Hilarious Clinton

Why now's the time to buy an SUV

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I suppose I could ask but I think I've made my point, i.e. you do not need an Excursion to tow 10,000 pounds. I wouldn't think an Excursion would be overly practical on a ranch anyway. You pretty much never see gigantic luxury SUVs on farms here, mostly because it would just be SILLY.

actually, no, you have not. the only vehicles that can match it's performance in towing get about the same mileage............i.e. a f-350 (diesel) and so on. i'm looking for something that gets over 18-19 mpg and has a towing capacity of at least 10,500 pounds.

yes, an excursion would not be practical on a ranch, but given the situation of having a large trailer, which was previously mentioned, do you know of any car that can replace it?

I already mentioned two, which you've strategically ignored.

Like I said, next time I chat with my husband's grandparents I may ask them how they get their livestock to market. However, I already know the answer to that question.

Someone ELSE comes and collects them. It's a business. That way they don't have to have the overhead, or hassle, of having such large vehicles on their property.

Nootch.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I suppose I could ask but I think I've made my point, i.e. you do not need an Excursion to tow 10,000 pounds. I wouldn't think an Excursion would be overly practical on a ranch anyway. You pretty much never see gigantic luxury SUVs on farms here, mostly because it would just be SILLY.

actually, no, you have not. the only vehicles that can match it's performance in towing get about the same mileage............i.e. a f-350 (diesel) and so on. i'm looking for something that gets over 18-19 mpg and has a towing capacity of at least 10,500 pounds.

yes, an excursion would not be practical on a ranch, but given the situation of having a large trailer, which was previously mentioned, do you know of any car that can replace it?

Like I said, next time I chat with my husband's grandparents I may ask them how they get their livestock to market. However, I already know the answer to that question.

Someone ELSE comes and collects them. It's a business. That way they don't have to have the overhead, or hassle, of having such large vehicles on their property.

Nootch.

A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds? perhaps so. IF equipped with a diesel engine and they get about the same milage as an excursion. so i fail to see how that can be a significant savings......the excursion 4x4 can go up to what was it, 12,000 pounds? the example i cited was a trailer of 10,500 which is the weight of the trailer being towed by someone i know who has an excursion (which, btw is dead at a ford dealer's right now for transmission problems).

you indicated from a way back in this thread that there was plenty of vehicles that could take the place of an excursion, i've seen the possible offerings of two. i'll take a look at the dealer websites on a sierra and super duty and see what the mileage and capacity is for those. i seriously doubt that either one offers even a marginal difference as compared to an excursion mpg wise.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Nootch.

A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds? perhaps so. IF equipped with a diesel engine and they get about the same milage as an excursion. so i fail to see how that can be a significant savings......the excursion 4x4 can go up to what was it, 12,000 pounds? the example i cited was a trailer of 10,500 which is the weight of the trailer being towed by someone i know who has an excursion (which, btw is dead at a ford dealer's right now for transmission problems).

you indicated from a way back in this thread that there was plenty of vehicles that could take the place of an excursion, i've seen the possible offerings of two. i'll take a look at the dealer websites on a sierra and super duty and see what the mileage and capacity is for those. i seriously doubt that either one offers even a marginal difference as compared to an excursion mpg wise.

Well Chuckie, I don't want to be rude but I have something called 'a life.' I actually live with my SO, and I have better things to do than to spend the evening searching the web for the towing capacity of every truck and SUV on the market just to win a pissing contest with a complete stranger on the internet. You implied that the Excursion was the only vehicle capable of towing that trailer. I told you it wasn't. Now you're not satisfied because I didn't list EVERY SINGLE vehicle on planet Earth capable of it?

Might I suggest you read a book? Watch a television show? Walk the dog?

Edited by homesick_american

LOL. you win Charles.

Charles- 1

Humorless liberal-0

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
Well Chuckie, I don't want to be rude but I have something called 'a life.' I actually live with my SO, and I have better things to do than to spend the evening searching the web for the towing capacity of every truck and SUV on the market just to win a pissing contest with a complete stranger on the internet. You implied that the Excursion was the only vehicle capable of towing that trailer. I told you it wasn't. Now you're not satisfied because I didn't list EVERY SINGLE vehicle on planet Earth capable of it?

ya know, i was making an honest effort there to have an adult debate and here you go wandering off into slanderville, population: you. as i'm at work, i obviously don't have the ability to watch a tv show or walk a dog, now do i? now take your sarcasm and park it just beyond neptune. now since you've bailed out for your "life" i'll recap all of this for you in your absence.

i've looked at the gmc and ford websites. it's difficult to find gas mileage rankings but it can be done. what i've found is don't even try anything less than a superduty ford 250 with the v-10 (which will make the point of gas mileage better than the diesel excursion moot) although a diesel f-350 would work about the same.

with a gmc sierra start with a duramax diesel 2500HD, but again no difference in mpg when compared to the excursion. yes, these vehicles are able to pull that trailer yet cannot beat the excursion in mpg. if you are foolish enough to think a v-6 or v-8 is gonna pull that trailer for long, go try it sometime. have a tow truck following you ;)

any gasoline engined pickup cannot match or exceed the diesel excursion in mpg or towing capacity. if you want the towing capacity in a gas engined pickup, you'll want the v-10 version, which then makes the mpg issue moot. even diesel pickups as those mentioned above only match the diesel excursion.

you started off with stating there was a bunch of them that could do this. so far i've seen two, but there is no difference in mileage! the only ones that can match it have the same mileage and are equipped the same (diesel engine). the only difference is the body of the vehicle - pickup body versus classic "suburban body." so what's the point? perhaps it's just your personal dislike of the vehicle shining thru.

furthermore, reread your statements of:

--"Are you honestly trying to tell me that an Excursion gets 18mpg? Bullshit!"

