• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think it looks like a goat

it's a possum that ain't playing possum

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
exactly! each country has a perception about them. trying to get nessa here on a visitor visa stood just slightly more of a chance. i can't even imagine how difficult it would be for a male from the middle east trying to come here on a tourist visa.

They laugh you out of the embassy if you try to apply, literally.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

exactly! each country has a perception about them. trying to get nessa here on a visitor visa stood just slightly more of a chance. i can't even imagine how difficult it would be for a male from the middle east trying to come here on a tourist visa.

They laugh you out of the embassy if you try to apply, literally.

India is the same way.

I know people in India who have met their fiance(e) in Dubai as a workaround. It's pretty easy for an Indian to get travel documents for Dubai and it's less expensive than flying to India for an American.

My ticket to Pakistan cost 1900.00 :huh:

You got ripped off. India/Pakistan flights, even during peak times, can be found for no more than 1300 if you look hard enough.

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I feel deeply sorry for Jabree and I know how heartbroken she must be at this point however, I have to also agree with these points.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I do not know the hardships for not being able to meet in person. While the others pray for you, I gonna lay the facts on you.

Stop wasting time and money on an attorney trying to appeal this. The USCIS has taken the stance long ago as being nearly impossible to meet in person is the only acceptable reason. Cultral prohibition of meeting....never happen in Egypt. Off hand I know of no culture that prohibits meeting beforehand. If there is, then they expect you to observe all facets of that culture. You can read all the appeals on the USCIS website, and the only one that Ive ever seen that was successful was someone on a Kidney dialysis maching who could not fly. All others, including financial, family, etc. were upheld on appeal (i.e. petitioner denied). Bite the bullet and go visit and meet and document the meeting. It will get a K-1 approved but no necessarily a visa.

good luck

I agree with this, and I agree with the government for not issuing immigrant visas to people who haven't met. I'm sorry, but that's the honest truth.

He's Egyptian. They don't make it easy on Egyptians or any other Arabs or ppls from Muslim countries to get to the states.

I don't get why he can't just visit America.

Agreed. I haven't read a single judgemental or blatantly unkind statement. Look at how much you have to go through even when you actually do meet your SO in person. Sorry to say but I wasn't a bit surprised at the outcome.

So the usual judgemental VJ crud has taken over yet another thread. Its so easy when it's NOT YOU, isn't it? But hey, makes a person all feel snuggly warm that he/she are always better in their views then some poor sod who obviously has no clue, eh?

We're all adults on this board, we've all been through so many scenarios in our minds. What works for one may not for another for whatever reason isn't even any of our business, so all the hot air is just ego stroking and not advice giving as you may like to label it. Folks suffer enough stress and anxiety in this process without this fluff. It's a shame really. All the helpful information gets lost in the inevitable muck.

(flame away... as is the VJ style.)

personally I haven't seen people being judgmental....just realistic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jabree, could you tell us why you can't visit your significant other? There are plenty of ladies here who have been to Egypt and can share their experiences, and maybe find some way to make it easier for you to go there.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It would be helpful to know why Jabree couldn't go meet face to face. This is a big one to the USCIS. If this truly is because of a lack of funds, even if you get the approval, you will run into another wall later on in the process. You see, you need to provide evidence that you can support your SO when he gets here.

I am so sorry for this heartache, I have had a fair share of my own with this process. I hope you can figure out how to fix this situation soon. My best wishes to you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If it's fear of flying....well that was my fear originally too but I met with my doctor and will be taking some perty funky pills to 1) aleviate my fear, 2) allow me to sleep whilst flying over the ocean and 3) just make me feel darn good in general!! :):):):dance::dance::D

I know this might be off topic but when I think of my biggest fear...it's the most irrational one.....I am fine flying from Boston to Florida, for example, which is basically a flight over land............but the thought of flying over a wide body of water for any length of time just makes me break out in goosebumps. Why???? Will it not hurt as much when I crash on the ground as opposed to in the water? I'd think I'd have a much easier survival rate if we dropped to the ocean since the impact would be less right?

