XXXX

Is my relationship hopeless??????

119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wonder what she put as her Marital status when she applied for those visitor visa's.

Yes if on those application if she has put single its going to come and haunt her.

When I went for my CR1 interview I was asked about my first B1/2 which was 10 yrs back and she has the information about me form then.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Regardless of getting her marriage annulled in the Philippines you will have to explain to the US Embassy in Manila why you filed the first I-129f while she was still married.

There are reasons the Philippines is a Fraud Country and one of them is that it's not unheard of for a filipino to conceal current relationships (including marriage) to get a Kano to import her to the US.

You knew about her marriage and just thought that the Philippine government didn't, since she didn't actually apply for the K-1 the only issue there is the USC lying on the petition.

The tourist visa applications are another story if she concealed her marital status...

+1 earlier application and what she has put on there if she has put single would haunt you all the way for mis-representation.

Get a good lawyer in the Philippines to push the annulment, the 2 years of not seeing each other should be a good ground for it... then start again and get a good immigration lawyer...

Why are the Philippines so strict in this regard? That is so terrible...seems like the government is enforcing religious beliefs on un-consenting citizens who had no say in which country they were born. The US has its problems, but at least we have better freedoms...I know that Islamic countries can be similar, but I just never thought that a predominantly Catholic nation would do the same. I'm Roman Catholic, and I'm ashamed of all this nonsense. The set-up for abuse potential is horrifying.

Gee... a lot of foreign expats living in the Philippines says that filipinos have more freedom than most people in the world... we may not have divorce but we have legal separation and annulment. Divorce is okay, but I am also okay if we do not have that law... just make us value marriage more and think not twice but so many times before getting into it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

An "NOA1" is just a receipt notice for your payemnt - it does not require anything.

I agree with this

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

This post makes me aware how old and old-fashioned I personally am. I would not even consider an intimate relationship with a married woman, as I consider adultery not a desirable trait for any spouse. That in turn prevents me from such unfortunate experiences and protects me from husbands who may not find it funny that I'm making out with their lawfully wedded wife.

But that's just me.

I don't see how a response like this helps the OP at all. Good for you and your morals (which I agree with) but I don't think the OP was asking if anybody here would make the same mistake he made.

Gee... a lot of foreign expats living in the Philippines says that filipinos have more freedom than most people in the world... we may not have divorce but we have legal separation and annulment. Divorce is okay, but I am also okay if we do not have that law... just make us value marriage more and think not twice but so many times before getting into it...

Just take a look at the "Effects of Major Family Changes" forum. Any day.

Did you know that infidelity is not grounds for annulment? Nor physical or mental violence? What the h*ll is wrong with a country that won't grant that? Some people are young and naive when they get married. Should the wife take her beatings and her husband's infidelity just because she can't get divorced? Yes, she can be separated, but she can't get re-married. That's insanely horrifying to behold. You're essentially effed. Doomed because you were too young to realize what douche your husband was and now can't get an annulment and can't now marry the love of your life.

http://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-divorce-legal-separation-in-the-philippines-questions-and-answers/

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

So I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now. I live in America and have been traveling back in forth. I also work overseas often and we've been staying together during the relationship. Unfortunately she was married in Singapore right around the time we began seeing each other. It was a mistake. They seperated shortly after (around 2 months), and both left the country. Unfortunately, Singapore does not allow divorce or anullment unless both parties are permanent residents. As many of you know Philippines is not a visa waiver country and tourist visas are not easy to come by. (We tried twice.) Her husband refuses to get a divorce or anullment. We hoped that since this marriage was not registered in the Philippines we may have been able to squeek through the K1 process without a problem. I know its shady but we are deperate to be together. We even got all the way to NOA2. When she went to CENOMAR she found that her German husband whom she had not seen in two years filed a marriage visa for her to move to Germany and consequently registered her marriage in Phillippines2 months ago. I have since cancelled the Visa hoping that the cancellation will not sabotage our efforts if we try again later. She called him and he will not give her an anullment even though its been 2 years since they've seen each other.

BEFORE or AFTER you 2 met? :)

As was mentioned by Bob and another poster it seems your level of naiveate' goes a little deeper than the Tourist VISA. You have hooked up with a married woman who married someone AFTER she started her relationship with you. Seems she prefers the prospect of a trip to US over one to Germany. She got you to LIE on the USCIS forms for K VISA which is MARRIAGE FRAUD. You were knowingly complicit in this as well as getting involved in an adulterous relationship.

I do not see how you could avoid the bite in the rear regarding MISREP and fraud attempt from the first application you filed. It will be in USCIS records when you file again. The divorce decree will have dates on it that prove she was not free to marry and you signed a document that said she was. Did she sign a bio-graphical form that stated she was single when she is not?

If she is willing to jump ship on a new marriage so easily and so soon, it will be no suprise to us later when/if you ever overcome the hurdles of US Immigration that she runs out on you seconds after she hits the tarmack her in the States or gets the coveted 10 year GC.

Good luck.. you will need it.

OP, I hope you read and considered the post above.

I'd run, not walk.

Edited by A + M
as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

An "NOA1" is just a receipt notice for your payemnt - it does not require anything.

Disagree with this: Why ; The Original 129-F required separate 325-A Forms for the Petitioner/Beneficiary signed in Ink and dated. Proof of disolvement of a previous marridge is to be diclosed and appropriate documents to show that marridge is legally disolved. This was not the case here.

The NOA1 is a reciept if your application was forthfully true but does not avoid what you wrote in your submital in the 129-F Petition. In this case, the 129-F was Fraudulant and was caught by USCIS.

So I think you are wrong (respectfuly) that the NOA1/129-F does not require anything. It requires the truth.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its a common misconception about annulment that i the other party will not cooperate, annulment is not possible. However, having a first hand experience of this case where my husband also refused to sign the summon and appear in court made the case be pretty much easier. The respondent being absent during the hearing will be represented by the fiscal. I am already annulled and my husband had not showed up even just ones nor responded to his summon. If the respondent can;t be located, the summon can just be publicized.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The reality is that your lady needs to deal with her German husband. She must obtain a divorce for your case to go forward in the USA. You have your hands tied behind your back. She must press for a divorce or annulment somehow. Your relationship is not hopeless, but your's is very complicated (like most) and you've hurtles to overcome. Have patience and do what you must and do what you can. I hope the best for you and for us all.

Timeline

Hello, try to find a lawyer here in the Philippines who specialized Annulment Cases, they know what kind of case they will file , there are lots of grounds to file an Annulment Case . I was separated for 6 years and my lawyer filed an annulment with the grounds of "Psychological Incapacity with NARCISSISTIC Anti-Social Behavior" . So before going to the next step like filing of K1 visa try to cleared out the first step. You need a long patience in this case cause I waited mine for 3 years and my case is "No Contest" meaning my ex didn't file for a counter affidavit so if your fiancee's husband (not ex yet cause she's still married to him up to this point)would file a counter affidavit then maybe much longer. The whole process needs a long patience and a strong faith to God. But before filing an Annulment make sure you find the right attorney who would not want only money, but an attorney who wants money (of-course that's what they after for, lol) and who wants to win the case.

May God Bless Bless both of you on this long journey.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

And since from the start of filing you already lied maybe it will be better to withdraw it before it reach USEM. Your situation maybe too complicated but remember try to solve the problem one by one, step by step to cleared out all the hindrance or any obstacles that you see on your way, so your case will not be hopeless at the end.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.