money to be made from it just fine. The Jews have also so far with a sometimes closing. When the crusaders took it again and again they allowed it also. So over all it looks like my religious sites are good to go no matter who takes that apple.

Are you aware that a Muslim family has controlled the Church of the Holy Sepulchre for centuries?

No need.star_smile.gif

When several nations invade another nation not once, but on three differen't occasions and said nations get their ####### kicked, and then complain about it is amazing to most.

Fact of the matter is, the Arabs got greedy, they gambled and they lost....on more than one occasion.

It's like a gambler that loses everything in a game of craps and then ask for his money back.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

When several nations invade another nation not once, but on three differen't occasions and said nations get their ####### kicked, and then complain about it is amazing to most.

Fact of the matter is, the Arabs got greedy, they gambled and they lost....on more than one occasion.

It's like a gambler that loses everything in a game of craps and then ask for his money back.

Forgot the part where a colonial power held sway and ruled pretty much all of the Islamic area. They eventually had to retreat and drew lines willy nilly and said this is what we decree. Then guilt overcame them and they decided that the Jews needed a place of their own. The were Christians that also uses a bible that has the OT in it and realized that one of the areas they were leaving behind could be made into their old homeland. Of course there was a people there but so what? They were leaving and it wasn't there mess to handle.

Forgot the part where a colonial power held sway and ruled pretty much all of the Islamic area. They eventually had to retreat and drew lines willy nilly and said this is what we decree. Then guilt overcame them and they decided that the Jews needed a place of their own. The were Christians that also uses a bible that has the OT in it and realized that one of the areas they were leaving behind could be made into their old homeland. Of course there was a people there but so what? They were leaving and it wasn't there mess to handle.

You have to love it though when the Arabs declined the original borders, and then proceeded to invade/attack. They had 15/20 - 1 odds on their side, got their ####### kicked. They did this two more times over the next three decades with the same results and now they are unhappy with the results.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

When at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Timeline

You have to love it though when the Arabs declined the original borders, and then proceeded to invade/attack. They had 15/20 - 1 odds on their side, got their ####### kicked. They did this two more times over the next three decades with the same results and now they are unhappy with the results.

Yes and the huge resupply of armanents to keep Israel afloat that the U.S. did helped them a lot. In fact it was said it was the one reason that Israel is still around.

When at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

It has worked for me.good.gif

Yes and the huge resupply of armanents to keep Israel afloat that the U.S. did helped them a lot. In fact it was said it was the one reason that Israel is still around.

It has worked for me.good.gif

How do you think the Arabs got the tanks and planes...you don't think they manufactured them do you?

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Yes I am. They do a great job it seems also.star_smile.gif

If I remember right Saladin assigned them to be responsible for it.

Their responsibility actually goes back to the first Muslim conquest in 638, revising again when Saladin retakes Jerusalem.

Filed: Timeline

How do you think the Arabs got the tanks and planes...you don't think they manufactured them do you?

A bunch of crappy T-55's that couldn't fire downhill from prepared positions? :blink: