ChodeKat

Is our case lost?!?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm starting to get very frustrated that our case does not show up on the USCIS case status website and every time I call the service center they don't seem to have any information and nobody understands why our case isn't showing up online. The service center informed us in April when we filed that it should only take a few weeks and our case would be online, but here we are well into September and we haven't heard anything. I've noticed that people who filed their K-1's a month after us have already received an NOA2 but we haven't.

I'm starting to wonder if our case has been lost or if having a lawyer makes something look bad? Either way we had planned a wedding for November which we have now canceled due to the slow processing times and I am 2.5 months pregnant. Does anyone have any advice for what we should do next?

2 weeks ago when I called I was transferred to a higher level of customer service and the nice man submitted a work order to have our information put online and gave me a ticket number but apparently that didn't do anything either. :(

Thanks for your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you put in a service request its 30 days waiting for them to do something. Its been 2 weeks for you. Wait the 30 days and call them again if nothing happens and request another service request.

The USC can contact their congress person about this too and have them inquire about the case.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I'm starting to get very frustrated that our case does not show up on the USCIS case status website and every time I call the service center they don't seem to have any information and nobody understands why our case isn't showing up online. The service center informed us in April when we filed that it should only take a few weeks and our case would be online, but here we are well into September and we haven't heard anything. I've noticed that people who filed their K-1's a month after us have already received an NOA2 but we haven't.

I'm starting to wonder if our case has been lost or if having a lawyer makes something look bad? Either way we had planned a wedding for November which we have now canceled due to the slow processing times and I am 2.5 months pregnant. Does anyone have any advice for what we should do next?

2 weeks ago when I called I was transferred to a higher level of customer service and the nice man submitted a work order to have our information put online and gave me a ticket number but apparently that didn't do anything either. :(

Thanks for your time.

Did you ask the higher level (second tier officer) if your case has been accepted into the system and is being processed? It probably has but the 2nd tier people can get computer access and give you the same case status that you should have been able to see online. About your case status not showing up, for some people it just doesn't show up, somebody or something probably screwed up from the beginning.

I would call again and ask for a second tier person and ask him to check the status of your case in the system. Knowing that is important. Good luck.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You can also set up an appointment with the local USCIS office using the InfoPass. I did that before and helped me to know the status of my application.

Good Luck.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

Every time I call my call is escalated to the second tier of service which sometimes access the computer logs and sometimes they are jerks. The last person told me that they have not had any documentation that our case has even been touched since April when we got our NOA1. He also told me not to wait a whole month but to only wait 2 weeks because my case should have been adjudicated by now. The man was very intrigued and seemed shocked that my case was still 'just sitting there'.

Every time I call my call is escalated to the second tier of service which sometimes access the computer logs and sometimes they are jerks. The last person told me that they have not had any documentation that our case has even been touched since April when we got our NOA1. He also told me not to wait a whole month but to only wait 2 weeks because my case should have been adjudicated by now. The man was very intrigued and seemed shocked that my case was still 'just sitting there'.

So I'm confused is your case in the system or not. I guess from the above that it is in the system. I believe you're case is eligible to be expedited at the end of September as 5 months is the stated average and you will be 6 months at the end of September. Either that or they are doing extra name checks on you.

P.S. If they don't let you know at the end of September then you need to contact a congressman and ask them to find out what is going on.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for your time.

I highly doubt it has been lost, that is extremely rare.

Waiting for more than 5 months and not getting any solid answers, on the other hand, is extremely common.

DO NOT make any further plans until a visa is in your hand. There can be numerous and varied delays at any time for any reason and for no reason. The baby will be born whether ypu have a visa or not, it should not affect the birth. It will certainly not affect the visa. If you are 5 months in on the petition, there is a pretty good chance you will get the visa before the baby is born.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I contacted my congressman last night and got this email today from USCUS about the ticket I filed on Aug, 30.

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.