randj

Sputum Test...St lukes called and want her to come back early

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok she had her sputum test August 17th,18th, and 19th. At that time they told her to call on October 18th for her results. They called her today and want her to return to St. Lukes on Sept. 14th. Of course they wont say why. So what does everyone think? Does this mean she is positive and they want to start treatment? As anyone heard of this and it didnt mean they were positve? Please share any experiances or ideas good or bad. Thanks!

-Met online 6/2010

-Met in person 2/20/11

-Mailed I-129F 3/25/11

-Received NOA1 email/text 3/31/11

-Received Hard copy NOA1 4/04/11

-Received NOA2 Email/Text 6/22/11

-Received hard Copy NOA2 6/27/11

-NVC Received petition 7/25/11(Got MNL Case#)

Timeline

There are many stories and accounts of experiences with the sputum culture results here on the site. I have read many of them - maybe all of them because my fiancee is also going thru that right now. She's one week into the 8 week wait. What I have read is that if SLEC calls you to come back and its before the 7th or 8th week, it is possible that the cultures have grown and the results are positive. I have read that if you get no call from SLEC by the 7th week then in all probability no culture has grown and your results are negative.

This is what i have read and seems most consitant within the experiences on VJ.

Take a look at the posts yourself and maybe they will help you.

In my opinion and based on accounts here in the posts, I think your results are positive - but that's just my guess! Read the posts yourself to get a feel for why I am guessing that. Just a suggestion.

I hope and pray the results are negative. God Bless!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

+1...Derrick... :thumbs:

Either she is positive for TB, or St. Lukes needs some more sputum. I hope it's the latter.

Best wishes. :star:

Timeline

+1...Derrick... :thumbs:

Either she is positive for TB, or St. Lukes needs some more sputum. I hope it's the latter.

Best wishes. :star:

We are preparing ourselves for her being positive for TB but have you really heard of them "needing more sputum"? i realize i am reaching here but you guys know how hard this all is. Regardless we will keep fighting for this! Thanks for your feedback! :thumbs:

-Met online 6/2010

-Met in person 2/20/11

-Mailed I-129F 3/25/11

have you really heard of them "needing more sputum"?

Yes. Sh*t happens...even at St. Lukes. The culture could have been contaminated, or even lost.

If it turns out that she needs treatment, be glad that it was caught and cured. Her health is more important than anything else.

Hang in there. Believe me, it's worth it. :yes:

Best wishes! :star:

Timeline

Yes. Sh*t happens...even at St. Lukes. The culture could have been contaminated, or even lost.

If it turns out that she needs treatment, be glad that it was caught and cured. Her health is more important than anything else.

Hang in there. Believe me, it's worth it. :yes:

Best wishes! :star:

Well its confirmed positive. :unsure: We are going to start the long road of treatment. One other question. Of all the stories i have read about this no one ever mentions the USC getting a TB test? I will get one just to make sure but has any one else had themselves checked? Thanks again for everyones help! :thumbs:

-Met online 6/2010

-Met in person 2/20/11

-Mailed I-129F 3/25/11

Thank you for posting the results. Sorry about your bad news. I know the waiting can be difficult.

But I'm glad she's going to get treatment and be cured. Her health is the most important thing.

Yes, be safe and go get checked yourself. :thumbs:

Timeline

Well its confirmed positive. :unsure: We are going to start the long road of treatment. One other question. Of all the stories i have read about this no one ever mentions the USC getting a TB test? I will get one just to make sure but has any one else had themselves checked? Thanks again for everyones help! :thumbs:

Hi. Are they the one going to schedule you for sputum test if they suspect tb or you can choose the dates you want to have the sputum test? Is it true that the tb treatment needs to be taken at SLEC? Are they not going to allow applicants to take them at home especially for those who are not from Manila? What happened to the scheduled interview?

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Are they the one going to schedule you for sputum test if they suspect tb or you can choose the dates you want to have the sputum test? Is it true that the tb treatment needs to be taken at SLEC? Are they not going to allow applicants to take them at home especially for those who are not from Manila? What happened to the scheduled interview?

Yes SLEC will schedule the sputum test for you. The treatment will also be in SLEC and the applicant will have to go there everyday for 6 months (?) to get her medications regardless of where she comes from.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The scheduled interview will have to be rescheduled too. I'm sorry for the outcome of your fiancee's medical exam. Good thing they found out about it. Health is more important above all.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.