PalestineMyHeart

Saudis sound warning on blocking Palestinian statehood

157 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

This is what I hear some of you saying about Israel's military prowess: "Israel came out on top against this little rocket lobbing group some time ago. They kick A$$"

How does that translate into taking on most of the countries in the region, not to mention some outside of it and winning in this hypothetical scenario we're discussing? It sounds to me like the myth of super nation creates a complacency that won't serve Israel well when the rubber meets the road.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This is what I hear some of you saying about Israel's military prowess: "Israel came out on top against this little rocket lobbing group some time ago. They kick A$$"

How does that translate into taking on most of the countries in the region, not to mention some outside of it and winning in this hypothetical scenario we're discussing? It sounds to me like the myth of super nation creates a complacency that won't serve Israel well when the rubber meets the road.

You can hope.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Yes and I am sure that Israel will take their nukes UNUSED with them.blink.gif

Samson Option

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under."

-Martin van Creveld

(The "mad dog" analogy was probably not very well thought out, as everyone pretty much knows the standard procedure of dealing with rabid animals.)

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

This is what I hear some of you saying about Israel's military prowess: "Israel came out on top against this little rocket lobbing group some time ago. They kick A$"

All we have is history showing us that they will. The surrounding countries have not shown us that they can do squat against Israel. Now since the great and glorious combined military effort that failed miserably last time Israel now has nukes. I can't see them not using them if the situation became dire enough to where they were about to be wiped off the face of the earth. So who would they use the nukes against? Probably every countries capitals that raised a hand against them. That would be pretty much the whole ME.

The one thing ME has though is that they would go to heaven and get virgins and the Jews would go to heaven.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The one thing ME has though is that they would go to heaven and get virgins and the Jews would go to heaven.

Where they'd still hate each other.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

It ain't much, but I guess when that's all you have to go on, that's what you go on.

All we have is history showing us that they will. The surrounding countries have not shown us that they can do squat against Israel. Now since the great and glorious combined military effort that failed miserably last time Israel now has nukes. I can't see them not using them if the situation became dire enough to where they were about to be wiped off the face of the earth. So who would they use the nukes against? Probably every countries capitals that raised a hand against them. That would be pretty much the whole ME.

Timeline

It ain't much, but I guess when that's all you have to go on, that's what you go on.

Yes or they can try to somehow find common ground and try for peace. The trend has been started to go away from Israel and toward the Palestinians so given time maybe (but unlikely in my opinion) they will just try.

Timeline

Where they'd still hate each other.

The Muslims would be so preoccupied banging virgins that I doubt they will have the energy to hate. The Jews would just settle down and dance and eat and be tired too. Win win all around.star_smile.gif

Timeline

It has been almost 2 generations since Israel last won a war. I posted the analysis of Israel's last tangle with a well-organized, well-equipped force (the 2006 encounter with Hezbollah) published by the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center Combat Studies Institute. Interestingly, not a single person here who had been extolling Israel's military prowess even commented on it. Maybe they didn't read it, but the conclusion was essentially: "The IDF has grown soft and over-confident from decades of enforcing their occupation of the Palestinians." The U.S. Army was actually studying it as a textbook case in how *not* to run a war.

Here it is again for all you military buffs, in case anyone missed it. It's a fascinating read:

http://carl.army.mil/download/csipubs/matthewsOP26.pdf

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

It has been almost 2 generations since Israel last won a war. I posted the analysis of Israel's last tangle with a well-organized, well-equipped force (the 2006 encounter with Hezbollah) published by the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center Combat Studies Institute. Interestingly, not a single person here who had been extolling Israel's military prowess even commented on it. Maybe they didn't read it, but the conclusion was essentially: "The IDF has grown soft and over-confident from decades of enforcing their occupation of the Palestinians." The U.S. Army was actually studying it as a textbook case in how *not* to run a war.

Here it is again for all you military buffs, in case anyone missed it. It's a fascinating read:

You keep telling yourself that ok. Arabs aren't known for their fighting prowess nor their organizational skills. T.E. Lawrence is dead.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

http://carl.army.mil...atthewsOP26.pdf

If they are so soft then the countries should combine again and attack Israel off the face of the earth. The combined countries right now are in crisis pretty much so they all will need time individually to get their act together. Israel on the other hand is surrounded by hostile countries and have been and are focused on this threat. They train always on the different strategies to defeat this threat. I would still give Israel the odds as it stands now.

Timeline

Don't be disappointed. Talk about virgins and dreams of nuclear destruction is all they have. Serious analysis is beyond the scope of public education.

Timeline

You keep telling yourself that ok. Arabs aren't known for their fighting prowess nor their organizational skills. T.E. Lawrence is dead.

I take it you didn't read the report. Because it is not "my" analysis, but that of the U.S. Army.

The truth hurts !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

If they are so soft then the countries should combine again and attack Israel off the face of the earth. The combined countries right now are in crisis pretty much so they all will need time individually to get their act together. Israel on the other hand is surrounded by hostile countries and have been and are focused on this threat. They train always on the different strategies to defeat this threat. I would still give Israel the odds as it stands now.

It's not at all as simple as it might seem. I hope you have the time or interest to read the report - it is from a military perspective, rather than a PR/marketing perspective (which is what you get from the IDF spokespeople and the Israeli Foreign Ministry.)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Don't be disappointed. Talk about virgins and dreams of nuclear destruction is all they have. Serious analysis is beyond the scope of public education.

Cartoons are so much easier to understand than all that scholarly #######.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015