Oneness

My fience was denied

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good question, seems like the direction I would expect them to go.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would have had no reason to petition any of my past wives

I believe the question to you if you ever petitioned for your ex wife was due to the fact if you did and did not disclose this info on the form, and or submit a divorce decree that marriage was terminated, that could be a reason for a denial.

I would have had no reason to petition any of my past wives

You had said they'd have a record of your 2nd divorce, that is what made me think either #2 or #3 was an immigrant. How would an embassy know your divorces otherwise? How do you think they knew?

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

I would question how the subject of a "missing divorce" would come up at this time, unless your fiancee' brought it to their attention during the interview, BECAUSE she's had cold feet and she MAY have sabotaged her own interview. From what I've read on previous accounts of interviews, they don't get that in depth. I omitted the divorce papers from my first marriage (of two previous) and an RFE was requested before the NOA2 was granted.

...That is IF she actually showed up for the interview. Perhaps her having 2nd thoughts is a good sign that you've avoided a potential fourth divorce down the line. If she still doesn't want to answer your calls, I'd be prepared to move on. Sorry to hear about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I would question how the subject of a "missing divorce" would come up at this time, unless your fiancee' brought it to their attention during the interview, BECAUSE she's had cold feet and she MAY have sabotaged her own interview. From what I've read on previous accounts of interviews, they don't get that in depth. I omitted the divorce papers from my first marriage (of two previous) and an RFE was requested before the NOA2 was granted.

...That is IF she actually showed up for the interview. Perhaps her having 2nd thoughts is a good sign that you've avoided a potential fourth divorce down the line. If she still doesn't want to answer your calls, I'd be prepared to move on. Sorry to hear about this.

if you read previous posts the OP says that he got a reason from the embassy for the refusal to issue a visa so his fiancee must of shown up. also all it would take is for the CO to ask the fiancee if she knew he had been married twice before and for her to think he was trying to catch her out and she has answered with the truth that it was actually 3 times.

the guy is having a hard time and for you to suggest that his fiancee is a liar is low and rather insulting to the both of them!!!!

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You had said they'd have a record of your 2nd divorce, that is what made me think either #2 or #3 was an immigrant. How would an embassy know your divorces otherwise? How do you think they knew?

question from CO... "did you know your fiance has been married twice before"??

truthful answer from fiancee... "he has been married 3 times"

maybe thats how they found out???

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

OK now here is the big question .. how do i deal with an upset fience

She loves you this is an emotional process a small bump in the long road ahead. I doubt she will bail, if she does it saved you on divorce number 4. This is a small rain shower to get through compared to the storms of life you will face together in marriage. <-(the proceeding was just my 2cent)

But as to your question what to do..

Post some flowers with a sweet poem get on your job with the papers and enjoy life :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where do you get the 2 weeks from?

She seems to have jumped the gun on a lot of issues that should only be done after she has a visa in hand.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...

if you read previous posts the OP says that he got a reason from the embassy for the refusal to issue a visa so his fiancee must of shown up. also all it would take is for the CO to ask the fiancee if she knew he had been married twice before and for her to think he was trying to catch her out and she has answered with the truth that it was actually 3 times.

the guy is having a hard time and for you to suggest that his fiancee is a liar is low and rather insulting to the both of them!!!!

With all due respect, I mean no harm nor disrespect to these folks' demise, nor to "insult" anyone. I apologize if that is the tone that's read from my posting. Most of this process is nothing but a paper-chase and certain points are flagged before they get to the next step. I experienced a RFE when I omitted my 1st divorce papers, although I included the date with the original application.

There are plenty of posts on this website where the spouses experienced regret after immigration takes place. I am only speculating that PERHAPS this took place before she compeleted the "visa-journey". From the immidiate info giving, it's not impossible, nor "low-blow" to consider. Instead of working on a resolve, the "intended" cut off communication and it appears to be the "end of it" as far as the postings go. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. My two-cents won't matter, either way. The insult is her not communicating with him, not my observation of the affair. I hope the best for them, if works out together or if they have to move on, separately.

I have still been thinking about what you said now that the smoke has calmed down.

How does a K1 129 fvisa make it to the embbasy without getting a rtf from the home state.

What is accually checked before the petition is sent to the embassy, it would have been a little less enbarasing on my fiancee if I would have been given an rtf 3 months ago

Where do you get the 2 weeks from?

She seems to have jumped the gun on a lot of issues that should only be done after she has a visa in hand.

The smoke has settled down quite a lot and I am sorry to anyone I have offended.

After the interview she was extreamly upset and embarrased. The only thing communicated to me was I didn't get it. After asking why I did not put down second wife on the form. ((click)) That is when I got all you fine folks in a stire. I stayed waiting by the phone to find out the direction she wanted to go. After her answer I got a cert copy of the "D" and had it global expressed. She shiped her animals as planned. Got the post and sent it off with DX Embbasy curior. However I still had problems understanding because things did not add up (she wasn't giving me full details and i didn't push. She said a few things that did not make sence and maybe that is a cultural differnce. We have smoothed things out a little, but she is still very disapointed, upset and hurt. Well through humbling communication and research I have come to find out she was approved pending divorse documentation sent to the Embassy. So the Embassy has a new form 160, my divorce doc from #2 and her passport.

Where does she get the two weeks?

Statements from the

US Embassy London

http://london.usembassy.gov/administrative_processing.html

Send Passport (PPT): You are required to submit your passport for issuance of the visa. Submit your passport through the Embassy's contract courier service, DX Secure. You may arrange a collection by visiting their website at http://www.thedx.co.uk/.

Processed: The visa has been issued, or the case is closed and no action can be taken at this time. If the visa is issued, it will be returned within approximately 5 workdays by DX Secure, the Embassy's contact courier service.

You can track the progress of your passport, once it has been handed to DX Secure, on-line by visiting www.thedx.co.uk/tracking. You will need your invoice number and the postcode quoted on the invoice. Reminder: Your passport will not be handed to the courier company until the Nonimmigrant Visa Section has processed your application. If your passport has not been handed to the courier company, you will receive a message saying "Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again".

DX Group US Embassy service - FAQs

www.thedx.co.uk/tracking

Line 18

I have been notified that the Embassy is ready to issue the visa; how long will this take?

Visa processing takes approximately 10-15 workdays from the date on which the Non-Immigrant Visa Unit receives the passport.

and

Goldstein & Lee, P.C. Law Firm

http://www.goldsteinvisa.com/london-visa.html

Applicants whose non-immigrant visa applications are refused because the Embassy has determined that more documentation is required to adjudicate the application must provide the additional documentation along with their passport via SMS. It generally takes between 10 to 15 days for processing once the missing documents have been submitted.

LESSON HAS BEEN LEARNED BY ALL THIS

Complete honesty no short cuts because this is only round one out of ??

Other comments made in this forum have been taken to heart

Oh and yes we are waiting to book till visa is in hand

Thanks again with humility

D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

not to derail the thread but there WAS a case on here where a guy had a russian/ukranian fiancee who said she didn't get it and I think something about needing more money for something. She forwarded him the "denial email" from the embassy and noticed that the email address wasn't quite right. He CALLED the embassy to find out she never attended the interview. On further looking the email was dated wrong, the email address was wrong and the sentence structure and spelling was bad.

So while yes it's best to assume it's all on the up-and-up, there HAVE been cases where the emails have been faked. In the OP's case he email them so he was sure it was right.. but you can't be too careful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.