XXXX

Is my relationship hopeless??????

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

we just got finished with my fiancee annulment. It can be done with the right atty. We started it in May 09 and finished Sept 1 2011. Just need a lawyer. Her husband doesn't have to be there. And it cost us 250.000 pesos. So expect to come off some cash. Its not cheap, Be very aware of lawyers there too. Most will try to scam you, Some do have somewhat of a soul. Those are the ones who will cost you.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
then maybe you want this moved to the PI forum then?

Yes please, I've reported the thread but it hasn't been moved yet and all of the irrelevant info being given here is just clouding the real issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for the delay, I just signed on and read the report.

Thread is being moved to the Philippines forum from the K-1 Visa forum as a more appropriate location for this discussion.

I will also remind everyone to confine your comments to the question asked and don't add your own editorial judgments.

Also, an exchange of personal insults violating TOS has been removed

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

OP, I felt so sorry for the situation you are in right now.

But this one is tangible proof that Philippine marriage laws doesn't have any strong coverage for women who have been in such terrible situations of any sort. From battery, to adultery down to men like the "still" legally husband of OP's fiancee who continually deny the fiancee's happiness to move on and find a genuine companionship. That I'll be very hard to be unleashed from the marriage bond with another person, therefore... I would suggest that you guys do necessary procedures that; I mean the legal proceedings to avoid any more future discouraging situations.. OP, first thing you need to do is hire a good family lawyer in the Philippines to see if there would be any way to convince or put pressure on the soon to be ex husband of your fiancee. In that case, your fiancee can proceed to annulment which can be very costly up to $6000 which can depend how much you want to "speed- up" =(bribe) able individual in her case. After the annulment, then you guys can start over again from your K-1 visa process.

May all good things favor to you.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

She needs to get an annulment , then you guys marry and start the process over again

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Here's a key issue when it comes to immigration::

It raises questions. For example, how could she have been legally married in Singapore without applying for a marriage license and signing it?

I would think she must have signed a marriage license. how else could the German husband have had a copy of the marriage certificate to report the marriage....

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The best Advice is to walk away.

Assuming you won't follow that advice.

1. confirm that marriage in Singapore was legal

2. Chances are she does not meet the legal criteria for an annulment

in PI , that is not an absolute impediment to getting an annulment

however you will be completely at the mercy of the lawyers and judges. they can take all your money and then deny the annulment

since she dosnt have legal grounds for it anyway

The best chance you have of realy having true grounds for philippines annulment would be if the other guy was married to someone else at the time of their wedding.

3.You can then take your chances with the immigration people

4. You can google international private detective to have someone check on the husband's previous marriage. and while you are at it have them investigate your girl friend.

the fact that the other guy just applied for her visa means one of two things.

1. He is insane

2. she has still been encouraging him, that ####### about supposed to be a cerimonial wedding is hard to believe

Yes if you are in love with the girl and want to believe, it is easy

but from the outside looking in, things don't smell right. Just think how much trouble you would save yourself if an investigation revealed she is either leading this guy on

or seeing someone else during your long absences.

Edited by Dan and Judy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my only question is: how did the marriage to the guy in Germany get registered in the Philippines? Something just smells as bad as the Manila bay. Not sure what, when, where or how. But as for me I would run as fast as I could. I would investigate how the marriage was recorded in the NBI. Plus how the petition for her visa to germany was filed. Something just sounds wrong. I don't know everything, nor do I want to judge. But you are already in trouble if after she married the one guy, she took up with you. I know love can be blind, and not see many things. I hope all goes well for you.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

:thumbs:

I'm curious if OP has made any financial commitments to this girl ...and... What is giving Mr. Germany the impression it's ok to go ahead with the visa. I think the OP needs to have a 1 on 1 talk with Mr. Germany.

I asked my wife if there is a term for a married woman engaged to another man...asawa ko said yes...the term is "#######".

WOWWWW! No you did'ant!

Jus doesnt seem nice...

Edited by kennym

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think the OP needs to have a 1 on 1 talk with Mr. Germany.

Gah! You beat me to it. I'd be buying that German a tall draft of German Lager.

Something's not adding up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.