XXXX

Is my relationship hopeless??????

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

With all due respect to those who believe our relationship is insincere. I think that I should point out that if her desire was to just to get out of Philippines, she wouuld have stayed with the man she was with before. The German passport and German citizenship is fairly equivalent to US especially when compared to the Philippines. (Sorry US patriots.) She had every opportunity to be with him over the past two years and instead waited in the Philippines for me. She has asked me multiple times to relocate to her country so we can be together, but as I have other obligations here, I just can't. (My son is only 4 and needs his father.) True we didn't have the most noble start to our relationship, but that doesn't mean we don't love each other. It certainly would be easier for me to take if I really believed that she just wanted a green card. Neither of us were looking for a relationship when we found each other, and this is the largest of several huge hurdles we have already overcome. I just hope its the last and we get through it.

I'm sorry dude. I feel for you. I wish you two the best of luck.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

What are you people missing here? Read the OP's Original Post. The OP knew the beneficiary was legally married but yet submitted (together on the 325-A Forms) was not. So as, Fraud though hoping it maynot be caught by USCIS.

One post indicated a lifetime ban which is true for lying to the US Goverment. They both knew she was legally married don't you think ?

I see advice for Anulments, etc. but, your are forgetting in your replies. It was Fraud from the start. Both parties knew she was Not legally free to marry and submitted the paperwork as is if she was.

This is why so many of you complain about how long the process takes for your case. because they watch for this activity.

I have nothing against the OP and his Fiancee but these are facts.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I read your first post again, your case needs a good advice from an immigration lawyer. Looks like there's something going on her mind. Whatever it is she is the only one who knows it. They separated 2 months after they got married and even then she already started talking to you. I don't think she totally lost her communication with her husband since you stated her husband filed her marriage her in the Philippines 2 months ago and even filed a marriage visa. and that's 22 months (if i'm not mistaken) after they got married and at the same time you filed K1 visa for her. Don't you think someone would file a marriage visa for her wife more than 20 months after they got married if they don't have any means of communications? Does it means she was talking to you and talking to her husband at the same time? I'm sorry but its looks like "whoever visa comes first" basis here. I'm sorry its just my point of view but thinking about that, maybe that's why she got denied, she put single on her application while the truth is she was married. Does she tell you the cause of her denial?.... Seems like she lied from the very start.... Your fiance maybe can hide something from you but not with USCIS.....

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

With all due respect to those who believe our relationship is insincere. I think that I should point out that if her desire was to just to get out of Philippines, she wouuld have stayed with the man she was with before. The German passport and German citizenship is fairly equivalent to US especially when compared to the Philippines. (Sorry US patriots.) She had every opportunity to be with him over the past two years and instead waited in the Philippines for me. She has asked me multiple times to relocate to her country so we can be together, but as I have other obligations here, I just can't. (My son is only 4 and needs his father.) True we didn't have the most noble start to our relationship, but that doesn't mean we don't love each other. It certainly would be easier for me to take if I really believed that she just wanted a green card. Neither of us were looking for a relationship when we found each other, and this is the largest of several huge hurdles we have already overcome. I just hope its the last and we get through it.

That is very true and made me crack! :rofl: Germans even make better cars :lol:

Also, although many want to come here because of the land of opportunities yadda yadda, the vast majority only wants to move because of their loved ones, and wouldn't care less otherwise.

However, what others have tried to say, stating in some official papers that you two (each of you) are free to marry (that's condition # 1 to get a fiancé visa, all the rest come later) when you are not, and you are knowingly making a misstatement, will not be seen very positively by whoever reviews your file. even if she will ever obtain a divorce.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your Case/Question is to complicated for a member to answer. You need a Immigration Attorney.

Second: You state you have a NOA2.. How did you get the NOA1 which requires both parties are free to marry? What exactly did you say on the I-129F to obtain the NOA1 ? You will need an Attorney if I read your post correctly.

You both must be Legally Free and Able to Marry.

an immigration attorney isn't what he needs to solve a family law issue...

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The largest of "hurdles" you will encounter is the Fraud issues with the consulate and USCIS having already attempted to immigrate her when she was married and the two tourist visa applications that it appears might have also falsely represented her as not married.

When you tell one lie it leads to another, and in this case the Consulate that interviews her eventually if ever divorced will not take that lightly. Read the rules on Marriage Fraud because that is the charge they will

be coming at you with. Not even sure if there is a waiver available if you could get approved at the consulate.

Edited by Sergi9

Timeline

The OP said the Pinay married a GERMAN guy IN SINGAPORE. and obviously, they are STILL MARRIED.

Does she have two ex husbands or one? A German and a Singaporean?

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Timeline

haha. just noticed that. anyway, good luck to you OP. hope you and your girl find a way to deal with your problem in a LEGAL way.

we CLEARED that 3 pages ago :rofl:

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Timeline

Gee... a lot of foreign expats living in the Philippines says that filipinos have more freedom than most people in the world... we may not have divorce but we have legal separation and annulment. Divorce is okay, but I am also okay if we do not have that law... just make us value marriage more and think not twice but so many times before getting into it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't see how a response like this helps the OP at all. Good for you and your morals (which I agree with) but I don't think the OP was asking if anybody here would make the same mistake he made.

First of all, it's an excellent point, CocoNUTS.. Secondly, it's funny, and 3rd, the OP hasnt shown good jusdgement...

Lighten up coco..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So the 2 initial toursit visa's were not for the intent of getting married. I just wanted her to visit my country to see if she would be interested in moving here. We were naive to the difficulty of obtaining the visa at that time. The reason it was twice was once while we were living together in Singapore (which was denied because she was not a PR) and a second time in Philippines where they decided that leaving her son behind was not strong enough ties to her country to guarantee her return. After that we decided to get engaged not knowing the can of worms which would be opened.

Why are you even wasting your time with this women. Withdraw your petition. I know there are many single available women to meet. She is married to 2 men from what I have read so far and now you want to be number 3? How do you even know your now being used by her? I would run not walk away from this situation. Sorry, but in the end you might be the next ex-husband sooner rather than later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why are you even wasting your time with this women. Withdraw your petition. I know there are many single available women to meet. She is married to 2 men from what I have read so far and now you want to be number 3? How do you even know your now being used by her? I would run not walk away from this situation. Sorry, but in the end you might be the next ex-husband sooner rather than later.

I would think its to late to cover a deception trail of paperwork to the US Goverment (USCIS). Its done. I still would say if you have the money to fight the lies then, attempt to do so. I see no avail in this case. PERIOD

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Its kind of sad how a drama filled thread like this gets so many posts, the question of what to do was answered a LONG time ago, now other people are just jumping in to be apart of the drama... Now people are bickering back and forth amongst themselves, which is pointless. Is he making a mistake by marrying someone who is already married, and lying about it to the US govt? Maybe, but its his life and his right to make all the mistakes he wants, because ultimately, he has to live with it. Its not our job to save him or make him do anything.

This thread is like a 10 car pile up that everyone is rubbernecking to see if someone died, its kind of horrible. Lets all turn our energies towards something constructive, like helping people who really need help in this forum instead of fighting with each other and repeating the same advice over and over. Nothing new can really be said unless someone here is an immigration attorney with lots of Philippines experience.

Edited by Austramerican

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.