(not trying to, i am telling you. perhaps you've been reading only about the gas version of this vehicle?)

--"You don't need an Excursion to haul a 12,000 pound trailer...so I wouldn't have good things to say, no. Nobody NEEDS an SUV. If you must haul a 12,0000 pound trailer, there are vehicles that are much better suited to the job and waste less gas in daily usage than a Ford Excursion."

(proven above in my 2nd and 3rd to be false).

--"5.) "I haul a trailer." Pickup trucks usually have better torque than SUVs and while many pickup trucks have obscenely poor gas mileage, many are better on average than an SUV. In actuality, you don't really need an SUV to haul a trailer anyway; if you only do it occasionally, you're better off financially renting a powerful truck to do the hauling than you are owning a vehicle capable of hauling something that heavy."

(were you aware that the excursion is built on a f-250/350 body and essentially has the same drive train and such - just a different body style? so much for that better torque if you were trying to use that as an arguement against an excursion.)

--"Plenty of other vehicles. Excusions are the biggest gas-wasting pieces of ####### Ford ever produced."

(if gas engine, i'll agree that it is one of the biggest. but the diesel version i disagree on)

in summary, i find it humorous that your bias towards the excursion permits you to make wild claims like the excursion is the biggest gas waster......my dad's f-250 and my co-worker's excursion match each other in mpg in diesel based on real life use. ergo, your statement of "A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds and they both get better mileage than an Excursion." is quite false. also do try keep in mind that you're comparing stated milage on the website to actual milage i'm telling you about, and everyone knows that claimed mileage by the manufacturer is usually higher than reality.

cya!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

ya know, i was making an honest effort there to have an adult debate and here you go wandering off into slanderville, population: you. as i'm at work, i obviously don't have the ability to watch a tv show or walk a dog, now do i? now take your sarcasm and park it just beyond neptune. now since you've bailed out for your "life" i'll recap all of this for you in your absence.

i've looked at the gmc and ford websites. it's difficult to find gas mileage rankings but it can be done. what i've found is don't even try anything less than a superduty ford 250 with the v-10 (which will make the point of gas mileage better than the diesel excursion moot) although a diesel f-350 would work about the same.

with a gmc sierra start with a duramax diesel 2500HD, but again no difference in mpg when compared to the excursion. yes, these vehicles are able to pull that trailer yet cannot beat the excursion in mpg. if you are foolish enough to think a v-6 or v-8 is gonna pull that trailer for long, go try it sometime. have a tow truck following you ;)

any gasoline engined pickup cannot match or exceed the diesel excursion in mpg or towing capacity. if you want the towing capacity in a gas engined pickup, you'll want the v-10 version, which then makes the mpg issue moot. even diesel pickups as those mentioned above only match the diesel excursion.

you started off with stating there was a bunch of them that could do this. so far i've seen two, but there is no difference in mileage! the only ones that can match it have the same mileage and are equipped the same (diesel engine). the only difference is the body of the vehicle - pickup body versus classic "suburban body." so what's the point? perhaps it's just your personal dislike of the vehicle shining thru.

furthermore, reread your statements of:

--"Are you honestly trying to tell me that an Excursion gets 18mpg? Bullshit!"

(not trying to, i am telling you. perhaps you've been reading only about the gas version of this vehicle?)

--"You don't need an Excursion to haul a 12,000 pound trailer...so I wouldn't have good things to say, no. Nobody NEEDS an SUV. If you must haul a 12,0000 pound trailer, there are vehicles that are much better suited to the job and waste less gas in daily usage than a Ford Excursion."

(proven above in my 2nd and 3rd to be false).

--"5.) "I haul a trailer." Pickup trucks usually have better torque than SUVs and while many pickup trucks have obscenely poor gas mileage, many are better on average than an SUV. In actuality, you don't really need an SUV to haul a trailer anyway; if you only do it occasionally, you're better off financially renting a powerful truck to do the hauling than you are owning a vehicle capable of hauling something that heavy."

(were you aware that the excursion is built on a f-250/350 body and essentially has the same drive train and such - just a different body style? so much for that better torque if you were trying to use that as an arguement against an excursion.)

--"Plenty of other vehicles. Excusions are the biggest gas-wasting pieces of ####### Ford ever produced."

(if gas engine, i'll agree that it is one of the biggest. but the diesel version i disagree on)

in summary, i find it humorous that your bias towards the excursion permits you to make wild claims like the excursion is the biggest gas waster......my dad's f-250 and my co-worker's excursion match each other in mpg in diesel based on real life use. ergo, your statement of "A GMC Sierra and a Ford Super Duty could haul 10,000 pounds and they both get better mileage than an Excursion." is quite false. also do try keep in mind that you're comparing stated milage on the website to actual milage i'm telling you about, and everyone knows that claimed mileage by the manufacturer is usually higher than reality.

cya!

Obsess much?

Timeline
Obsess much?

yawn -_-

* ~ * Charles * ~ *