Apple & Wil

How did you pop the BIG Question (proposal)?

11 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I am looking for suggestions on a romantic proposal. Got any? How would you want to be proposed to ?

Thanks.

Wilfred

08/03/2011 Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lock Box

08/19/2011 K-1 Package received at Dallas Lock Box

08/23/2011 Application received/Routed to California Service Center NOA1 Sent.

08/29/2011 Called USCIS request for Expedited Processing (Military)

08/31/2011 Email from USCIS...Expedite Approved!!

08/31/2011 Email from USCIS 2-1/2 hours later...I-129f Approved!!!

08/31/2011 NVC Received

09/02/2011 Package left NVC via diplomatic pouch.

09/14/2011 Package received at U.S. Embassy in Kazakhstan

09/15/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/16/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/17/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/18/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/19/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/20/2011 Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!!

09/21/2011 STILL Waiting for Packet 3 & 4!! Sent an email to Kazakhstan Embassy asking where it is.

09/22/2011 FINALLY received Packet 3 & 4 email at about 4:30pm to my (Petitioner's) email address and not Enn's.

10/25/2011 Visa Interview date!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi There,

I am looking for suggestions on a romantic proposal. Got any? How would you want to be proposed to ?

Thanks.

Wilfred

I proposed to Jane while we were camping in the Blue Ridge mountains. Find a place that is special to both of you and try to make it a surprise.

http://fragg.me/video/stunt-marriage-proposal how about falling off a building? :P

Though, seriously, make it personalized - at an activity you do together, at a place or activity she always wanted to do, or a place that is special to you (where you first met, etc).

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do it at a major sporting event in front of thousands of people. Guaranteed to work.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

During one of Debs' visits to the UK, we took an overnight trip to Paris. After dinner we took a walk to the Eiffel tower and I proposed on the banks of the River Seine with the tower all lit up behind us.

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We are already planning our life together and I (the female) asked him in March (he had been humming the wedding song that morning, which, of course, freaked me out completely. I thought about it all day and then just "demanded" later that afternoon, "Marry me!" I couldn't wait another minute.).

But, I do want a public "announcement" of sorts. This is my plan.

I'll be flying there in October. In the airport, outside of the baggage area where the zillions of family/friends wait for incoming flights, I'll "show" him and the world. I will be making a series of cardboard signs. One will have "yes" and "no" on alternate sides. I'll hand him that one first. Then I'll take the rest and hold them up, one by one for him to read and show me his answer.

1st: You know that you are very special, right?

2nd: You know that I love you, right?

3rd: You love me too, right?

4th: I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

5th: Will you come home to Texas with me?

6th: Marry me!!!!!

I haven't decided exactly how I'll do this yet, but I know the layout of the area and with a crowd around, I am betting that he will get all the congratulations and attention possible.

I can hardly wait!

Whatever you do, DON'T ask while y'all are in bed. That is reserved for teenager who are sneaking around and hiding or hookers. It shows no respect for your partner in life.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone,

I appreciate all of your various imaginative ways to propose. I finally proposed to my girlfriend last night in a restaurant. One of the main objective was to take many pictures for our VISA application (K-1) that is in process right now. We made sure her parents were with us as well as her sister and family,some of her cousing's families and a couple of good friends. We took videos and took many pictures of everyone there so that she has those pictures when she goes for her interview. I don't speak Chinese so it was difficult to find a good classy restaurant so I am lucky her father took us around to see several restaurants to choose from. It was a nice place so I am happy and my fiancee is very happy. So she helped me plan her proposal but what she was surprised was that I had bought the proposal diamond ring and wedding band ring which and put this wedding band ring in a box at the top of the box so she would only see this small box first ( the diamond ring was in a separate box below and hidden by some paper) and she thought it was only the plain wedding band that she was getting but when I showed her the other box which contained the much nicer 1 ct ring , she was super happy after thinking she was only going to get the single wedding band. She and everyone couldn't stop raving how beautiful her diamond proposal ring was and she was SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY , and still is today. So she had a small surprise in the process too and she said it was worth the wait of me deciding how I was going to go my proposal. I kept delaying it saying that I was thinking on how to do it.

Thanks again. for your suggestions which were all great.

Wilfred

Congratulations Wil! :)

Whatever you do, DON'T ask while y'all are in bed. That is reserved for teenager who are sneaking around and hiding or hookers. It shows no respect for your partner in life.

:blink:

My husband proposed from bed - he hadn't planned to, but he was too excited to wait a moment longer! I thought his enthusiasm was really cute, and didn't mind at all.

Mind you, I also knew it was coming, as we'd agreed to get married together months previously (but he still wanted to 'propose' with a ring).

I'd have HATED any kind of public proposal. I told him if he dared propose in a restaurant or anywhere where other people were around I'd say no! He and I are both pretty shy. But each to their own! We know that what works for us wouldn't work for many other people, and it doesn't mean that I think other people's proposal stories are anything other than sweet. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Hi There,

Thanks.

Wilfred

marriageproposal.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.