Nagishkaw

Update on the denial

163 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most people here are traveling to the Middle East or North Africa which is expensive also. It cost me 1600$ last summer to fly to Morocco.

That would be my contention but someone else on here claims it's dirt cheap to fly from Europe to Egypt.

It is dirt cheap to fly to Egypt from the UK, and since you allege it's SO cheap to fly from the US to Europe, surely even adding the two together would not be unsurmountable. So, she could visit him there or he could travel to a European country and they could meet there.

I'm not buying the hardship thing; sorry.

Well we don't really know what it is however USCIS didn't accept the reason so who knows.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Most people here are traveling to the Middle East or North Africa which is expensive also. It cost me 1600$ last summer to fly to Morocco.

That would be my contention but someone else on here claims it's dirt cheap to fly from Europe to Egypt.

It is dirt cheap to fly to Egypt from the UK, and since you allege it's SO cheap to fly from the US to Europe, surely even adding the two together would not be unsurmountable. So, she could visit him there or he could travel to a European country and they could meet there.

Well we don't really know what it is however USCIS didn't accept the reason so who knows.

We don't know because she won't tell us. *shrug*

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Other Timeline

We don't know because she won't tell us. *shrug*

Get over it already! I'm a hard core atheist and I can clearly see that Jabree only wants prayers from others. She's not going to disclose no matter how many little snide remarks are made. Just deal with it. Pray for her or move on.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Get over it already! I'm a hard core atheist and I can clearly see that Jabree only wants prayers from others. She's not going to disclose no matter how many little snide remarks are made. Just deal with it. Pray for her or move on.

Don't attack me. I didn't start this thread, I didn't start the speculation, and I'm not the one applying for a visa for somebody I have never met and refusing to disclose what my hardship is. I can't believe that you can't see that the situation is hopeless.

I am also an atheist, so I don't waste my time praying for anything/anyone.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Flights to Europe is so cheap as compared to flights to many other parts of the world. People who think it's so easy to visit SOs in foreign countries have a very simplistic view of the world when they only know of European travelling.

And yet so many here manage it regardless......

I suppose I get pissy when you keep harping on about how much easier it is for Euro/US couples to buy the tickets for their visits....it is still a lot of money! Many of these couples also struggle to find the airfare y'know.My last ticket to the US cost $900..... I can imagine that is hardly a breeze to find for many ppl actually. You seem to have a simplistic view of european travel if anything because you don't know everyone's fiancial situation....

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Flights to Europe is so cheap as compared to flights to many other parts of the world. People who think it's so easy to visit SOs in foreign countries have a very simplistic view of the world when they only know of European travelling.

And yet so many here manage it regardless......

I suppose I get pissy when you keep harping on about how much easier it is for Euro/US couples to buy the tickets for their visits....it is still a lot of money! Many of these couples also struggle to find the airfare y'know.My last ticket to the US cost $900..... I can imagine that is hardly a breeze to find for many ppl actually. You seem to have a simplistic view of european travel if anything because you don't know everyone's fiancial situation....

I disagree!! I dont have a simplistic view either! I lived in the Uk!

I think it is easy as hell for European couples. tickets are dirt cheap! infact you will find a dayum

good deal so easy. lets not talk about the fact you dont have to buy a visa either. :huh:

paksitan visa for example is $120.00. for 2 months roughly. add that to your 900.00 round trip

you have a bargain. oh and travel-o-crappy has deals for Europe all the time. :huh:

shon.gif

Yeah, where the hell did she go?

I know her. Regardless of your (not YOU personally, Sarah, but the responders in general) speculations and personal judgements she is in a lot of pain and confusion and this didn't help. She left the forum. This is why I said what I did. Call it drama or not, but not everyone handles things the same way. A lot of folks here tend to get terribly tunnel-visioned. I realize I was emotional in my response but I know what Jabree is going through on a personal basis and it was hard to see what was happening here on top of what she's coping with regarding her future. Remember, this process is involving marriage which would logically suggest it involves love and a great deal of emotion.

As far as my own defense... I posted for HER. She's a friend and I care. As far as the future goes, I'll post if I please although I don't have much stomach left for this.

Wishing all those still waiting the best outcomes...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If I could just add something...if you don't go, you would be missing such a great opportunity. Going to Egypt was so much fun for us, now that we want to go somewhere soon, we talk about maybe returning there. I feel like saying, "you're young, go have fun". Go see the pyrimids, do a dinner cruise on the nile, go see the antiquites museum, shop the bazaars...Its off season now so it won't get any cheaper, and nothing is expensive once you get there. orbitz has several flights chicago-cairo next month for $854 (7-10 day rt), which I bet is less than your lawyer's retainer fee and you get your visa right at the airport. There was a small fee and a long line, but it was easy.

You'll come out with so many great memories and photos you will have forever, plus, a few good pictures can go a long way at his interview when you reach that stage. Oh, and you get to meet him and his family. I can't imagine a good enough reason to pass this up.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Other Timeline
I know her. Regardless of your (not YOU personally, Sarah, but the responders in general) speculations and personal judgements she is in a lot of pain and confusion and this didn't help. She left the forum.