Anyway I look forward to whatever cool psych pills my doc gives me before the trip. :dance::thumbs:

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

It's actually more of a comfortable flight over the water. Not as much turbulance. Most problems happen during take off and landing anyways. You'll be fine inshallah.

If it's fear of flying....well that was my fear originally too but I met with my doctor and will be taking some perty funky pills to 1) aleviate my fear, 2) allow me to sleep whilst flying over the ocean and 3) just make me feel darn good in general!! :):):):dance::dance::D

I know this might be off topic but when I think of my biggest fear...it's the most irrational one.....I am fine flying from Boston to Florida, for example, which is basically a flight over land............but the thought of flying over a wide body of water for any length of time just makes me break out in goosebumps. Why???? Will it not hurt as much when I crash on the ground as opposed to in the water? I'd think I'd have a much easier survival rate if we dropped to the ocean since the impact would be less right?

Anyway I look forward to whatever cool psych pills my doc gives me before the trip. :dance::thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Jabree, could you tell us why you can't visit your significant other?

See, this is the annoying part of this game. She's stated publically flat out that she will NOT detail her reasons, so as not to be ridiculed. So then everyone speculates on what the reason is, and all the possible solutions to all the possible reasons. It's ridiculous, and unfair to VJers.

If she wants support and prayers, there are emails and private messages, or public postings with LESS detail than she's put out. If you're not going to talk about it, don't bring it up. People here are naturally helpful and want to find solutions--I think it's an insult, the way it's been approached here.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I also think it's a disservice to others who are now panicking that their cases will be denied. If you think you're gonna be ridiculed then you know something doesn't seem right in the first place. Sorry but I gotta be honest here.

Jabree, could you tell us why you can't visit your significant other?

See, this is the annoying part of this game. She's stated publically flat out that she will NOT detail her reasons, so as not to be ridiculed. So then everyone speculates on what the reason is, and all the possible solutions to all the possible reasons. It's ridiculous, and unfair to VJers.

If she wants support and prayers, there are emails and private messages, or public postings with LESS detail than she's put out. If you're not going to talk about it, don't bring it up. People here are naturally helpful and want to find solutions--I think it's an insult, the way it's been approached here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

{1} To the OP, I offer my condolences on the denial, I hope you find a way to work around it.

{2} I agree with the above posts offering advice, I see no one attacking her. Just giving good sound, realistic advice about the very rough road she has ahead.

{3} I just want to state to the OP, you're going to have to make a decision about how you want to proceed with VJ. If you want to offer miniscule details, by the nature of this board, you are goign to get people to speculate and offer their advice whether it's correct for your situation or not. This may appear to be attacking you, but it's the most people can do when you offer such vague details. My thoughts to you, if you'd like to stay private, don't post about it on VJ. If you'd like some real help from the experts here that have (I'm assuming) helped you so much this far, I'd recommend letting a little more information out. It's your decision, either way.

Good luck!

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

EDIT: For spelling. :blush:

Edited by bebop + rocksteady

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I completly agree with the advice given to the OP, and I don't see anyone being mean or judgemental. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

{1} To the OP, I offer my condolences on the denial, I hope you find a way to work around it.

{2} I agree with the above posts offering advice, I see no one attacking her. Just giving good sound, realistic advice about the very rough road she has ahead.

{3} I just want to state to the OP, you're going to have to make a decision about how you want to proceed with VJ. If you want to offer miniscule details, by the nature of this board, you are goign to get people to speculate and offer their advice whether it's correct for your situation or not. This may appear to be attacking you, but it's the most people can do when you offer such vague details. My thoughts to you, if you'd like to stay private, don't post about it on VJ. If you'd like some real help from the experts here that have (I'm assuming) helped you so much this far, I'd recommend letting a little more information out. It's your decision, either way.

Good luck!

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

EDIT: For spelling. :blush:

Well put! :thumbs:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.