Nagishkaw

Update on the denial

163 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Where did Jabree ever specify her hardship? How does everyone know why her petition was denied? I searched and searched, and never found mention of "not having met in person" or "fear of flying".

Am I to assume this entire thread debate is based solely on speculation? Interesting..... :unsure:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Where did Jabree ever specify her hardship? How does everyone know why her petition was denied? I searched and searched, and never found mention of "not having met in person" or "fear of flying".

Am I to assume this entire thread debate is based solely on speculation? Interesting..... :unsure:

She filed under hardship. That means she was not able to go see him before filing which means she had to write a letter of hardship explaining why they have not met in the past 2 years.

To,

Everyone who was interested in our case being denied... (L)

I retained an attorney to appeal our case this morning . Of course, there are NO guarantees of an approval.

We felt it was our only recourse at this point, so this is where we are at as of right now.

We want to thank those who sent us PM's and were concerned, and also those who posted encouraging words in my recent thread, and the many prayers that went out to us out of brotherly/sisterly love.

There had been some questions concerning this denial. I can tell you that when we filed , we filed under a hardship. I do not want people thinking their case will be denied because ours was. Each case, as we all know, is different in it's own right.

Keep us in your prayers, it is going to be a rough road ahead.

God Bless you all ! (F)

Jabree and Hitham

I am sorry to tell you that you will not succeed and will spend money on a wasted effort with the lawyer. Please read from the link below and think about possible ways to physically meet.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/adm...c3/d6/index.htm

Good luck and take care, Marilyn and Peter.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

Timeline

To,

Everyone who was interested in our case being denied... (L)

I retained an attorney to appeal our case this morning . Of course, there are NO guarantees of an approval.

We felt it was our only recourse at this point, so this is where we are at as of right now.

We want to thank those who sent us PM's and were concerned, and also those who posted encouraging words in my recent thread, and the many prayers that went out to us out of brotherly/sisterly love.

There had been some questions concerning this denial. I can tell you that when we filed , we filed under a hardship. I do not want people thinking their case will be denied because ours was. Each case, as we all know, is different in it's own right.

Keep us in your prayers, it is going to be a rough road ahead.

God Bless you all ! (F)

Jabree and Hitham

I am sorry to tell you that you will not succeed and will spend money on a wasted effort with the lawyer. Please read from the link below and think about possible ways to physically meet.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/adm...c3/d6/index.htm

Good luck and take care, Marilyn and Peter.

Thanks for posting those decisions- they are a good read and are very interesting.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jabree gives some explanation in this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=27772&hl=

Edited by Amie4six

Timeline

I saw her post about how both her and her fiance are sick

:ot: they are NOT sick

:ot2:

Oh please, did you really need to come find a post of mine where you think I may have used the wrong word to say that they both have the same condition? You know what I mean, bye now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh please, did you really need to come find a post of mine where you think I may have used the wrong word to say that they both have the same condition? You know what I mean, bye now.

Sarah wasn't posting abt Jabree stating they were both sick, it was abt another couple who managed to see each other despite the fact that they are both wheelchair bound - again, NOT JABREE... pls refer to the previous 2 or 3 posts....

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

And I guess you failed to see the part where I said I admire tham and think it's great they did so much to make things work.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yep, that about sums it up very well. Speculation took over like wildfire. It was disclosed in another thread that she couldn't meet in person and that she tried to file for a hardship waiver. That part is not speculation.

However, it has never been disclosed why she can't meet. Everything pertaining to the reasons have been pure speculation. Frankly, I don't buy the fear of flying or lack of money speculations.

Jabree has as much admitted that she'll be ridiculed if she disclosed the reason(s), so I highly doubt it's for these two reasons. Additionally, retaining a lawyer pretty much rules out the lack of funds possibility.

I'd love to know the reason why she couldn't have met her SO, but I'm resigned to the fact that she won't be disclosing her details. I respect her privacy. (I don't have a timeline sig myself because I like my privacy too.)

Best of luck Jabree. I hope you are the 1 in 50,000 cases where a waiver is granted.

Edited by SirLancelot

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

welcome to my life...2000 to Oz...in peak season which is when I have off for xmas :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Sarah wasn't posting abt Jabree stating they were both sick, it was abt another couple who managed to see each other despite the fact that they are both wheelchair bound - again, NOT JABREE... pls refer to the previous 2 or 3 posts....

Thanks Noura! Funny how she hunted down my post and tried to get me into trouble. I guess she didn't read the thread now did she.

I have read the whole thread, and I do know she wasn't talking about Jabree. I am just commenting on the fact that people with muscular dystrophy aren't SICK. It's just the wrong word, as Sarah acknowledged.

Timeline

I have read the whole thread, and I do know she wasn't talking about Jabree. I am just commenting on the fact that people with muscular dystrophy aren't SICK. It's just the wrong word, as Sarah acknowledged.

Aww how grateful I am that you came on with your busy schedule and tried to teach me a lesson. Better luck next time! Maybe you can find someone else to harass now. byeeeee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.