Hilarious Clinton

Why now's the time to buy an SUV

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dont worry be happy.. Itll be fine.. Trust me :-)

#######...

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds and they both get better mileage than an Excursion.

Then again, who really NEEDS to haul a trailer that large? They don't.

um wrong....my dad has a ford super duty diesel and the milage is about the same as that diesel excursion :P i'd imagine about the same for the sierra/chevy too.

as for anyone needing a trailer that big.......how about ranchers? or do you think they still have cattle drives to the market? :lol:

You can argue with me, or you can argue with GMC and Ford; I got that information from their websites. Unlike some people, I'm not just pulling stuff out of my ### here. :P

Or you could just buy a smaller car and tell your kids to stop kicking each other, and hike in the mountains instead of tearing them up with a Jeep.

Oh, and the PWNED bit...real mature.

You're just mad because you're wrong. It's OK I've been wrong before.

I'm sure you're wrong a lot, like you are now. However, I'm sure you're also VERY used to it.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds and they both get better mileage than an Excursion.

um wrong....my dad has a ford super duty diesel and the milage is about the same as that diesel excursion :P i'd imagine about the same for the sierra/chevy too.

as for anyone needing a trailer that big.......how about ranchers? or do you think they still have cattle drives to the market? :lol:

You can argue with me, or you can argue with GMC and Ford; I got that information from their websites. Unlike some people, I'm not just pulling stuff out of my ### here. :P

are you looking at gas engines or diesel? if you are hauling over 7,000 pounds you better have a diesel engine, and the mileage for a diesel isn't near as bad as gas. my truck is gas but the reason for that is i don't haul my trailer very often nor is the trailer at max weight very often (most it's been is about 4,000 pounds - landscaping bricks).

btw, that excursion i was referencing above, it's dead in nebraska. transmission problems while hauling that trailer (which is 10,500 pounds). current mileage on the excursion is in the upper 70k, i can only imagine how quickly a gas powered v-10 would have died had it been used. :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

are you looking at gas engines or diesel? if you are hauling over 7,000 pounds you better have a diesel engine, and the mileage for a diesel isn't near as bad as gas. my truck is gas but the reason for that is i don't haul my trailer very often nor is the trailer at max weight very often (most it's been is about 4,000 pounds - landscaping bricks).

btw, that excursion i was referencing above, it's dead in nebraska. transmission problems while hauling that trailer (which is 10,500 pounds). current mileage on the excursion is in the upper 70k, i can only imagine how quickly a gas powered v-10 would have died had it been used. :P

You know, they don't sell Ford Excursions in the UK yet farmers still manage to get their cattle to auction. I guess they're using magic to transport them.

Timeline

You know, they don't sell Ford Excursions in the UK yet farmers still manage to get their cattle to auction. I guess they're using magic to transport them.

cattle ranching in the uk? oh please. if that's anything like a dutch cattle rancher, it's two cows :lol:

it's not uncommon here to see a 1 ton pickup with a 5th wheel trailer hauling 12 cattle to the sale barn. i seriously doubt that in the uk you'd have a "rancher" doing the same.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

cattle ranching in the uk? oh please. if that's anything like a dutch cattle rancher, it's two cows :lol:

it's not uncommon here to see a 1 ton pickup with a 5th wheel trailer hauling 12 cattle to the sale barn. i seriously doubt that in the uk you'd have a "rancher" doing the same.

Well gee, I live here and I know what I've seen. *smirk*

Timeline

Well gee, I live here and I know what I've seen. *smirk*

ok, so how does the uk cattle rancher get the cattle to market? load them one at a time in their citroen? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

they should just let all folks who can to telecommute. :thumbs:

that would leave enough room and gasoline for any kind of vehicle.

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

ok, so how does the uk cattle rancher get the cattle to market? load them one at a time in their citroen? :lol:

CowCar.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

CowCar.jpg

New Movie?? "Driving Miss Bessie"??

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Nope, they use trailers. But they don't haul them behind Expeditions. My husband's grandparents live on a farm. :lol:

Timeline

Nope, they use trailers. But they don't haul them behind Expeditions. My husband's grandparents live on a farm. :lol:

1 - how many cattle at a time?

2- how far to the market?

it would not be unusual for a rancher to drive a 100 mile trip to sell off a dozen cows here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

1 - how many cattle at a time?

2- how far to the market?

it would not be unusual for a rancher to drive a 100 mile trip to sell off a dozen cows here.

I suppose I could ask but I think I've made my point, i.e. you do not need an Excursion to tow 10,000 pounds. I wouldn't think an Excursion would be overly practical on a ranch anyway. You pretty much never see gigantic luxury SUVs on farms here, mostly because it would just be SILLY.

Timeline
I suppose I could ask but I think I've made my point, i.e. you do not need an Excursion to tow 10,000 pounds. I wouldn't think an Excursion would be overly practical on a ranch anyway. You pretty much never see gigantic luxury SUVs on farms here, mostly because it would just be SILLY.

actually, no, you have not. the only vehicles that can match it's performance in towing get about the same mileage............i.e. a f-350 (diesel) and so on. i'm looking for something that gets over 18-19 mpg and has a towing capacity of at least 10,500 pounds.

yes, an excursion would not be practical on a ranch, but given the situation of having a large trailer, which was previously mentioned, do you know of any car that can replace it?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *