50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

You are right but when you closed the thread you editorialized with your own opinion and then posted a article to help explain your view more. That shut off all debate on your reasons and was heavy handed in that way. It was like saying I am right on doing this and no discussion. The info you presented was good and that article presented a new wrinkle that could have been explored better to understand more fully the reasons. If any mod is going to participate in the discussion then they should allow others the option to dispute or agree with your reasoning. Locking a thread by a mod with a short reason of a TOS violation and listing the violation is great. As it was it made you look biased which was one of the primary things we have been arguing on here in that forum.

It indeed made you look biased, which hurt your credibility as a mod. When you went on about how you don't like debate about the ME on VJ, that's really neither here nor there, coz as long as it's allowed, we're going to indulge and there's a chilling effect when a mod closes a thread just because she doesn't like the topic or the source of an article.

My work involves analysis and discussion of ME issues day after day. You told me not to act like a know it all despite my training and decades of experience in this area. So, when you come on, proclaim your expertise as a museum curator, and shut down a thread because it offends your personal views, how are you modeling the advice you gave me when I post on the basis of my expertise (w/o the power to close a thread)? You're not.

That's the point, Kathryn. We know you're a good person, but you're being really stubborn on this issue and that's not a good thing considering the power you have on this board and how often Ewok is MIA. It's time for you to hear us coz we're telling you something you need to hear.

I once said 'Goooo Israel' and a anti-Israeli 'MOD' made my post invisible. DO NOT DARE TALK GOOD OF ISRAEL OR A MOD WILL SHUN YOU.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I once said 'Goooo Israel' and a anti-Israeli 'MOD' made my post invisible. DO NOT DARE TALK GOOD OF ISRAEL OR A MOD WILL SHUN YOU.

IIRC that statement was commentary on new weapons that were being created to kill more Palestinians. Way to remove all the context.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interestingly enough, its seems that OT and PR are dying. Its been happening for a few years I guess...but today its very noticeable. Just a handful of posts today.

The trend is for things to start to slow down as the weekend approaches and remain slow over the weekend. Don't worry - it will be back up next week :yes: . As it is actually a fairly small but vocal group of active posters, when a few of them get busy elsewhere you notice the effects here.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Interestingly enough, its seems that OT and PR are dying. Its been happening for a few years I guess...but today its very noticeable. Just a handful of posts today.

Maybe employers are expecting employees to actually work, rather than socialize. :whistle:

Timeline

The trend is for things to start to slow down as the weekend approaches and remain slow over the weekend. Don't worry - it will be back up next week :yes: . As it is actually a fairly small but vocal group of active posters, when a few of them get busy elsewhere you notice the effects here.

Thanks for not locking the thread after posting.star_smile.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for not locking the thread after posting.star_smile.gif

:bonk: Smarty pants! :D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!