Why? Because people stopped telling her what she wanted to hear?

There are times one has to look at what one is being told and whether one likes it or not, it's time to smell the bacon burning.

This reminds me of something I say to myself whenever I'm getting information from people that I don't particularly like. "Well rebecca - everybody else can't be wrong - maybe you are the one that's wrong!'

Her confusion might be helped if somebody pointed her in that direction. If she won't listen to us then maybe she would listen to a friend.

Edited by rebeccajo

Her confusion might be helped if somebody pointed her in that direction. If she won't listen to us then maybe she would listen to a friend.

It might even save her a lot of money, time, future frustration, and heartache. Now THAT would be supportive and constructive.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

I know her. Regardless of your (not YOU personally, Sarah, but the responders in general) speculations and personal judgements she is in a lot of pain and confusion and this didn't help. She left the forum.

There are times one has to look at what one is being told and whether one likes it or not, it's time to smell the bacon burning.

This reminds me of something I say to myself whenever I'm getting information from people that I don't particularly like. "Well rebecca - everybody else can't be wrong - maybe you are the one that's wrong!'

That "time" is up to the individual... only a personal level of arrogance suggests that anyone else would know when that "time" is. She updated folks here in the forum she hung out in and the visa martyrs come out of the woodwork. This has nothing to do with what she wanted to hear or not hear. Sometimes when a human being is hurting and they don't have much of a support system they have turned here which has proven itself to be not such a great idea time and again because folks simply don't stop to think maybe they just HURT and they want some kind of contact with people they assume will understand their pain. When you are in a panic you can't compute tons of advice/suggestions/criticism. You just want someone to say "I understand" until you can get yourself to a place you are ready to take action. Of course, we don't all crawl through our world in the same way. But I would think something such as a very recent denial would suggest obvious emotional turmoil to anyone who has been involved with this process.

There is nothing worse then being kicked when you're already down.

Carry on...

Edited by just_waiting

Tell Rebecca what she's won!

oh and Just Waiting....if you're such a friend of hers...shame on you for not telling her what we have! Instead you wanna sit here and chastise everyone for not bein all lollies and gumdrops. Grow a thicker skin if you think this thread's bad...because you're enabling a bad situation that COULD COMPLETELY CHANGE if certain action was taken.

You're doing this visa thing...you know the drill. And a REAL friend will tell you what you don't want to hear...because you NEED to hear it. Instead you wanna play emotional guard dog on this thread and tell us all when we're being awful (which we're not)....SHEESH!

Yes, my tone is cut and dry...I have had it with you chastising ppl on this thread for NO GOOD REASON other than you're too sensitive to have an adult convo. The things YOU'VE accused people on this thread...is ridiculous. We;re all adults here...but we certainly don't need to sing 'I love you...you love me' in order to get along.

Yes, you have the right to say whatever you want, as do I...and shame on you for enabling instead of empowering.

Edited by LisaD

Tell eEbecca what she's won!

oh and Just Waiting....if you're such a friend of hers...shame on you for not telling her what we have! Instead you wanna sit here and chastise everyone for not bein all lollies and gumdrops. Grow a thicker skin if you think this thread's bad...because you're enabling a bad situation that COULD COMPLETELY CHANGE if certain action was taken.

You're doing this visa thing...you know the drill. And a REAL friend will tell you what you don't want to hear...because you NEED to hear it. Instead you wanna play emotional guard dog on this thread and tell us all when we're being awful (which we're not)....SHEESH!

Yes, my tone is cut and dry...but the things YOU'VE accused people on this thread...is ridiculous. We;re all adults here...but we certainly don't need to sing 'I love you...you love me' in order to get along.

Yes, you have the right to say whatever you want, as do I...

Shame on me? Ha ha ha. You guys are a riot.

Tell eEbecca what she's won!

Yes, my tone is cut and dry...but the things YOU'VE accused people on this thread...is ridiculous. We;re all adults here...but we certainly don't need to sing 'I love you...you love me' in order to get along.

Yes, you have the right to say whatever you want, as do I...

Shame on me? Ha ha ha. You guys are a riot.

Yes, shame on you...

1 - I didn't see my post made by 'LisaD et al' so where 'you guys' came from is beyond me

2 - A real friend would have empowered, not enabled. And I think if this woman is really in turmoil....out of everyone here...YOU have offered the least amount of help to her. We;ve all told her what she needs to do...you're policing an effing message board bein all 'BE NICE! WAH WAH' you accuse people of things that are not true....there is a difference between constructive criticism and everything you've said here.

It's a load of twaddle, and tbh, I'm finally a bit sick of Mother Goose coming in telling me how to act. You want mean? I can do mean....I HAVEN'T done mean yet, so if you REALLY wanna see that, then let me know.

Bottom line is...your old song and dance is tired...and boring....wrap yourself in some cotton wool if you must...and actually see that what people here were offering were SOLUTIONS to change her situation. what have you done?

:cry:oh you guys are so mean I just can't stand it anymore...Jabree's in LOVE don'tcha get it :cry:

...and then jabree can become just_wating_also

Edited by LisaD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.